My husband wants all of his cucumbers peeled. . .

Marion, Kansas
but he eats kiwi fruit with its fuzzy skin on. Go figure! I did get a plant of burp less cucumbers once that he would eat unpeeled, but that was unique. I have not seen those available since then. What do you peel to eat, and what do you leave unpeeled.
I peel an apple whenever I eat, but I don't like peeling "khaki pisang" a type of fruit which looks like tomato but tastes sweet like a banana. I don't peel cucumbers. I peel carrots. I don't peel pears.
• Marion, Kansas
I scrub carrots, but seldom peel them.
I can't blame him! I prefer my cucumbers peeled also. It just tastes better that way. I always peel my carrots and potatoes. I don't peel apples or peaches butthat is about all that I can think of at the moment.
My mum is allergic to cucumber skin - except when it's burpless. If she eats the skin she gets a huge pink/red splotches all over her legs and arms. It's weird. But she can eat the burpless ones just fine. I take the skin of kiwi. It's too fuzzy to eat. I leave the skin on apples and peaches and pears. I take the skin off mangos. That's really all I can think of at the present.
• Marion, Kansas
Mangos are a real challenge, and I love them.
He eats the kiwi with the furry skin on? Really?! I wonder how he does it. I mean I've accidentally eaten some of the skin before and it didn't taste good. Something I've seen a lot of people do that I can't understand is eating potato skins. I realize that is a fairly common food that people like, but I just can't eat the potato skins.
• Marion, Kansas
I also had a college student stay with me and just take off the woody stem end and cut it up and eat it. I do not taste it, and it is full of fiber I guess. It is a lot easier, especially if they are very ripe.
No, I never peel cucumbers, I always leave the skin on and my family seems to like it like that. Although I have a HUGE cucumber garden currently going, I did not think I had alot planted, I did seeds this year, but I was looking at the garden and it is almost taken over by cucumbers that I may need to replant some so that tomatoes and carrots will have room to grow!
• Marion, Kansas
I had a year like that, planted a late cucumber crop in August, and made pickles in September.
@1qazxsw2 (512)
I like to eat cucumber with skin on..but kiwi fruit with skin on will leave my mouth kind of itchy..bcos of the tiny hairs....I will never eat that..Apples with skin on. I eat peach without the skin too.
@indiavani (865)
Hello! My mom peels cumcumber. She never eats it directly. Now, about me, I too eat cucumbers without peels because mom gives it to me. Then, I peel carrots before eating. I never peel apples. I never peel guava also...vani ^_^
@gabs8513 (48803)
I peel Kiwi Fruit and apples before I eat them but not Cucumber but I do know a lot of People that do oh and I peel Carrots before I eat them to
@cikedo (3487)
I only peel fruits like oranges and bananas which are naturally supposed to be peeled. The skin of most veggies contain the best nutrients.
@tredale (1313)
I leave the skin on the cucumber and take it off the kiwi fruit.lol I dont like hairy fruit much at all and will skin it. I like skin on my potatoes and pumpkin which some people think is wierd. I think you lose a lot of goodness with the skin off. I eat my apples, strawberries, grapes etc with the skin on.
@crazynurse (7510)
I don't think I could eat a kiwi skin...just because of the little hairs! Ha! As for peeling cucumbers, it depends upon where I got the cucumber. Our homegrown cucumbers I do not peel, because I know that no chemicals were used in their growth. Store-bought cucumbers I peel, because I don't know what was used. (the skins take up LOADS more of the harmful chemicals in many of the herbicides etc).
@kareng (7986)
I have to agree with ya burpless cucumbers are the best! Now for the men, yes they have strange habits!! LOL!! I peel peaches, I don't like the fuzzy skin and also kiwi. I just don't like that fuzzy feeling on my tongue! I don't peel apricots, apples or anything with a smooth surface...just wash it good before eating! Oh and since you started out with cucumbers...I eat them both ways :)