Bird Flu Pandemic

@worldwise1 (14890)
Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever you like, but I just can't shake the feeling that THEY know something about this supposed Bird Flu Pandemic that is heading our way in the near future. For a while there was a lot of discussion about this, then it seemed to go away for some time. Now(in my state, at least), there is an all-out campaign gearing up urging everyone to get vaccinated against this coming scourge. What does anyone else have to say about this? Is it happening in your state?
@filmbuff (2909)
I haven't heard a thing about a pending bird flu epidemic. Nor anything about a vaccination niether. Another poster was spot-on about the government using these tatics to get people to test vaccines on, often though they test on those in the military. Fear is also a great way to control people. Realistically speaking though, we are due for a major epidemic of some kind. Typically there is a devastating epidemic every thirty to fifty years. The last epidemic that I can remember happened in the early 1900's. So really we are overdue.
@Aurone (4758)
I haven't heard very much about the bird flu lately.
Well I have two theories on this subject. One they do know about an oncoming epidemic and they are trying to prevent against it. Here in florida i have not heard where they are offering bird flu vaccines. The second is that the government uses these scare tactics to actually get free guinea pigs to line up and take the vaccine and see what side effects, reactions, or how well it works.