Danger! Danger

@jillhill (37383)
United States
July 5, 2007 3:43pm CST
The headlines of our state paper this morning had an article about a six year old that was in a wading pool at a country club. She got too close to the drain that sucks out the leaves etc to filter them out of the water and the suction actually pulled her intestines out of her body! They were able to rush her to the hospital and they did surgery to put them back in place. Keep children away from those drains! I never thought it could be that dangerous!
3 people like this
5 responses
• Switzerland
5 Jul 07
I still don't believe this news. If the intestines were to be sucked out, then the suction force should have been really high and it is not possible to retrieve the intestine from the drain after that. Also, the intestine cannot come out of the skin, until the kid had an open cut on the body.
@jillhill (37383)
• United States
5 Jul 07
Log on to the www.mplsstartribune.com the full story is there. I couldn't believe it either. But she must have been bent over. It took her small intestines out from her body. I had a friend though who was going through some things medically in her life and her uterus used to fall out when she went to the bathroom. She had surgery to tie it back into place. Yikes.
• Switzerland
7 Jul 07
I couldnt search for this particular story in there. But, maybe you are right. It is really freaky.
@dfollin (12780)
• United States
13 Jul 07
I could not find it on there either.
• United States
5 Jul 07
My god I feel so bad for the poor child. A few years back a child was sucked in by her hair getting caught. I can't remember if she made it or not. It is very tragic that having fun can cause a person to suffer. These kids have to be watched better in these situations. I feel so bad for the poor thing.
@jillhill (37383)
• United States
5 Jul 07
I know I almost cried as I read the article. They interviewed other mothers on the news too and they were all shocked! Thanks for the response.
1 person likes this
• United States
6 Jul 07
Your welcome.
@dfollin (12780)
• United States
13 Jul 07
Oh my goodness.How could they put them back in dirty from being in the drain?
@jillhill (37383)
• United States
13 Jul 07
They couldn't. They had to remove them and so she will have to be on a feeding tube for the rest of her life. Poor baby.
@AmbiePam (50433)
• United States
5 Jul 07
I reluctantly read that story this afternoon and was sorry to hear about it. It is hard to imagine that happening. I don't think anyone could think that would ever occur. It sounds like it is out of a horror movie.
@jillhill (37383)
• United States
5 Jul 07
I know. I can't even imagine it! thanks for the response.
1 person likes this
@sj_chaudhry (1537)
• Canada
5 Jul 07
i feel so sorry and terrible and couldnot even imagine the situation how it could happen?? we all should keep great eye on our children when we are out door... infact indoor too.
@jillhill (37383)
• United States
5 Jul 07
I know. It made me sick when I heard it. I feel so bad for her and her family. Thanks for sharing.