do you like having the last word in an argument, debate or just a discussion?

@secretbear (19472)
when you're arguing with someone, or just having a plain discussion, or just exchanging texts with someone, do you like having the last word? i think i do. its like winning a battle. LOL although a discussion is not an argument or anything like that... having the last word is like... i didnt run out of something to say. ^__^;; what about you?
Arguments no not at all. I can't stand them. I just leave it alone. Life is too short to frustrate myself over little things. In casual conversation it's mostly a matter of when I'm done I'm done last word or not. I'm like you when it comes to discussions like these. As long as I have something to say that is intelligent and relevant than I'll keep contributing. I feel it benefits me because I get good & different perspectives from others. ‹(°¿°)›
@secretbear (19472)
have you ever done with someone the "did too - did not" fight? ^__^when i was young, my youngest sister and i always get into a fight like that. ^__^;;
@secretbear (19472)
you're bad! that's very annoying!
@byfaithonly (10716)
hate to admit it but yes, I am very much like this and what's even worse is so is my daughter - you should see it when we get into, can go on for hours. Last time we were on the phone and kept saying our last say and hanging up on the other then that one would call back to have her last say. Finally I said my last say and disconnected the phone so she couldn't call back :( we are bad.
@secretbear (19472)
wow.. that's deep. but i think i've done something like that. with an ex. ^__^;; i had to had the last say coz i was really furious at what he had done. and then i turned off my cellphone so he could not call back. :p
I do like winning arguments or debates, but I am also the kind of person to let things go, even if I know I'm right. I usually keep in mind that I know that I am correct and that, if someone doesn't want to believe me, then they are just themselves being stubborn about it. Sometimes when I was younger it was so important for me to get the last word in because I was much more immature and needed it, but now it's not important to me at all. It's more about the piece of mind knowing that I was correct rather than getting the last word in.
@secretbear (19472)
your post really showed that you're a mature person. ^__^ it got me to thinking if im like that with my age now...
@liyan97 (2128)
• Northern Mariana Islands
Shamefully yes, I do like having the last word of an argument…lol I will usually try my best to have the last word, even if I am walking away I will constantly turn around if the other person has made another statement, comment or even mummer. I guess it is just in my nature, I have always been like that, ever since I can remember. I really hate it sometimes, because most often I in actuality, I am making the situation worse off that it actually is. It is something that I want to change, but don’t know how! I am a caring and considerate person but this is one attribute that can ultimately bring me down. I would say that it has to do with my temper more than anything, because it takes a lot to actually “piss me off” but when it does happen, I can’t let go of it unless “I get the last word in an argument”!
@secretbear (19472)
wow. you can still a mumble even if you have walked away?? ^__^;; talk about good ears. LOL well, we have traits that we cant just let go or change because we have grown like that and got used to it. i think you'll be more conscious of that attitude of yours if it had affected your life big time. like something really terrible happened because of that. we change ourselves for the better if we experienced something bad or hurt others very badly. ^__^