How long does love last?

How long does love last? I been in a relationship for 8 years and well even thought i am ready to call it quits, i still love my guy. I was watching the cutest otter video and they were holding hands and awwww. Then i started thinking, Man how long does love last? What do you think. At some point does it just turn into a convience or a familiar?
@wilynn (753)
I am in one for 4 years and I called it quits. I still love him but like a best friend. I hurt him really badly but the relationship just got really stale. I think it turned into convenience and familiar. I totally agree with what you are saying and I'm afraid I can't stay with anyone longer. That is one reason why I am so afraid of marriage.
Yes i feel you on that as well. I had to keep distracting myself as to not keep tract. Then i would feel trapped and would think of ways to end it. Haaaa i tried it many times in this relationship. It has definately a rocky one but its just becasue we are always off doing what ever we want and not being concerderate of each other. I think we basically go to places where the other person would not normally want to go. Such as my boyfriend doesnt do rides so i go to the amusement parks with my nephews or niece and family members as well as friends. And he goes to his family's house to hang out. Alot of people are there and isnt too bad but i am to shy to hang out with my guys family.
@rina08 (68)
i havent been in a relationship for 8yrs.. the longest year that i have in my whole life is just 1 year.. But 1 year for me is too long.. we just broke up last january, but until now i still love him so much..im still longing for him, and still hoping that someday we'll be back together.. Love would really last as long as you really love him/her seriously.. But you really dont know if when will it stop? ayt?
I agree, love last as long as you want it. Even when a break up isnt that bad but you just realize its not working out anymore. You tend to still have feelings for that person. But when the break up is bad, i am sure it stops there and your just like whatever. I feel sometimes in those bad times,i dont feel like i love the person but there is still a liking of that person. Then again its like out of site outta mind.