Are you in favor of text voting

Majority of the contests worldwide use this method now as a part of choosing the winner. Voting through text has become a trend. Are you in favor of it? Do you find it fair?
@mummymo (23707)
I know it is very popular but I refuse to do it - I pay enough for my mobile I am not going to pay more for using this type of sevice - espescislly when we see how much money is made by this way of voting! Is it fair - well I know several companies in the uk have been heavily fined for misude of this way of doing things so who knows! xx
my sentiments exactly! i figure, i just make the service providers richer if i do text voting. and they already make so much money from mobile subscriptions.
@mummymo (23707)
yep - why give the money I don't have to a huge company that has more money than it knows what to do with! xxx
@subha12 (18453)
i am not at all in favour of text voting. now it has become a practice everywhere, be it any contest in tv or anywhere. i have seen in many singing and dancing competition winners are selected by votings. If thsi is the case, what is the need for judges. in most of the cases the less deserving candidate is chosen.
@gr8life (6253)
Hello hersmart4ever, I don't agree with sms voting. I think it is not fair. For example in a singing competition, it supposed to be judged by professional judges but when you give the opportunity to public to start voting, you won't see the talented one will bag the award. They prefer to choose pretty, beautiful or handsome candidates rather than the talented ones. I think it is better to leave it to the professional judges to make the right decision.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I'm not in favor of text voting coz it like the old tradition way of buying votes or ballots in some beauty pagent. And sometimes we are not stattisfied with the results of the winners some are not qualified to won but he/she won because of the money involve specially if one of the contestants is can afford to buy a load for the vote. And is it not good that they won just because they are famous and not because they are capable to win.
@zipman191 (381)
• Israel
to vote for some realty shows is a waste money so i never in voting via text voting only by the internet but usualy the sites are crushing down
@dpk262006 (56167)
No, I am not in favour of text voting. The charges are usually high for text votings. Moreover, there appears no transparency to know....how much vote were cast. I normally do not send any sms for this kind of voting.
i am a little doubt about it, but many company become rich because of text votes and they become richer and richer now a days. I believe it has a trend now, but i think much of them are manipulated. The truth is we are just helping the phone company became richer.
@Debs_place (10525)
I give my cell phone number to as few people as possible, so no I would not send a vote from my phone. I do not consider anything important enough that is should cost me to vote on. I think maybe if there was more of a cost, then something might be more logical, like that awful guy on American Idol, I only have seen that show 3 times, and he just justifed my not watching it. But maybe if they charged a bit for people to vote, the votes might be more justifiable. The money made from this should go to charity, rather then someone's pocket.
text voting is widely practised now adays considering the dawn of the new era of communication that has widely evolved into something much more sophisticated....who knows who has won on the text vote contest...they could manipulate the result for they are the ones who has the sole control of overseeing the text results.....
No I am not into text voting,telecom companies just use it for their advantages and the winner is basically picked by the judges..so its all worthless...unless some people get a feeling they have contributed to the cause when they have only filled other's pockets
It's unfairness under the disguise of fairness. Everyone can choose the one the love, and the one with the majority votes will win -- sounds fantastic, isn't it? But look deep into it, the winners with the majority votes may not be the one that most people agree on. In China, there is a show called Super Girl. It is a show similar to the American Idol. My friend grasped over ten mobile phones just to send message to vote for the girl he liked. It is not our will to vote for that person at all!!! And who benefit most from such voting, the winners of the contests? By no means! It is the telecommunication coperation!!! That harvest billions of dollars and leave a person with fake supporting rate behind. Boo who?!
@rsa101 (13336)
If you have plenty of loads to spare its ok. For the promoters of that kind of text voting they will benefit much in it since our country is so much addicted in the texting technology. But if you would ask me I consider that as a waste of money for the texters even though they are promised to many prizes to entice voters. A few only are given the chance to win and the majority are not rewarded from voting.
@kaplya (1578)
i m against it!! it's very unfair way of selecting someone/something on a contest. there were many cases recently in India in which some celebrity bought hundreds of new sim cards and gave it to their friends to vote in their favor and also paid for all those texts! of course then it becomes a money game. i think same happened in selecting seven wonders of the world.. why was Taj Mahal number one? all thanx to its large population and a kind of campaign that if you are a true citizen you are going to vote for Taj for number one place!! then it makes this all game of numbers...i don't see how text voting could be a justified mode of voting.. it's more better to appoint a group of professionals of a particular area to find out winners in a contest then rely on something like text or internet voting!
@Lydia1901 (16354)
Well, I do not think that i have heard of this one before. But, I will take a look at it sometimes.
@redlime (94)
I am not infavor of it because there is always a way to cheat in text voting and scientificaly its unreliable.
@williamjisir (22903)
I am in favor of text voting. This way you don't have to worry about who is for and who is against. Because if you know about it, you will have some thoughts about the one who votes you. It is fair to some extent, though not to the full.
@ibuemma (2954)
nope, i don't do that. not voting for all those idols nor deal or no deal, even when my favorite show CSI doing this quiz and you should send the answer with SMS, i skip it too. don't know why. just don't even bother
@mymytri (2032)
Nope.I dont follow this trends.Actullay am not interested in this type of contese and i feel this is waste of time.But i have patcipated in new7wonders contest to choose my favoutire wonders.
@derek_a (10902)
It sounds a fairly good method of entering contexts and I have done it myself on one or two occasions.
@Bujoyseth (1684)
i don't think it's fair cause as what you can see right now what happens to the deserving winner? if it happened that the deserving winner can't afford to buy loads of their cellphone, then for sure, she/he'll lose the contest... and it's really unfair.. the true spirit of the contest is taken for granted... they just go for the text votes.. just like the singing contest of Sarah Geronimo in ABS-CBN, the judges rated one of the contestant as the lowest but then the textvotes has a big effect because she got the highest text votes that's why she still made up for the finals.. it's not right.. that's why i didn't voted even once..