Best Response: Do they matter 2 u? Giving or receiving them ????

Saudi Arabia
Do you care to award ur participants with a BEST RESPONSE? What is ur criteria? Does it make a difference if that person is among your friend's list?? Now on the other hand; Do you like receiving Best Response?? and why ??????? as for me: GIVING THEM: Yes I like 2 award one of my participants with a best ressponse, when someone put an effort in a discussion you've initiated, this is a way of showing appreciation. I have always cared 2 give Best Response based on two facts: FIRST she/he answered my post to the point SECOND Quality of the response (I mean when I feel he put true effort and cared 2 answer in the best way he can). Now, does it make a difference if he's on my friend's list ? No, honestly let me say this: I'd prefer to award best response 2 people who are on my friend's list but if someone else deserved it, I'd give it to him. RECEIVING THEM: When I participate in a discussion I always do because of two reasons, FIRST: the topic is of my interest SECOND: if the person who initiated the discussion is one of my myLot friends even if the topic doesn't belong 2 my area of interest. Receiving best response has been never the reason behind any participation that I made but I can't deny I like and appreciate receiving it, coz it shows me that my response was helpful to the person iniated the discussion or at least he/she liked my answer. What about you ????
Thank you for the invitation my dear friend. And mine STILL stands, get un-tangled willya?!! heh heh GIVING THEM: Oh yes, I do like giving BR's to those who participate in my discussions. Everyone likes to be flattered and rewarded. And if that's not enough, I give them a (+) in adition too. Those who respond didn't have to respond and no one pulled them by the hair 2 do so. They did it out of their own free will. THAT cannot go un-noticed. They did something nice for me, the least I can do is return it in the best way I can. criteria: they have 2 @ least make an effort to be descriptive & their response, sometimes maybe "illogical" has to @ least, hit a nerve and makes me say "oh wow that's cool" or "that was smart"! RECEIVING THEM: I really do care about recieveing them, as anyone does. But i won't cry about it if i didn't. What I learned from life is not WAIT to recieve awards. Just get them with a SHOCK!! and smile :D WHEN I GIVE THEM: I always give out my best responses every 7days since I start my discussions. No more than that... :)
i 4got 2 add, no... those whos get it, don't have to be on my list. I try to be fair as much as i can.
@Anniedup (3652)
• Richards Bay, South Africa
To tell you the truth I loathe them, it puts me under enormous stress! Sometimes it is so difficult to choose between my friends who in my eyes are the most loyal friends I have ever had. And they are always putting a lot of effort into their responses to me, which makes it very hard for me to choose who is going to get a best response. I rate all of my friends positive + then I try to choose and be as fair as possible. I have never, just like you started a discussion to get a best response, I am just so excited and pleased to see my friends responding to my discussions, and I think I am going to stop giving out best responses, that way I don't have to torment myself every time.
• Saudi Arabia
Hi my dear Annie Allow me 2 say: It shouldn't be torture. U mustn't stop giving them coz best response especially from people like yourself, I and the rest of ur friends have always considered it an honor. I mean, I give best response 2 others coz i see it a way of appreciation. There should be No hard feelings or what so ever, for instance, you could and u r in my point of view a very very smart lady you can figure from a response whether that person had put true effort and cared 2 give you an insightful response in the best way she/he can or not, regardless whether he's close or not and based on that you give the vote. Thank you very very very much for responding 2 this discussion...
@magikrose (5424)
for me I try to get best response every time Irespond to a discussion but if I dont it is not a big deal. I make it a point to read the response that did get best response and then Isee and understand why that person got bestresponse and I am fine with it. As far as me giving best response in my discussions I give it mainly to the person who gave the most insitefull and detailed response. I have given best response to a few that had short responses but they were to the point and honest.
• Saudi Arabia
I agree with you. The quality of a response is the main thing here. Thank you very much for your participation.
• Saudi Arabia
Hi Deadraven, how r u.. For me I care about giving others best responses.. what matters to me is quality, reasonable and honest responses... It doesn't really matter if they were my friends or not as long as they provide the above... sometimes I give best response to people who are extremely the opposite of my beliefs as long as they tell me they are with respect... When I get best response I honestly feel excited because the person who started the discussion liked my response and felt that I deserve it.. I once got the best response for being the only one who responded ;p it also felt good because this person appreciated my participation...
• Saudi Arabia
I do respect that you give best response 2 people whose opinions might be opposite to yours. Thank you for the response...
