Would you relocate for love

I dont mean simple home change. I mean migrating to another country for love. One of my friends will be going to a country where she knows no one. Its her first time to travel outside the country but it seems she has no doubts about it. She will travel because her husband to be is a foreigner. She will be living away from her loved ones and friends. If you are in this kind of situation, would you be willing to relocate for love?
@PunkyMcPunk (1477)
Yes I would. In fact I am in the middle of the process. I live in Canada and my guy lives in the USA. I am going to move to New Hampshire from Ontario (about 5 hours away or 297 miles). We want to do this all legal and I want to retain my Canadian citizenship because I am Canadian and very proud of it. But it is going to take us probably 2 years more at the least to get everything done properly. I am visiting him at least once a montha nd I have made some friends over there. So I won't be going to a compeltely new place. In fact it feels so much like the part of Ontario that I live in that you could mistake them for the same place aside from the flags that are flying lol).
My wife is a Filipina and she left the Philippines where she was a nanny most of her life for wealthy people and wnt to Japan..for aabout 20 times more salary, then after we married in tokyo (i am us citizen)she came with me to the United States..when people ask her why she is in the US she always says that is where my husband is...but love is part of the scheme plus opportunity. She has been back to the Philippines a couple of times but does not stay long as she gets verty sick..she is not used to the environmment..it happens to somep eople who go back to their native country..22 years is a long time to live away from anywhere..People may move for love but usually stay for children, opportunities, and a better environment. My wife says even the Philippines is getting too expensive!
sorry, made a mistake..not 20 times the salary..increase going to japan..10 times..she made $ 7.50 a week in PI but in Japan her pay was % 75.00 a week in Japan..plus she could babysit on weekends. Her foreign bosses in Washing DC paid her $360.00 a week plus overtime and roam and board..plus she traveled a lot first class witht he baby...but she started in 1979 in Japan so I am sure the wages must be more now...my asawa has always worked..except now we are retired
@webbuff (926)
it depends. but if it will benefit me and the relationship as well i dont find it difficult to come up with an answer.
I did relocate for love. I am from Alaska and I moved to Scotland to be with my hubby. We were married in Alaska and a few months after I moved over to the UK. It is hard leaving everything and everyone you know behind you, not knowing when you will see them again. If you truly love someone, you follow them, you go with them. I was in Scotland for 4 years before I got to see my brother again. He came over for a visit. He now comes back every 2 years. We can't afford to go back to the States for visits. It is not easy at times not knowing anyone here. I've been here going on 6 years, and I still don't have any friends here. What country is your friend moving to? One of the biggest things that I noticed was that we in the States have a very convenient society and they don't in the UK. You tend to miss the little things, food you grew up with. I wish your friend luck, and happiness. I do not regret moving here to be with my hubby. Your friend will be fine. Just remember to keep in touch with her. That is one thing that I noticed, all friends back home forget you after a couple of years. They stop writing, they stop calling. That really bothers you when you are so far from home.
@aj2006 (1536)
when it comes to the matter of the heart, we can do something that is unbelievable to ourselves.. If I'm going to experience that kind of relationship, I will definitely agree to relocate to be able to be with the one I love... :0)
@Gwapako_28 (2142)
I have been in that situation before and i am so excited to relocate just for love.But unfortunately,it was a failure and it comes to an end where everything changed and didnt come up with the plans we have.I know,its hard to be away from your loveones(family),friends and the place where you call home.And i guess,it is normal that sometimes,you need to decide and sacrifice just for love.
@EvanHunter (4028)
well i have relocated a pretty good distance two times for love and sadly it didnt work out either time. In any relationship you always have to remember to be true to yourself and dont do anything you dont want to do for someone else because you will usually end up being bitter over it later.
@lucky_witch (2711)
Yes if I should live in Pluto with my husband and kids then why not...I guess there are lots of ways to connect with my loved ones here in the Philippines, And also I can still visit them once in a while. My auntie sis like that, she's living with her husband in the United States but we never loose communication with her. Also my parents is staying in the province, while me and my daughter is staying far away from them. WE call each other once in a while, text each other everyday...and I visit them once in a while... I dont see any problem with that. As long as you keep in touch. I am also far away from my friends..and the last time I saw them I guess was 6 years ago, we chat for some times, thats the way of our communication. I enjoy staying at home in front of this computer, making money and making new friends. I guess the people that I cant leave without...are my kids. Because I know they are too young and need a mother by their side. I cant leave them... But If they can come with me and my husband then i have nothing to be worry about. I can live anywhere in the world.
@jade1986 (567)
Nope...I am not ready for this. Before even thinking about this, i will think about all possible solutions. If nothing helps then i would prefer to tell her to leave her job or and search for one here. I can not go to another country, rather if necessary my girlfriend can relocate, i'll keep her safe.
@ofn2007 (121)
• Greece
Hi hersmart4ever, I would say yes,but the problem is she has a husband. i do believe it is so complicated issue.
@AKKRUMP (18)
I absolutely would be willing to. Im planning on moving from california to texas to go live. That's where my girlfriend lives.I hav never seen her face to face but we've ben talking a long time and she's definately worth it
@pendragon (3352)
My gf did, I have tried lots of different things to make her feel at home,she moved nearly 2,000 on her own to be here with me, same country, but long haul.I'm glad I lived in a place she wanted to be.
@zipman191 (381)
• Israel
yea if its a true love so why not...
@rosie_123 (6118)
Tell your friend she will be fine! My partner did it for me. He moved across to the other side of the world to my home in the UK to be with me, and everything worked out fine. As long as the two people involved have love, and respect for each other, and the patience to help each other through the early stages of readjustment, then I have never seen problems with this sort of relationship. At the time, the reason he moved and not me, was pure economic - hee could earn more money in the UK than he could back home in South America, but when he retires we will probaly end up living back there, so I will be the one relocating, and I'm not scared at all!
i did this many years ago and have never ever regreted it not that my marriage worked it didnt but i do still love my new country it means everything to me and i would never leave it !
@happymom1 (1179)
Yes i am migrating and travel to marry my husband here in US. He dont want to live in my country because his scared of abusayaff. We love each other and got married after i came here in US.
@derek_a (10902)
I wouldn't like to have to leave my home country, but yes I would if it meant that I could be with my wife. My wife has relocated for me. Her home town is about 220 miles away from where we now live. This is where my business is and has always been, and she has never complained about living here with me, and she even has her job here. If necessary I would do the same for her :-)
Love is the strongest thing in the world and with love many things can be accomplished..For love I would cross the ocean and even leave the universe. I don't think love though should be restricted to the physical understanding of love but also the spiritual understanding of love. I think I try to do all things I do for love..but not for love of someone person here on earth..but for the love of God who gave me life;)+
@mummymo (23707)
I have done it before! When I was still married to my ex-husband and my son was still a tiny baby he was offered a good job in another country and we all moved! I loved the country and settled well but when my marriage ended I returned home to be with my family! So I think the answer is yes I would relocate for love! xxx
@lkbooi (16101)
Definitely I will be willing to migrate to a foreign country for love. Firstly I can’t desert my husband to be and secondly I like to venture and experience new life in another country.