Ideas?

@Trace86 (5034)
I made a ham the other night and have more than half of it left. I need some recipe ideas to finish it off. What is your favorite leftover ham recipe?
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hi there. Left over ham, can be sliced or diced and put on a pizza to create, ham, cheese and pineapple pizza crust with a little tomato paste and oregano...
@carpenter5 (6786)
I have two great ways to use the leftovers. You can cut it into small cubes and put it into a nice pot of homemade macaroni and cheese. Or sometimes I shred it into small pieces and add it to scalloped potatoes.
@Trace86 (5034)
That sounds yummy! Those are both favorites of mine. I never thought of putting the ham in them though. I have put hotdogs in the mac.
@aweins (4203)
hi trace86, i am having two recipes but i am writing down one which i think is more easy and fast to cook too. 2 c. cooked ham , cut into bite size pieces 1 1/2 c. shredded mozerella cheese 1 tbsp yhinly sliced green onion 1 package corn muffin mix Sprinkle ham, half of the cheese and the green onion in the bottom of a greased 9 inch pie plate. Prepare corn mufffin mix according to package directions , pour over ingredients in pie plate . Sprinkle with remaining cheese . Bake in a 350 degree oven about 20 minutes .
@anniepa (27244)
I have several "favorite" things to do with leftover ham. Cook it in a big pot with cabbage and potatoes. I love that with rye bread! Also, bean soup is a favorite in my family. My mom always used navy beans so that's what I usually use. My son-in-law usually confiscates everyone's ham leftovers for ham salad. I grind up the ham with some boiled eggs and sweet pickles and mix it together with mayo. Delish!
@foxyfire33 (10009)
My favorite thing to do with leftover ham is to put it in either bean or potato soup. For the bean soup I just cook great northern beans (the white ones) in plain water and add the ham and a generous amount of butter. It's usually best if you cook it slowly and it's always better the second day after it's cooled and thickened up. Then it stays thick even after it's warmed up and is great with bread and butter. The potato soup is pretty basic...chop and boil potatoes, add the ham and maybe some onions and celery. Sometimes if it isn't thick enough you can add some condensed cream of potato soup or instant mashed potato flakes.
@Trace86 (5034)
The ham and potato soup sounds delicious!
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I do not usually have anything fun to do with my ham. I just microwave it and eating with some potatoes and veggies.
@KrisNY (7593)
I love ham soup- add veggies and noodles to the ham and juice and let simmer for hours on the stove or slow cooker- I also use leftover ham for homemade mac and cheese- it gives the dish a main dish kind of feel with ham in it- Also scalloped potatoes and ham- or ham salad- or ham sandwiches
Ham is one of those foods that I like to have on hand in small portions for various recipes. I would probably chop or dice the ham and then freeze it in 1 cup packages to add to recipes later. i would add them to scrambled eggs, soups, beans, corn muffins, etc.
@pyewacket (44036)
Well I slice the ham into slices and place it in a large skillet, then add orange juice, sliced pineapple, raisins, and also add some cinnamon, and cloves then once heated add some cornstarch to thicken the juice to make like a sauce...goes great with mashed up sweet potatoes
@peavey (16300)
I never have to worry about having too much leftover ham! You can freeze it if you don't eat it all, but here are some of my favorites: Add it to scalloped potatoes Make a soup that you can serve hot or cold by cooking broccoli and cauliflower, then adding enough cheese to taste and diced ham. Serve over or with baked potatoes. Fried ham and eggs with toast or pancakes Ham and cheese sandwiches Chop fine, add boiled eggs, onions and pickles for a ham salad for sandwiches or as a main dish.
@Nykkee (2523)
This is a local recipe. Well it's not really a recipe. Boil and cop up some potatoes, make up a batch of saurkraut and cut up the remaining ham into small pieces and fry it all together. It's yummy. The dish is ucually made with corned beef but ham works just the same.
@brendalee (6084)
We usually use left over ham to make grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. We also sometimes cut the ham into chunks and add it to scalloped potatoes. Now you got me hungry for ham.lol.
@Calais (10900)
I would dice it up and put it in an ommelette. Also put capcicum or other ingredients in it..Or use it as a topping on home made pizza.
@suspenseful (40316)
I sometimes grind it and make deviled ham sandwiches, make some ham and pea soup, mix it with potatoes and have hash browns, cut it up and use it for fried rice along with bean sprouts and eggs. Mix it with scrambled eggs or omelets.
I love hash browns or cottage fried potatoes with ham and eggs. Yummie!