SCAM!!!Beware Don't Be One Of The Victim...

When i open my yahoo email account this morning i was surprised that i have a lot of unread emails in my inbox.I was surprised when i opened one by one and it is all a letter about me winning in lotto by choosing my email account. Some are letters asking for help to exchange their funds to my bank accounts.And yahoo site telling that i have won $500.That is so disgusting!!! Beware and don't ever let them scam you!!!
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I got this same email awhile back. It looks like they are doing it to everyone. I don't think yahoo is doing it but someone is using yahoo's name to try and rip people off. It's just sad the people who fall for this scam.
@im_tiggs (144)
Yahoo did not put that email out, spammers did and it is not the first time and wont be the last. Yahoo will NEVER ask you for your birthday, because that is part of the security feature when you register. So as soon as you see lottery- and birthday, that sould send a red flag! Also, yahoo will never have any hidden charges with their premium services or anything that they offer. Sometimes you hear of things that yahoo has done, like send out light bulbs, or shopping bags, or subscriptions to magazines, they do not just do that, YOU MUST go to their website and fill i information and even at they that will not ask for bank information. Here is a free program that you can use to make sure that the mail you are getting is authentic. I found this to be EXCELLENT!!! when i recived a spam message such as one that you are describing-- The Yahoo icon did NOT show up, and sure enought it was spam! Give it a try http://www.iconix.com I LOVE IT. It helps determine if the mail is authentic or not, it's worth a look-see anyway1
@im_tiggs (144)
I trust Yahoo! I have had an account for over 10 yrs = so I am rather familiar with what is garbage and what is true. The same goes for Paypal. That is a trusted site as well. "when in doubt- throw it out" (mark it spam) lol I hope this helps you to feel a little more comfortable with yahoo mail and east apprehension. If you look at the return address- there is none- ONCE AGAIN- YAHOO DID NOT SEND OUT THAT EMAIL!