Pleasure is an interval between two pains- Is it correct?

My friend says so,Do you agree with this statement. But people often get elated about their success and more so it is the attitude of the human being, nothing wrong in it, i feel... If the above topic of discussion is correct, then will you get elated at your success at any point of time? Hey comarades, here you have to come up with two answers, firstly,whether u agree to the above topic, if so, then to the second question in the discussion.
@myfanwy65 (1030)
I do not agree. The sensation of pleasure is very different from the absence of pain. These are two distinct sensations. Since I don't agree that the first topic is correct, I see no need to answer the second question.
Thanks friend for giving your opinion.. God bless..
Hmmmmm nice questions but i dont agree to it pain and pleasure are two different emotions and it also differes from person to person one person may find something pleasurable but the same activity can give pain to another so its two distinct emotions and we got to experience both in its entire form. Come to think of it as we grow and learn what we once thought painful can also be a lesson in diguise! and since i dont agree with it i cant answer the second part! but you sure made us all think :)
@sukumar794 (5047)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
It is advisable not to get elated on gaining wealth and success . The same holds good for the situation wherein you get dissipated in times of extreme sorrow and remorse .Pain and pleasure are the two sides of the same coin . Heads you win ..tails you lose / tails you win ..heads you lose . Strange . Isn't it ?