Notification OFF anyone?

@sandwedge (1341)
Malaysia
My notification is always OFF since the first day (except for that 24hours where i was taking wager) on everyone. but recently i realize if someone were to message me, there is no option where the person doing the messaging gets a return message saying that my notification if off. so people might think that i do not want to reply. and they'd be angry wouldn't they? should we turn on our notification on of leave it off. what do you do?
I had turned all notification off because I have added so many friends. What I had been doing from time to time is check on their profile so that I could answer and participate in their discussions. If I will turn my notification on, My email would be overflowing with a lot of it.
@sandwedge (1341)
out of curiosity, what are the contents of those email overflowing your mailbox? is it hate mail, praise or "please answer my post" or what? i am really curious.
you will only be notified if they had started a discussion. Nothing evil there.
@sandwedge (1341)
thank God.
@miamilady (4924)
I keep mine off. I don't have time to sort through tons of e-mail notifications. When I come into mylot I usually read the responses to my discussions first. If there is a question, I try to answer it. I reply to some of the responses if I am compelled to do so. Then I will start responding to other people's discussion. Before I came to mylot I went into another message board forum and had notifications for certain messages boards. It got to the point where I was spending to much time going through the e-mails and reading discussions that really were not helpfull to me. I think it's okay to keep the notification off. If someone sends you a private message, you will see it when you log on to mylot.
@miamilady (4924)
sandwedge..i went back up and read the responses from others and your comments. I think you misunderstand the purpose of notifications. My understanding is that notifications simply notify you when a friend has posted a new discussion, or if someone has posted a response to one of your discussions. Notification is not a form of private messaging. You can send a private message without having notification set to on. That is something different. If someone sends you a private message a number will show up at the top of your mylot page next to the words "messages". That is how many private messages you have waiting.
@sandwedge (1341)
aha! you are right. so messages are totally different thing. dang and i though i am computer literate. either that or mylot need a little user friendliness to their interface. thanks miamilady!