Why do most women were make-up

I am not into the "make-up" thing but I must admit that I paint my face, too, whenever I have to participate in any engagement. It seems like it is a must when you have to go to parties, perform on stage, come to a job interview, etc. I am sure make up is not just about hiding something as some people overdo them. There must be other reasons why women, and sometimes even men, use make-up. As for me, I use it just to enhance some features I have. Nothing more.
Well, most women wear makeup to enhance features or to cover flaws. Personally, i wear makeup becuase i feel it is a form of expression. It is an art. If you get to know me REALLY well, you can start to tell how my mood is depending on how i have my makeup applied.
yup i agree it's like a different form of art and a great way of expressing yourself. some like their faces all bright and colorful, some with the gothic or emo look, some with the barely-there make up look. make up is great too for hiding flaws, it's amazing what concealers can do to pimples and stuff.
everybody that i know wheres some make-up of some sort...i even know boys that will where it to get attention towards themselves... most women wear it becasue it will make men attracted to them more...and will give the men the impression that thats what they look like. they may use it to cover up something on their body, eg, bruises, scars or anything else they do not want to show to others. i just think it's stupid..makes people look like dolls...and also makes them something esle..
I feel make-up is an important aspect of our habitual life..As to womens,they wear make-up only to look smart .I do sometimes make-up but not only for smartness, it makes a person satisfied that he/she is well dressed and looks like a mannered person.SO,i can say satisfaction as the reason to wear make-up,as it makes our day beautiful.
@golfproo (1841)
Good question. I am not sure why women wear makeup, but I know I personally much prefer the natural look. Women have a natural bequty and do not need all that stuff to make themselves look any better. They look great just the way they are. cheers,
@anvu2ain (18)
Well, the only reason that I can think of is that they want to be presentable in public
@djbtol (5500)
I believe that once you start to do makeup, you come to believe that you need it to look your best, and then it becomes habit. My wife puts on makeup every day and doesn't ever want to go out until she does. I guess there is enough benefit to her to keep doing it.
@mummymo (23709)
I must admit my friend that I very rarely wear make up these days but when I was younger I would very rarely leave the house without it! I think it made me feel more confident - I would highlight my good features and play down the bad ones! Maybe nowadays I am more comfortable in my own skin and that is why I don't bother with it much! xxx
I concur with mummymo. I think as we mature a bit we become more comfortable in our skin. Young girls are expected by society rules to wear makeup. It is our role as parents to teach them to use it tastefully. To show them more is not better. If you look back in history you will see how society dictates how women wear makeup. Cleopatra wore so much makeup, we really don't know what she looked like. When I was a teen in the 70's it was the more blue or maybe green eyeshadow the better, Oh and we just had to have a lot of flavored lip gloss. It is society,peer pressure and self-esteem in my opinion.
it depends..when i met my wife in Tokyo she used a lot of makeup..and i did not ever tell her but she did not have to..her friends all did so she followed their example..that was 22 years ago..soon after we got married she stopped wearing any make up but she does touch up her hairLOL..but she was a AVON salesperson at one time..but she don't wear very much makeup and I think she always looks good to me..but I have never discussed this with her..I don't want to put something in her head..lol also I stopped wearing after shave or cologne as she always complained that she was allergic and she has tons of perfume from all over the world but she never uses this too..but she does like jewelery..real Gold and real Diamonds..not Zircona.faux pearls or fake plastic floweres..lol.she wants the real thing when it come to these..but I did tell her she was a natural beauty sooooo
@dpk262006 (56115)
I think everyone wish to look smart, eveyone wants to draw others' attention, everyone want to be recgonised etc. these are the some important reasons, which compel women to use make-up. If it enhances your beauty and you can draw attention of others, if you are in make-up, I think, nothing wrong in that. Excess of everything is bad, I believe. Best of Luck! I hope you look more beautiful in your make-up.
@lani0529 (1726)
Hello there!(",) With the use of make up one can look even more beautiful. I for one, don't use make up in daily basis even if I am working. I only use make up for special occasions and engagements.
@suspenseful (40316)
It is usually to hide or minimize some feature they do not like or to enhance something they do. It is also to give coloring especially in the winter and you happen to have the type of face that makes you look like a scared goose because it contrasts with your hair or does not contrast enough. So an Irish girl with a fair complexion and dark hair will look fine, but a German girl with a fair complexion, brown hair and strong features would need makeup to minimize her strong features. That is why you do not need makeup in summer, you get that healthy glow.
I feel the way you do about make up. My husband hates it when I use it too. BUT, if I'm going to an event where I know my picture is going to be taken I wear it so my features will show up better. It's also useful for job interviews to show attention to detail and make as good an impression as possible. On stage, you need it, again, so your features can be seen better by those at the back of the room. Occasionally I use it to hide a zit or the mole on my face (well, I can only lighten it, but every bit helps! LOL!).
@diannebcrs (1549)
yeah there are times when wearing make up is a must like for business meetings, interviews, or formal occasions. my friend loves wearing it, she loves putting it on, coz she says it's like painting using a different media this time. some girls like looking good and make up makes them feel good.
@vicki2876 (5640)
I don't really wear makeup either unless I am going somewhere special. But sometimes i will get into a kick of wearing it daily for a week or two. I find I like how I look better with makeup (I have mega scarring from chickenpox). Women shouldn't feel like they have to wear makeup or wear it only to make a man like you but if it makes you feel good I don't see the harm in it. But the tammy bakers out there yikes!
@djmarion (4901)
i am one of the few women who doesnt like applying too much make-up on my face. a facepowder and a lipstick is enough for my whole day. well sometimes when i need to attend some formal event i also wear make-up but not that too heavy. i opt for colors that are light and fresh looking. have a nice day friend. :)
@nfhs79 (861)
I think that make up is one of the most important to women nowadays. Make up as routine for women. I wear make up depend on function and my mood. Haha! Love make up when I'm in good mood.
women use make up because they have hiden something in their facce and also thay want that thay will always beautiful all the time were ever they go any where and any place
@lucky_witch (2711)
I guess women wear make up to enhance the beauty that is already there... It is not to hide something( but sometimes its a good trick) Im not used of putting make up... not because im pretty but because I really dont know how. I feel that make up never blends with my face and it looks like that Im wearing a mask or something... lols Back to the topic... I guess you look more good if you wear make up and make it looks natural on your face. it emphasize more of your assets on your face if you put it well. It hides blemishes and imperfections... and you look fresher wearing it. I remember my college friend whom I guess I never seen without make up. She is always ready for pictures etc...I always take a good look at her face...and I am really amaze how she perfectly blend make up in her complexion... She looks stunning always. Actually shes not that beautiful but with the right blend of make up in her face, the way she dress plus the confidence and smartness that lies naturally in her... makes her stand above the rest. You wont see make up annoying to her... it works like magic. I guess if we know how to properly use make up it will help alot in building confidence...etc.
I believe that MOST women wear makeup because they are self concisou about their looks (or at least SOMETHING about their looks). I know that's why I wear make up, I feel I need it...and that's okay! But I also think some women wear makeup because they like putting it on. They have fun putting makeup on themselves. I also like putting it on, not just because I feel I need it.
Yes its a must have for women,because without these some men will not be attracted to ours. i do a little make up sometimes when im going to parties, but i used to take them off, because i got irritated easily, my skin is so sensitive.