People seem to have strange ideas about Australia

@rosebug23 (1909)
Australia
What do you know about aust its people and cities.This is for non Australian people
@bhbirdie6 (1771)
They live "down under"... they're people. I can't say I actually know that much ABOUT Australia but I do have a friend who's Australian. Beyond what I know about her, not much...
@rosebug23 (1909)
It is such a shame aaAust. is such a beautiful unique and interesting country yet many know so little about it
@ossie16d (11827)
Valley of the Giants, Western Australia - Valley of the Giants, Western Australia
Yes they do seem to have what I consider to be 'funny ideas' about Australia. It is a truly fantastic country, with many different cultures, the scenery is spectatular and so varied. There is just so much to see and do here and anyone who visits our great country will agree with that statement.
@rosebug23 (1909)
you are so right but some still think kangaroos jump through the streets of our cities .well at times they are not far wrong but you know what i mean.We have so many natural wonders and the landscape is so varied it is truly wondrous
@ossie16d (11827)
Our son has been travelling on and off for several years now. Usually goes away for a couple of years and then returns home to see that all is okay, earn some money and go wandering again. This last time he was away for 18 months and when he returned said that he realised just what he has been missing while he is away. I don't think that will stop him travelling again though. LOL He has met many people in his travels and some of them have visited here. One came while he was actually back home in Australia but 2 of them came while he was overseas, and they stayed with us for a few days so we could show them something of rural Australia. They admitted that prior to coming here, they had no idea of just what our great country had to offer. :)