Price of milk going up

I thought the price of gas was ridiculous. The price of milk is said to increase to up to $5.00 a gallon in the Fall. That's crazy! Good thing we don't have to buy as much milk as we do gas.
@dfollin (12768)
Lol,is expensive as gas is it will still be cheaper to drink gas! Lol!
yucko
@Kythe42 (1412)
Wow! I hadn't heard about that. Do you know why the price of milk is going up so much? At least my family isn't a big milk drinker. We mostly just pour it on cereal and use it in cooking sometimes.
I don't know for sure. It didn't really say. Just that the price of gas and everything else is making the price go up. I guess with the price of gas going up, the price of other things will follow.
@happymommy3 (2013)
I had no idea it was gonna go up that high, but I guess I'm not so surprised the way things are going up these days. I've already seen gallons of milk a little over 4.00 at some stores and I could not believe it. We ALWAYS have to have atleast 3-4 gallons of milk a week since our kids and my husband and I do drink alot of it so I really don't look forward to paying 5.00! Goodness, we just might have to slow down on our drinking!
Yes it most certainly is ridiculous, and for all the poor people in this world that already struggle to feed their children healthy foods it is almost catastrophic. We all know children need at the very least 3 glasses of milk a day for normal bone growth, and adults need it for bone maintenence. Now you could take regular milk and mix it with powder milk half and half to save a few bucks that way. I have actually done that and my kids cant even tell the difference.