How do you feel about holidays that land in the middle of the week?

@kgwat70 (13396)
Does it bother you that a holiday is in the middle of the week? It is a bummer to me that the 4th of July is in the middle of the week since I have to go to work for two days, have a day off, and then come back to work for two more days. i wish that all holidays landed on monday or friday so that I could have a long weekend without using vacation time. Does anyone else feel the same way? Do you take those extra days off if you have the vacation time available?
If you are working, I think holidays are nice. Any holiday any time is a welcome respite. If you get a long weekend, great. Otherwise if the holiday falls in the middle of the week, then at least you can look at it that the week is chopped into 2. So you have 2 short weeks instead of 1 long week. Still not that bad after all.:)
I don't like it too well in the middle of the week..with my job..it puts me off pace a bit..But..It is in the middle this week..and we just have to make the most of it..It makes my working days only 4 and with a sales position ..makes it more a challenge;) I don't get any extra days off. What about you..Ken..Do you intend to take a few days off?:)+
@kgwat70 (13396)
I will not be taking a few days off my friend since I will be going to North Carolina this upcoming weekend and will be gone all of next week. My coworker took thursday and friday off from work this week.
North Carolina...Wow..That is some distance from Delaware.. You be careful on your trip down to North Carolina, Ken;)+
@whyaskq (7532)
I do prefer a holiday to fall on Monday instead of in the middle of the week since I will have a long weekend. I always find Monday a boring day for work. However, a holiday is still a holiday. I just welcome it one any time of the week except Saturday as I do not get a free day off in lieu.
@whyaskq (7532)
Thanks for the best response :)
I don't like it when the holiday is in the middle of the week but I don't want to use my vacation days either,lol. I wish they would make all holidays on friday or monday,it would make it so much nicer,lol
@kgwat70 (13396)
I too wish all holidays were on mondays or fridays so that I could have long weekends. It will be nice having a day off during the week but it will throw me off.
@estherlou (5017)
Well, it affects us all different. I'm always off on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, so Monday holidays have no bearing on me. Having July 4 on Wednesday this year just gives me an extra day off! YIPPEE!
@Polly1 (12648)
Yes it is a bummer that the 4th is in the middle of the week. It does spoil the holiday festivities. I hope you enjoy your holiday....Happy 4th of July Ken.
Ironically 6 yrs after your post the Fourth of July happened to occur on a Wednesday this year 2012. Yeah, I think it's lousy timing too. Not that anyone can help what day it falls on but when fireworks end at 10pm and the kids have summer school the next day that can make for a long night and difficult morning. We skipped fireworks this year it was too hot being 100-107 and not a heap cooler during the evening.