When you see a bumble bee...

When you see a bumble bee or yellow jacket in your yard, do you automatically assume that it is going to sting you?
@jazzygdc7 (285)
No, not always because I remain calm and I don't let the bee go near me. I don't want him to sting me. The best way to avoid him stinging me is not to scare him or do anything that will come near me.
Honestly, that is the best advice to keep from being stung. Originally I asked the question because we have hornets and bumblebees in our area, and I am always worried what I should do if one of them approaches me. Thanks for the advice.
@zandi458 (27952)
I have that feeling and the moment I see a bumble bee I will run for my life but actual fact they are harmless if unprovoke.
@dbhattji (2507)
I have been stung once by a bumble bee, it hurt a lot, and the second bite causes severe reaction, so I have to be very careful now, to avoid a second bite. So you can understand if I run when I see a bumble bee now.
No! I think it's funny when people see a bee and start running around and swatting at it. Just because it's around you, doesn't mean it wants you for a snack. lol