something unique to where you live

@stacyv81 (5904)
Tell me something that is unique to the place you live, maybe an interesting fact not many people know, or something like that! =) Thanks for sharing!
@artemis432 (7474)
• Abernathy, Texas
I live on an Air Force base which is huge. It is also self contained. Commissary, department store, restaraunts, McDonalds, library, Post Office, gyms, thrift store, air field (where my husband works), fire station, etc. Even has its own nukes within the mountains. I'm not sure if people know these things or not. Tell us what's unusual or unique about where you live?
• Abernathy, Texas
It also has a mini mall, bowling alley and movie theatre.
@eshaan (6193)
The place where I live is called Jabalpur, an Indian city which is famous for marbles. It is very beautiful and many film producers come to shoot beautiful songs here for their films. If ever you come to India din't miss visiting this place.
@susieq223 (3742)
We have a state park near here that is called Ravine Gardens. It is one of the few deep ravines in Florida. There are a few hills here, also a rarity in Florida. One hill is so high it was used as a lookout for Union traffic on the nearby river during the Civil War. (Of as the Southerners call it "The War Between the States"
@tinamwhite (3255)
I live in Arkansas and it is one of the few states where a person can actually dig for a diamond....there have been some very large diamonds found here...the bigest one I can think of was approximately 56 karats....I would love to be able to find one of them...just for fun...LOL
@Savvynlady (3686)
Mobile, Alabama, where I live is the actual birthplace of Mardi Gras. For real, for sure and we have a celebration every year down here.
Something unique where I live...the only thing I can think of is my city sits on top of salt mines. They just got done making a tourist attraction out of them also where you take an elevator about 6000 feet underground. Haven't been yet, but my 13 yr old has.
@brendalee (6083)
Well, I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but my town claims to be the birthplace of Memorial Day. You can see my town's website here... http://www.waterloony.com/ Also, a town just a few minutes away, is where the first woman's rights convention was held... http://www.nps.gov/archive/wori/home.htm
@magica (3710)
• Bulgaria
The typical yellow paving-stones infront of the Parliament.And tne mineral terms.