How can i access my computer from remote place?

@vikkramm (497)
I assume your machine runs either on Windows, or on Linux (sorry, I don't have much experience on Macs). Here are some easy ways to remotely access your computer without buying additional software: For Windows XP: Use the Remote Desktop deature. Here's what you should do 1. Go to the "Remote" tab on the Properties page of "My computer" and enable the Remote Desktop feature by ticking the box that says "Allow users to remotely connect to my computer" 2. If you are behind a firewall, open up your port 3389 on the forewall for TCP/UDP (in case of NAT, use port forwarding). Also, note your public IP address...you'll need it for the next step. You can find it easily by visiting http://whatismyip.com 3. To connect to your machine, go to a remote machine running Windows XP (Microsoft has a Remote Desktop client for use on older flavors of Windows) and start the Remote Desktop Connection (you'll find it at ProgramsAccessoriesCommunica... and type in your external (public) IP address. Easier still, you could run the command "mstsc" 4. You'll be asked to authenticate yourself. Give a username and password, which has administrative rights on your PC. You could also let non-admins in, but that involves specifying on your machine who all have the permission to connect remotely. 5. Well, that's it! THere is also a web interface to this whole thing, but I'll not cover it here For PCs running on pre-WinXP OSs, and Linux machines: Use a VNC program. I've used TightVNC, and found it a charm to work it. It's free, GPL-licensed software and sin't hard to set up. You can find the details at their website http://www.tightvnc.com When using TightVNC, I'd recommend that you use a tunnelling protocol like SSH for added security (you wouldn't want someone else to be connecting to your machine, would you?). Most linux flavors have an SSH server built-in. For Windows, you could use OpenSSH which, again is free:-) One issue that you've gonna face,especially in case you connect to the net via DSL or phone modem, is that your external IP would be dynamic i.i. it would change over time. To counter that, you can either request/buy an static IP from your ISP; or if you want a free solution, you can simply write a liil' script that polls your external IP from time to time and send you a mail (or update an external website) whenever you get a new IP address. By the way, there are also a slew of software that you can buy, which does everything outlined above. I've used DameWare at a client's site; I'm sure there are more of them.
@coolcat123 (4392)
To access my computer from remote place you will need a remote desktop connection software which are by default present in Windows Xp.To connect to your pc from other computer from the means of internet you will need to first configure your computer first.To configure your computer for remote desktop connection go to the properties of my computer and setup the users required to open your computer using remote desktop connection.After enabling remote desktop connection go to your workplace or any other place from where you want to log in to your system and then open the remote desktop connection from that computer and than enter your computers name or your ip address.You will be automatically taken to your computer.