The Ups and Downs of a working Mom

I had resigned from my job two years ago so I could spend more time with my kids. It's very hard to become a working mom but I cant stop working because I need to support them. What I did was I put up a small home based business so I may work and take care of the kids at the same time. What were your experiences as a working mom?
@zavansky (57)
Just quit my job to open a home daycare. My children were not being well taken care of at the daycare I was paying to watch them while I worked. I missed them too much also. And they were having a hard time. My hours varied and they ended up in daycare for 9 up to 11 hrs. each day. I couldn't do it.
That's also been my case. I am glad that my mother can be counted on.
I worked nights at my hubby worked days so the children would not have to be at the day care for so long, I also went to school most of the time the children where growing up. The hardest part was when I was in the RN program, I was working full time nights, which was 12 shifts, going to school 4 days a week taking 18 units and had two children and a husband to take care of. Boy that was a very long year and the worst in my life.
Oh yeah I could even imagine how difficult it is.
It has been a long time since I have heard from you where have you been girlfriend? I am glad to see you back.
Been too busy with a lot of things. Glad you are still around.
@Debs_place (10525)
From the time my son was 9 weeks old, I worked. I got him up at 4:30 AM, fed him and got him set up for the day. I left for work at 5:45 and got there at 6 AM. My son's father took him to day care later on in the morning. I picked my son up from day care at about 3 PM and then we did things, I took him for walks and played with him etc. When he was 3 we moved, for a while he had an hour commute to his new day care center as we made the transition from one town to another, a new job and house. It was never easy, his father moved out when he was in 1st grade, by then he was into sports and he had soccer and hockey practice that I took him to after work, and swimming lessons on weekends. The life of a single mom is not easy.
That was really tough. True being a mother is very challenging...but compensating and rewarding as well.
@andak2007 (3229)
i resigned from my job last 25th of january this year..i had to quit because i have 2 small children and i was then 5 months pregnant with my 3rd kid...i had to quit because i could not handle the pressure anymore..going in and to my inlaws house to fetch and bring the kids there everyday...and the fact that its hard for me to work in my recent condition being pregnant and all...now i am a stay at home mother of 3 kids..its very hard since i do not have anyone to help me...i do all the chores in the house...mylot is like my only hobby.
In spite of, you made the right decision. The kids are still more important.
@Bobbysox (224)
Working mums have one of the hardest jobs that exists,they have so much to juggle with,the everyday struggles and strains of life,and the needs and wants of the family,its never ending,I know as ive been there and done it,and know hoe much of a balancing act it all is,the parents evenings,the school outings,the homework,the housework,the strains are never ending.
It's true. being a working mom is a very hard thing but it also has its share of rewards.
@chrysz (1603)
I have decided to work as tutor in the afternoon so that I would have the day to look after my child. It was effective at first but I tend to get busier with my job as more kids got my service. Ironically, I work as tutor but I can't even sit down for an hour to teach my gets because I get so upset when she can't follow what I was teaching.
Oh I see. Well, it happens sometimes. LOL. Thanks for posting.
@sizzle3000 (3039)
I worked outside the home for many years off and on. My mom babysat my daughter while I worked. My husband worked a 40 hour week in four days so when he was off I would work. I have also taken time off here and there to be with my daughter. My daughter is sixteen and has never been with a babysitter only her grandmom or daddy. It is hard when you have to work to make ends meet but quality time with your children is more important than quantity.
That is one thing that I make sure off, that I give my kids quality time whenever I have no work. And this is how I make up with them.
@butterfly39 (3907)
Being a mother is really hard. RAising kids? Very hard...you have to go home early, check his assignments, and everything. Before when they wre still young I stop working to concentrate more on them, but now I really have to work to support their needs and send them to school. NOw, Im doing mylot during my free time and next week I have another online job and I know it well help a lot.
I always look into that area as well, helping them out with their home works.
@sanell (2114)
it is so hard. I had been working as an independent agent and finaly I had to stop. Just the medical bills to pay for alone were causing me to have to stop. I did get a job with an employer and luckily so far we have child care and my hubby home up through the end of this year. But now we have to look at what is going to happen at the beginning of this coming year. We will not have a nanny necessarily but we will need to get someone I am hoping that i do well with selling while I am at work so we will see, I have to get on the floor first. I will do that in the next two weeks which I am really looking forward to. As long as I get the systems all straightened out i will be fine!
@asmurthy (2464)
I understand the working women's role in life. There are many ups and downs. The advantage is earning money. With the cost of living going up every day second income is welcome. The husband also should cooperate with wife in doing house hold chores and bring up children. he should also take responsibility to help his wife and children.
@jb_vete (323)
I'm not yet a parent but i applaud you for your efforts. I know that being a mother alone is not an easy task and yet you still are trying so hard to support your kids financially. You must be a fulfilled mom and congratulations for that.
Thanks for the compliment. I am working my way to become a fulfilled mom.
@shemah (841)
hi there.. When i found out i was pregnant for my first child, i immediately resigned because there was no way i'd work the graveyard shift while i was pregnant. I can't imagine my colleagues who get up at 2am to work at 4am while they're 7 months along. Kudos to them. However, after my son was already a year plus, i did try to work at a resort, recruiting new members for their club. It was only a part time job and i enjoyed it and they also paid weekly so that was pretty good too. But my mom couldn't cope taking care of my hyperactive son.. and i wasn't earning enough to hire a babysitter either... because my mom didn't trust the ones charging pretty cheap. So, basically right now, i'm a stay at home mom.. and myLotting when i get the time. :)
Well, I've been hired a few months ago. But now I had decided to start working at home again. My kids really need me. What's good is I also earn a good profit at home as an SEO manager. I had been maintaining sites for some clients and I do it virtually. It's something that I truly enjoy.
@KrisNY (7591)
I am a working mom- it's the only way we can afford the stuff we want- I work days when my daughter is in school- and in the summers- she is 10- I take alot of vacations in the summer to do fun things- I like to work- but I would also love to be able to stay home with her too! So it stinks and it doesn't- there are times when I want to stay home or go to a school function- and I'm not able because of deadlines at work-