MyLotters, do you ever shoot off or just watch fireworks?

MyLotters, do you ever shoot off or just watch fir - In the USA, we have a tradition of going to see fireworks being displayed on July 4th, our Independence Day, and on December 31st, New Year's Eve. Fireworks are shot after some ballgames, and people even shoot them in their yards.

I have done all of the above, even on the beach. 
What about you? Do you ever shoot and/or watch fireworks?
In the USA, we have a tradition of going to see fireworks being displayed on July 4th, our Independence Day, and on December 31st, New Year's Eve. Fireworks are shot after some ballgames, and people even shoot them in their yards. I have done all of the above, even on the beach. What about you? Do you ever shoot and/or watch fireworks?
Well our family usually goes out and buys alot of fireworks and we take turns lighting them. By the way never let idiotic people light them..they are bound to fall over and hit your best friends mom in the head causing a temporary bald spot.lol.
@deebomb (15347)
Hello RayRay Is that what happened to you. did her hair come back. Or Did she refuse to let her daughter be your friend any more? Lee's Grandma
LOL Yeah, we're still friends, neighbors actually. But her mom won't come out to watch fireworks anymore. haha.
....haha and no I didn't do it, my cousin did.
Actually, I don't get into the whole firework thingy any more;) I like to take the day off and do things like catch up with some housecleaning..Go for a drive or treat myself to a nice meal. I think some of our holidays are becoming too commercialized..making it all about selling and buying..+
@KrisNY (7609)
Yes we go to the fireworks every year- Over the 4th of July holiday we see them on several nights- Our first being tonight- We go to my cousins and have a huge BBQ and then fireworks- Tomorrow we will watch them on the local Lake while sipping drinks- Friday is a family day at a park with lots of fun things to do and ending the night a fireworks show- and even Saturday this year- another town near us is putting on their fireworks show- so starting tonight until Saturday night- we will be celebrating the 4th!
Sounds like fun. Have a happy & safe 4th everyone!!!
@gmakesmoney (2923)
I think I'm the only person in AL who hasn't shot off fireworks in her yard! I like my limbs and really, really, really don't want to loose one and given that I'm a natural clutz.... well I don't think me and fireworks were made to mix. I do love watching them though, I've always been lucky enough that no matter where I live I always seem to get a great view of them. Growning up I used to go to the Boston Pops, so pretty! Not sure if we're having any fireworks in my town this yr, we're having a bad drought and a lot's been cancelled.
@bambi_doe (566)
I have done it all but my favorate thing to do is go to the cascades park here in my home town and watch the display there at the falls. We have a big celebration 3 times a year at the falls and I go every time. We have the colored falls which is known world wide ( as they say) which flashes to the programed music system along with the water which spouts water to the programed music and at dusk after the bbq chicken dinner and crat shows and kids rides and games they shoot off the first fanaily to get things started. Half way into the program another fanaily and then the grand falaily with the fireworks coming from all over the park. The park is four miles by four miles long with bike pathes walking pathes woods a golf course paddle boats ponds 8 playgrounds a mini golf course sledding hill and 3 pavillions it is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy at all four seasons. hugs and Happy Fourth Of July
Happy Fourth of July to everyone!!!
@hoghoney (3749)
My family we go and watch them and then when we get home we light some off. But where we live at we can light fireworks off for a week up to the 4th and then after that we cant light anymore. The best way to watch fireworks is to wear a pair of 3-D glasses, it is so cool that way. Hugs!
@kgwat70 (13398)
I only watch fireworks since it is illegal here to buy and shoot off fireworks. Many people and families shoot off fireworks here but it is against the law plus it is very dangerous so it is better to go watch professionals do it than amateurs. Even sparklers are extremely dangerous from what I heard on the news today and lots of people have gotten hurt or killed by shooting fireworks. When I was younger, my parents would get sparklers but no fireworks.
@DanaMark (807)
We shoot off some of our own fireworks and watch a community display. My son and his family are coming over for dinner. Then we will shoot some off for the grandsons. Then our community display is just to the northwest of us. We walk about two blocks with lawn chairs and can sit and watch them.
