Anyone else put energy saving light bulbs in and seeing the savings?

@sedel1027 (17854)
We have not made any changes to our power usage (in fact we are using more with running the A/C during the summer) and we have seen a decrease in our bill. All we did we change our regular light bulbs for the compact energy savers. Our electric bill before installing he bulbs was roughly $130 a month, since we installed them we are paying less than $100 a month. That is a major savings.
Oh yes I have them in my home too. I notice they give off less heat in this room. I have noticed a difference and it's summer time. I am moving and plan to use only those bulbs. They are a bit costly but,worth every cent.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I agree that they are worth the money. We replaced only thre lights that are on almost all day and that made a huge difference. This month I am replacing out 3-way bulb that we use sometimes. Too bad I can't find the bulbs for the bathroom lights. I lucked out when replacing the other bulbs, I found a 6 pack at walmart for about $10. Since the new bulb put off so much additional light, we are using fewer bulbs so 6 bulbs was more than enough to replace buld in 3 rooms.
I just gave my neighbor one last night. She will be taking all of them before I leave. She has her kids in the house roasting in heat during the day. Maybe the light bill will go down and they can have some air. I want to buy some before I leave here. I know the moving truck will crumble them to pieces. I also had a feeling the airport will think it's a bomb in disguise. I don't want to be a day in my new apartment without them.
@Sailor (1161)
We are changing the old bulbs with the new, so we aren't using 100% energy saving bulbs.
@sunkissed (4332)
I did switch over to the energy saving bulbs in my house also about 3 years ago. I have seen a difference in my electricty bill also.I pay about $25 less a month since I started using these bulbs.