Lessons you had learned from Ants

They are very tiny creatures and they could die in just one prod of your finger. But I must admit that I find them very interesting. We could learn many lessons from them just by observing the things they do. What comes into your mind whenever you see ants marching in line? What lessons have you learned from them?
@jb_vete (323)
Ants are very earnest. All they do is hunt for food. Saving food for the rainy days... it's one attitude that is most pleasing to them. I can also observe that they are united, and loving. ? loving to their fellow. (?) agree with me? Come to think of it, i've never ever seen ants quarreling, have you? hmmm... that's one thought to ponder.
They are too busy and I think they have no time to quarrel. LOL.
@Feona1962 (7527)
I have different size ants at my house..sometimes my grandsons want to step on them and I will not allow it..I tell them that the ants are my friends....I have to say organization would be something to learn from them..discipline, and patience are others that we could learn...I love to watch them..My dog likes to eat them..he is so silly...
When I see ants marching in line, I always think they work for the greater good of their colony. I wish more people were that way.
@Ricko82 (585)
Hey Herms, Finally I've reached you... Hahaha... WOW! Do you know that i admire people who finds time to look around and observe things around him? Who knew you find it amusing to observe ants marching just like I do. Do you know that I've observed that ants piles their fallen comrades at one place near their mount. I guess it's there version of a cemmetery. Have you notice that too about ants? Well, to answer your question what lesson have I learned from them. I guess it's that never bother people who does'nt bother you, and never go down without a fight too... Hehehehe I'm glad to be your friend Herms... Trust that you'll hear from me a lot from now on. Keep safety always... Best, Ricko82
Im glad to be your friend too. I had noticed that too. Thanks for the response.
to be patient, to earn something, you must work hard for it. To save something for a rainy day, to be always prepared.to be industrious.
@dpk262006 (56109)
Very Good Post! Ants are great creatures of God. We can learn many things from them..foremost is discipline. How disciplines they are...I also observet them sometimes,they always walk in a row, neve deviating from their path, they are well organised and they know how to follow their leaders. But sometimes ...they create problems for us...and we unwillingly use some insecticides to shoo them away.
@dbhattji (2507)
I think I say that I am like the ants, I have learned from their perseverance, I don't look at the goal that is too far and get disheartened but I continue doing what has to be done slowly - one at a time and hope to be rewarded in the end. I like to stay in line and not jump over others for a quicker reward.
@psyche49f (2512)
Ants are hardworking creatures - Industry, hard work, cooperation, teamwork...these are a few lessons I have learned from ants...they work day and night gathering foods; when rainy days come, they have enough supply of food to last them for several days. This creature is truly admirable....if only humans act like the ants, there will be less people who will go hungy...
Whenever I see ants lining up, carrying food to and from their 'hideouts', I appreciate their hard work and patience in carrying chunks of food to their storage area. I have learned from them to save food for a 'rainy day'. So while the world is asleep, or is having fun, the lowly ants inch their way to gather food, seemingly greeting each ant they meet, helping each other carry a big chunk of food. Much to my surprise, today I learned the lessons from these tiny creatures--that we have to save, that we have to work as a team--whether as family members or workers in order to achieve our goal. Their being hard-working and industriousness is noteworthy. If people only match what ants do, we all will never go hungry.
@golfproo (1841)
Hi, I too have always found ants to be very interesting. If I was going to pick a lesson that can be learned from ants there would be two main ones that I would pick....hard work and cooperation. Ants are continually working, but they never really do it alone. They have figured out that the only way to truly accomplish things is to work together. cheers,
I find that ants are very hard working creatures. They are able to carry things way much heavier than their body weight, and that suggests they have amazing strength. They also work in groups, and that teaches me a lesson that if animals can co-operate, why can't some people?
@anjrit (997)
When I see ants marching in line,I think how they are not egoistical animals.they are work for together. a best team work
@gr8life (6253)
Hello hersmart4ever, Whenever I see them marching in line, I always think how hardworking they are! They are always work in unity and help each others. It is pretty amazing to see how they move and what they do... How do I wish, human beings can do and act better than those small creatures in term of working and living in unity *smile*
@sigma77 (5385)
Never give up. They seem to have some idea in mind and continue to go after it again and again. Also, size does not matter, it is determination and persistence that matters more.
@vonne28th (1494)
All the ants in the colony have a job to do. There are lots of things to do in the ant colony i guess. Some of the ants help take care of the larve or baby ants. The anthill has to kept clean and in good repair. Some of the ants have go out and find foods and then carry it back to the nest. All the ants have a job to do and they do it. They don't worry about whose doing what or how hard they're working. They see something that needs to be done and they do it. We can learn from the ants and become wise. The ants do their work even when they don't have someone telling them what to do or checking up on them. Thanks
@derek_a (10902)
Yes, I used to watch ants and other garden creatures all the time throughout my youth. Theirs is a universe quite like ours. Their lives can get snuffed out in one second if someone steps on them or a lawn mower rolls over them, yet they busily go about their business as if its the most important thing in the world - we seem to do that too. No matter how important we think something is, it can suddenly vanish in an instance. So I would say, do what we can to support ourselves and others and we will be having a more peaceful life, but we cannot see what is around the corner and where we've just been has gone. Ants, although industrious, will often go to war with other species of their own kind- black ants with red ants for instance. Strange when there is so much space out there to start a colony somewhere else - but humans tend to do the same.:-)
@williamjisir (22905)
When I see ants marching forward, it reminds of their team work. It is a nice ant community. They are very social.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
Yeah, it is true that you can learn anything from other animals. I haven't had the chance to observe them yet but maybe someday.
@aj2006 (1536)
Being patient is what I want to associate with ants, whenever I see ants in a row walking with food on them ,I think they are patient enough to carry a load and walk still in place..I wish to be more like them too, slowly but surely patient in everything I do.. :)
I learned that if i jump off from a high building, i would not die because of air resistance! (just joking) I learned that life does not always have to have a meaning, but you must do your best and just keep going forward, because that is what ants do, they die so easily, they can die any day, anywhere, but regardless, they still keep collecting food, and working hard.
ants are hardworking. they really prepare for the rainy days. i also observed that they are disciplined as i watch them "march" in line.