@gizmo528 (732)
We watch them and shoot them off. I love fireworks but I'm not find of the sparklers. We shoot them off in our yard or at my parent's house. We usually go and watch them wherever someone is shooting them off for the holiday. We saw some last night at a campground nearby and today we'll go and see some more at a nearby town tonight. Happy 4th of July!!!
@orbeltadz (506)
• Baguio, Philippines
Just watch and admire the colorful it brings to the sky. There are main events here in our town aside from New Year's Day which showcase all the styles in fireworks.
@destroyer (785)
• Pakistan
I think the tradition of celebrating independence day with fireworks is a common thing worldwide. Here in Pakistan we celebrate independence day on 14th of August and in the night there is a grand display of fireworks in the country's capital Islamabad and Karachi (the largest city of the country). People from all over the country come to witness the tremendous display of firework and take part in the festivities. There's also a Muslim festival called "Eid" where people shoot them in their yards, in the streets, absolutely everywhere in the city. I have also taken part in Fireworks when i was in college but since than i havent got the time to do so :(
@vonn1378 (706)
I love watching fireworks but I don't tried to shoot. Because way back then I had a not so good experience of shooting fireworks. From then on I refrain from it and all I just want to is watch it.
@bballpro (79)
I've shot fireworks one year...but usually I just watch fireworks.
@jazzygdc7 (285)
On the fourth of July, I always watch the fireworks display on TV, see them in person but I do not set them off. I always see the Macy's fireworks spetacular of fireworks, located in New York City. It is the best show this country has as far to my knowledge. I see the fireworks in person when my neighbors set them off and sometimes I go to shows to see them. My neighbor used to set them off but he doesn't do that anymore. When he set them off, i always watched him.
@Willowlady (10666)
In Ohio, it is against the law to shoot off firewords. If you find a place the sells them they make you sign a paper that says you will take them out of the state. Being dry this year, I am concerned about folks disobeying and causing a bad situation. We can enjoy them at a local park this year since we are living in the city now. They are sponsored and the firemen are standing reading in case these volative things go awry. Good luck being safe and seeing wondrous displays.
@totty1969 (1474)
I like to see the fire works. We go to the beach and watch as they go off over the water. It is so cool! When I was a kid we would get fire works and blow them off. Where I live now the fire works are really cheap, no big bang. It's better for the professionals do it, thse are the best anyway.
I used to watch fireworks til we moved down here to florida. it's too hot to really enjoy them . when we move back to florida ,i am sure to watch them again.I have never shot any off-too dangerous and in most states illegal
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I like to watch the fireworks but I don't care about shooting them.
@aprilgrl (4460)
I have done both. I bought some fire works along time ago as I remember my uncle wanted to pay half of it so we bought them together and we had a blast using the fire works. Some worked and some didn't so we were very careful using it. As the times has gone by and look back at what I had bought years ago it was used up pretty fast and did spend alot of money but now I don't think I want to spend that much maybe it's because I was married at eh time but now have responsiblities. I can go out in my front yard to see the fireworks from the River front park I don't live too far from downtown. I feel safer. Happy fourth.
@mummymo (23709)
I am afraid that I really dislike fireworks getting set off and don't think they should be available to the public! I do think fireworks are beautiful but they are also dangerous and should be restricted to people who are trained in using them! I am not trying to be a stick in the mud - I have good reason - here is the story! When my nephew was a baby he had a very strict bedtime but on bonfire night my brother and sister knew he wouldn't be able to sleep for the noise of the fireworks and took him out for a nice long walk instead! It was past the time he was asleep in his cot every night when a neighbours firework veered off course and burst through his bedroom windo - it then landed right in his cot setting fire first to it and in turn to the whole room and indeed the house! It staggers me every time I think that but for chance my nephew would have been very seriously burnt if not killed by that stray firework that would maybe have given a handful of people a few minutes pleasure! Would it have been worth it? The answer is obvious as is the reason for me hating fireworks in the hands of the untrained and inexperienced! xxx