Emily to stay

Natalia Livingston - Emily Quartermaine to stay.
@Trace86 (5034)
I was very happy to read this one on SoapCentral. http://www.soapcentral.com/gh/news/2007/0702-livingston.php Livingston Rejects "Sensationalist" Rumors, Re-Signs With GH Posted Friday, June 29, 2007 11:41:11 PM Natalia Livingston has blasted some Internet sites that have reported that she was fired by General Hospital. The actress, who picked up an Emmy in 2005, announced that she has re-sign with the ABC soap -- even though a popular magazine reports this week in its cover story that she has been axed. Emmy winner Natalia Livingston (Emily Quartermaine) has put to rest the revolving door rumors about her future with General Hospital. The actress, who was reported as having been fired from the ABC soap by some media outlets, reveals that she has inked a new contract and will be sticking around Port Charles for the foreseeable future. "GH and I started contract negotiations several months ago... Both wanting to work something out. We have finally come to a deal where both sides are happy," Livingston said in a statement. "With that said, I am, have been, and will always be incredibly grateful to GH for giving me such a wonderful job. I love and treasure every day on the show."Earlier in the month, some published reports indicated that the actress had inked a new contract with the ABC soap. Days later, some Internet sites reported that Livingston had been fired, complete with quotes from a spokesperson regarding her status. Even this week, the cover of a popular soap magazine declares that Livingston has been "Fired!"The controversy started when a statement from Livingston's fan club president was published. "I can confirm that Natalia is no longer under contract to GH," the fan club president wrote in an email addressed to fans. "Natalia had wanted to stay on the show and had been in contract negotiations for several months, but GH has not provided a reasonable offer, so Natalia is exploring other daytime opportunities."Livingston intimates that those statements were not only inaccurate, but they were fraudulent. "I have no doubt that my fans, friends and family at GH will easily distinguish between fact and fiction, reject sensationalist headlines, Internet blogsites, and know that if a statement didn't sounds like something I would say I simply did not say it," Livingston announced. Livingston joined the General Hospital cast in April 2003. In 2005 she earned the Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress.
@speedy1279 (2667)
Well I am glad the rumors are not true. I am even happier to hear that Natalie Livingston has signed a new contract with GH. She is my favorite character on General Hospital. If she ever quits or leaves. I don't know if I would ever watch it anymore. She plays the part so well. I just love her, she is awesome.
@Trace86 (5034)
I remember being so skeptical when Amber Tamblyn left. Natalia has brought so much more maturity to the role. I hope they give her a better story soon. Maybe in clearing her name from Jerry's set-up?
Thank you so much for the best response. Geez, that was 10 months ago. Are you clearing out all your unresolved discussions. LOL! I really need to do that also. Hehe.
@Trace86 (5034)
You totally guessed it Speedy! I am trying to get rid of any unresolved discussion with more than 2 responses. Not sure what to do with a few that have zero.
I am sooo glad she is staying, did it mention if she is going to go to the new soap Night Shifts, she would be perfect for it since she is a doctor.
@Trace86 (5034)
I had another previous post about that show. It should debut in about 2 weeks, July 12. http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1024399.aspx
I really miss that show! Too bad I can't watch it here in the UK. I still get the newsletter to keep me up to date.