• Saudi Arabia
And i'm fine, hope u doing well 2 (answering your how r u in the beginning) :D
• Saudi Arabia
But maybe I'd suggest, (this is only a suggestion) I may suggest, you give sufficient time before selecting your best response because if you selected it within one or two-day period, that wouldn't give u the chance 2 collect enough responses, read them, hence select the best one based on that. It is a humble suggestion only, ur majesty :D
@apsara60 (6612)
• Israel
Hi again, If you ask me, I never expect any best answers, but to my surprise when ever I logg into my best answers, I always find some there. so I immedately thank the person who appreciated my reply and honoured me by giving best answer mark. About my giving people best answers.......I am still waiting , it happened with me that after I gave away best answers mark, someone else gave a better answer. I have not started many discussions so I think soon I will check them and give our the best. Who ever touches my heart gets the best........lol
• Saudi Arabia
Hi there, i am glad seeing you again here. Regarding giving the best response I guess you can't be hasty u r right, but u can't wait 4ever, so if you put a criteria there, let's say you wait for a week before giving the best response and at the same time, you await until a sufficient number of responses is reached, it doesn't have 2 be 20 or 50, let us say 5 or 6 something like that. Again thank you very much for your valuable participation and looking forward 2 receive more responses from your side.
@apsara60 (6612)
• Israel
Yeah you are right, I cannot wait for ever........lol...so I think I better do some action now........It is my pleasure to response to good discussions so you need not say thank you. Have a nice day.
@vega83 (6346)
• Bahrain
Best responses mean a lot to everyone in my lot, of that I'm sure. It always feels good receiving them. However, I still respond to discussions that have already had their best responses chosen, because like you, the main thing for me is that the discussion I'm responding to is of interest to me. If I get it then it's great, and I really appreciate it, if not, then obviously someone else deserved it more than me. It's always just a bonus, and I've heard it also boosts the earnings so that makes it even better. I always give out best responses for all my discussions, I don't like unresolved discussions, and I find myself giving out best responses to people who come back and comment on their original responses. It becomes more of a discussion and a conversation then, and so I find myself giving preference to those. Or if someone makes a really good point, whether it's in many words or a few. They don't always have to be in my friend's list to get a best response from me. Although I've been making friends with everyone who's been responding to me, anyway.
• Saudi Arabia
You are absolutely right. Generally speaking, I'd give myself some time before I select the best response but in the end I guess it is a must for me 2 select one. I like 2 receive them as well, can't deny that. Thanks a lot for your participation, I appreciate it ....
@vega83 (6346)
• Bahrain
you're welcome.
@maiax2k6 (535)
i was first surprised to get best responses and from then on, i always check on some new ones to come up. unfortunatelym not so many really care to mark for best response, coz it can be tedious at times going back and check on your discussions. but it does really get to be exciting to see mine's been chosen especially from among a number of good responses. it just signifies that you have a good contribution made, it was appreciated, and that somehow you had helped the person in his/her questions. so as much as i can, i mark for good ones too.
@maiax2k6 (535)
my criteria is of course, the significance of the answer to the question, its content, the composition, the effort being made in answering the question and some humor to make me smile.
• Saudi Arabia
U r right, the feeling that ur contribution 2 others meant something is real cool, thanx 4 the response..
@Tetchie (2933)
Oh yes, I like to receive them. I also put thought into who should receive them too. On numerous occasions best response was not given to a 'friend.' It is hard sometimes, especially when you have allot of responses to your post - means you have to go through heaps of them to chose a best response. But more often than not it's because their post jumps out. I sometimes give it as an encouragement too. But I do like to receive them, hopefully it's because I've actually given a good response to someones post.
• Saudi Arabia
Hi there, I am glad you commented on this one. I do agree with you, I like giving and receiving them. It is difficult sometimes when you get more than one good response. The encouragement factor plays a role 2 as you said. But you know, when you receive it, you also feel happy coz u feel your contribution was helpful 2 someone. Thank you very much for your valuable response.
I have some discussions where I marked someone's answer with the Best Response but as time goes by, I had noticed that so many are capable of giving replies that are equally impressive. How can I chose from those replies. I will just leave it unmark so that I will be fair to all.
• Saudi Arabia
Hi there Queen Hermie, thank you for showing up here. I do agree with you that so often you'd find more than one person deserving the best response vote. But we always try our best to make a fair judgment, giving best response is a way of appreciation and who doesn't like to be appreciated? Again, thank you very much for responding to my recent posts...
@bambi_doe (566)
I give a best response to the one I think has helped me decide what is right and what is wrong in a post. I also like receiving them, that means that I have helped solve their issue. I never really look to see if the person is on my friends list before responding to a post or marking it the best response. At first I did not know you could do that and so I would send out a thank you until someone told me that I could do it and so now I do it because it is a special thank you for the help. hugs
• Saudi Arabia
Thank you bambi for your participation and looking 4ward 2 hear more from u, u right it is a way of saying thank u. hugz.....
@cefaz_21 (2597)
yes, for em they matter a lot, I do love to receive Best response, It's like getting an award so I am motivated more when I get it but not getting it is also fine because I am do aware that there are lot's of active and good members here too. in giving them; I just choose really the best response to that discussions, sometimes I choose a friend sometimes I give it to soemone who is not on my friends list..if they deserve the credit then I'll give it tothem.
• Saudi Arabia
You are absolutely right, I fully agree with you. Thank you 4 the response..