What Do You 'Know' or Believe---for Sure?

In a a world of rapidly changing ideas and ideals I wondered what beliefs anchor you? Do you have mental/emotional safeguards that are your 'for sures' in life? Is it family, friends, religion, faith in people? Perhaps you have developed enough confidence in your own abilities to meet life's challenges head on? Or have you overcome enough already that you know no matter what happens...you will be all right? Could it be all of the above? Something else?
@Lakota12 (42684)
I have been through enough in my life I think I can handle what ever comes my way. Have endured this long so guess I will make it longersometimes with the help of my family and friend
With the openness within your discussions and responses I would say you absolutely have shown that you have enough strenth and self-determination to handle whatever comes your way...with the help of family and friends. That is so true Lakota12, how would we make it through without them. I hope we never have to find out. Take care, thanks for contributing again.
@Lakota12 (42684)
your welcome!
As I have said before...I welcome you input!
@miamilady (4924)
I "know" I love my kids. I "know" I will love them always no matter what. I believe in God. I believe in humanity. I know everyone is different. I believe it is wrong to be judgemental. I know that my pet peeve about judgemental people is somewhat hypocritical. I'm judging them for being judgemental. I believe most people do the best they can with the circumstances they have been put in. I know life can suck. I know life can be great. I know we have to take the good with the bad and try to make the best of things. I love your screen name, by the way.
Thanks for asking me to be included in your friends list...DONE! I did a quick check on your site and can tell we already have a lot in common and appreciate your acknowlegement of my screen name. I an a free lance writer and one of my companies is called Perspectives On Healthy Living...so it seemed like the right choice. Now on to your response to the disssion. I love it...and many of your 'for sures' were what I was going to put down. I decided not to because I wanted to let others share their views...then add mine accordingly. Your absolutely honoring statement about 'believing people do the best they can with the circustances they are in' resonates strongly with my beleif systems too. I know you probably believe this too but I will say it anyway....'all change begins with awareness.' Until people have that..and are given some new skills to work with...they do keep doing what they know. Looking at life through that viewfinder explains why you have a hard time with judgemental people. Me too! Your comments made my world feel like a warmer, fuzzier place this evening. Great to know you are out there...and I will add some responses to your site. You have some interesting talking points. Great sharing!