Do you let someone else use your Credit Card

I used to have a credit card and when some of my relatives knew about it, they would come to me and ask for some favors by using it to purchase their goods. I had never allowed that but I knew some people do.
@senthil2k (1501)
I wont allow anyone to use My Credit Card. But I can help my friends or some one who is close to me to get them what they want, only if I have complete trust on them. Only for my spouse, I have an add-on card. With the increasing risk of the Credit card, I dont think its a wise decision for anyone to allow other to use their credit card. If others are very careless and the card number goes to the wrong hands, then the losses can be unbearable. So prevention is better than cure.
No I do not let anyone use my credit card. I have and do lend money. The people I lend money to have paid me back in work or in the cash. I feel it is fair. I feel if someone cannot afford to buy it and need to put it on your credit card then they do not need it. There is one person who I lend money to and she works for me. She then pays me back in working extra or in the cash. I do like the working extra because we can get help getting a lot of extra things done around the house.
I don't mind my family uses my credit card. My husband has a credit card, so he doesn't have to use mine. My parents seldom use it. And I always keep my credit card in my wallet, so it's not possible for them to use it. Besides, if they use it to buy something, it may not be possible. As the salesman has to identify the signature.
I belief in God. No way I can trust human being, no matter how good there are. Sometimes, the best people that you know is the worst person. How to relate all this with credit card then; well, just don't let anyone know the specific detail about your credit card, or your money will gone without a trace. Conclusion, don't allow someone else to use your credit card.
@tala91285 (1080)
My parents let my mom's sisters use their credit cards. They don't actually give my aunts the cards; my parents go shopping with them and buy the stuff that my aunts want/need using their credit cards. Then my aunts would pay them back when the billing comes ^_^
@lexus54 (3576)
I am not in favour of letting others buy their things using my credit card. I may allow it if that person is someone very close to me and I trust him/her. If the person who needs the favour is desperate, I may help out but I'd rather the person pay me in cash first before I go ahead with the purchase using my card. But I just wonder, if the person can afford to pay me, why does he/she need my card?
i woud never let someone else use my credit card unless they had the money right there in hand to give to me and just needed my card because it was an online thing or something. i think it is just asking for trouble otherwise. Even at that, it would have to be someone i am really close to. i wouldn't do that for just anyone...
@kyutstudph (1263)
I do have a credit card and I never allowed someone to use it. It is really hard this time to let someone even a relative allowing him/her to use it you can never know if they just want to use it and dont want to pay it at all. Just my opinion though.
@dpk262006 (56484)
No, I will not allow others to use my card.In case, the credit card is required to be used, I will go along with the person....they only, in my presence..I will allow it to be used.
@kudeshi (529)
No i don't think i would allow that unless it is someone whom i can trust like someone from my family or my best friends
I have a credit card I use for emergencies only. I could not borrow it to others because it contains my signature. But, if people want to borrow some money to me, then I would lend them money and they can pay me with the same amount at a mutually agreed date. However, I do not pressure the person who borrows me money to pay immediately when has no money to pay for me yet who is still looking for money/working so that he could pay me back.
@KissThis (3006)
I don't have any credit cards so I would have to say that I don't allow anyone to use my credit cards. I do however have a debit card that I can use like a credit card. I do allow some members of my family to use it if they need to as long as they give me the cash back. My one brother doesn't have a credit or debit card so when he wants to purchase something off of EBay he will give me the cash to put in to my account so that he can pay for his item.
@cefaz_21 (2597)
I have not experienced it so far but afriend of mine did and was very regretful about it. She let our other frind used her card in purchasing a new cellphone, she want to take advantage of the zero interest installment plan. But she only paid her the first month and was not able to remit paymmnet for the next succeeding months untill the amount incurred so many penalty charge. Now, they ended up not being friends anymore.
thats not a good idea, i seen people lose friend over that,
@byfaithonly (10716)
I would never let someone else use my credit card = I don't care who it is you never know what could happen and I have enough bills of my own I certainly can't pay someone else's too. I have a credit card but it is only used for emergancies and actually has been over a year since I used it - pay cash fewer problems that way.
@aprilgrl (4460)
No, I never let anyone use my credit card and as of right now I don't have it or use it since they are too much trouble because of more bills to pay but it's good to use of needed.
@charms88 (7541)
Definitely a big no. Provided that person is someone whom I can trust and will remember to pay back when the billing statement arrive. I did heard a lot of thick skinned people taking advantage of other's credit card. I detested these kind of people and will avoid associate with them.
@derek_a (10902)
I would let my wife use my credit card, but nobody else. :-)
@ElicBxn (60895)
My roomie will let me take her debit card to get things because she knows that I won't abuse the privilage. She would have NEVER let her previous roommate do that because she was untrustworthy. In fact, she knows of at least one occasion that that roommate took a 20 out of her wallet then denied it. We like the gal, but she can't be trusted with money.
@DanaMark (807)
We allowed our son to use our department store credit card years ago when he needed some clothes for school. We weren't able to go with him at the time. We trusted him, and he was very responsible with it. Other than that, I would not let anyone else use my credit card. My wife and I each have a credit card for all accounts, so I guess we use each others. But we have only one checking account which all the bills are paid out of, so we both have to be responsible or we would get into financial trouble.