Does your girlfriend or wife let you cook the meals?

@1qazxsw2 (512)
Singapore
My wife actually will ban me from the kitchen when she cooks... And when I suggested to do the cooking she will not let me... Today I managed to persuade her to let me cook a simple dessert for the family..and she was a bit surprised that it tasted good.. Of course I look forward to next weekend cooking after passing the test today..
@gr8life (6253)
Hello 1qazxsw2, I am like your wife. I ban my husband from entering the kitchen while I cook. I even ban him from helping me to cook as he will spoil everything including my mood. He always say that he knows how to cook but till now, the only things that I know he can cook are : to fry the egg and to cook the rice *sigh* But to tell you honestly, I don't like the 'cutting' session. I will ask my husband to go to the kitchen first and help me to cut the fish or the chicken while I watch my favorite korean soap opera. Once he finished, it is my turn to 'conquer' the kitchen *smile*
My husband and I will both cook, whoever has the most time and inspiration. I have learned a lot of new ideas from here on myLot, so we have eaten pretty well lately. I also only have one out of the house job in the summer and that is why I have more time. I try to get inventive with whatever we have, and not make food that I have to go buy something for. He will pick a recipe he wants to try, and will then go buy the stuff that we do not have to make it. I find then that I am a more frugal cook. He can clean a kitchen better than I can, but I still find that I am the one more bothered by the mess, and therefore the one who will clean it more often.And he makes bigger messes. I think that is why women ban their men from the kitchen.
I cook since my Girlfriend doesn't know how to but in time she will. I will teach her.
@shemah (841)
i do wish my husband will help me cook the meals.. but then again, he insists that i'll regret it for the rest of my life because he said he is utterly hopeless... so he makes it up for cleaning the dishes instead.. :)
@kprabhu (439)
Friend! you are lucky but for me she forced me to cook and washing every of my dresses at the week end!what a do!she always want me to cook because my preparation is better than her- she says! the same dialouge for washing a cloth!
@matte5 (1913)
• Sweden
Yes my wife let mee do all the cooking in ouer huseand thats beacuse I work as cheef and then she will not make the cooking. And I hope you will make a lot more cooking so you can suorise her with a nice meal.
@sacrg793 (429)
i think i'd like to do the cook myself and don't let her do the job if i really like her, it's fun to help her do some little chores and household things. in fact, in china there are more and more families, the husbands take care of the households chores and responsibilitis of taking care of childs.
@butterfly39 (3907)
Since, I am working so my husband will do the cooking for dinner and breakfast is mine.
i do all the cooking,but am teaching my wife to because she was never taught as a child to do it,but she prefers me to do it all the time