Do you have a collection of Books?

I do collect small books. Most of them are educational. I like buying books that teach or give tips about correct grammar usage and things akin to this because I wanted to be a very good English speaker. But the most I have are pocketbooks. I am a romance fan so almost all of my pocketbooks were under this genre. How about you? What kind of books do you have? Do you collect, too?
@sugarfloss (2140)
I have a collection of good books.I have educational books and also books I read for leisure.I also buy books for the good pics in the book.I collect diaries too.And I have more than 5 dictionaries.
Very enviable collection.
i used to own a lot of bestseller paperbacks. i don't actually collect them but through the years, it has accumulated already. what i do is share them with other book lovers. i let them borrow my books so that others who can't afford to buy one can also enjoy reading it as well rather than let it gather dust on the shelf.
Hey youre from the Philippines too. One day Im gonna borow books from you. Dont worry. I handle them with care. LOL.
@blackbriar (9080)
I don't collect books but I do, however, have several subscriptions to magazines that provide useful articles and tips on how to live with less, live off the land, greener environment, etc. My all time fave is Mother Earth News. They have an article in one of the issues on how to set up your own solar system that heats your house, water heater and to power everything else in my house. I found it very interesting.
I also do have subscriptions but they are not magazines. They are newletters. I had subscribed for marketing tips, english tips and relationship tips.
@maddysmommy (16233)
I have a bookcase (3 shelves) full of fiction, thrillers, mysteries and alike, a few biographies, a few romance novels (not really my type though) and scarey ones which I have not read yet. I belong to doubledaybookclub and have ordered from them but have found that amazon.com and overstock.com often sell their books way cheaper than doubleday. I collect them if I am interested in reading them and keeping a copy. Sometimes I take a copy out from the library and if I enjoyed it then I get a copy for myself (if it is reasonably priced).
youre more of a book lover than me.
@shrekk (561)
• Pakistan
I have always thought this would be a great hobby, but at this age I don't have the resources or time to do it. When I grow up, I'm planning to make a big collection of only the best and rare books in the world and republish them widely when possible.
@chari_dc (493)
when i wasn't married with kids yet, i had a collection of different kinds of books. novels, philosophy, pshychology & self-help, instructional... i even had the hard-bound harry potter books till book 5 i think. after i had kids, most of my money went to my kids' needs so the next harry potter, i got an e-book for free from a friend. now my 4-year old who is already starting to read is the one i buy books for. so there's coloring books, story books and fairy tales, etc. i'd want him to like books too just as i do...and then maybe later on, he'll inherit my collection and add up to it too. :-)
@KrisNY (7591)
I don’t collect books- but I do have a lot of them- Just waiting for a yard sale to unload them- I too read a lot of romance books- I trade off with my sister in law- and I buy them from yard sales- I don’t keep them once I have read them- I go to the library for series of books- only because I don’t want to spend a lot of money on something I’m not collecting- I do have the Laura Ingalls- little house on the prairie book sets and the Harry Potter- and my daughter has tons of books- all American Girl series- so she collects books but I don’t!
@healer (1783)
I am a science student, so mostly the books that i have collected are basically science. About animal behaviours, biochemistry..etc. I collect some monthly magazines also which are usually about career prospects regarding science. But i don't like exchanging with people or sharing with others.
I do have a collection of books, both in physical and digital. I have a lot of books in my room, but the ones I collect are in my bag that I carry around with me everywhere I go, and I never leave home without them. They're self-help books on topics like standing up for yourself, wealth creation, moneymaking, financial freedom, a lot. I even have two books about Donald Trump in my bag. Same with the digital ebooks. I search for ebooks a lot on the same subjects of self-help. For years i've been downloading good ebooks, both in PDF and EXE format such as these popular three: -The Science of Getting Rich -Think and Grow Rich -As a Man Thinketh There are a whole lot more, but I collect these books for fun and for reading. One can never have too many books or ebooks, especially when one has a portable hard drive and lots of storage CD-R(W) and DVD+RW disks.
@ashar123 (2359)
Yes I collect books on fiction, novels of adventure and travelling stories and have a small collection of many books. I also have books about mystery and murder solving like Sherlock Holmes.
I have a massive collection of books. Reading has been a passion for me since early childhood. I was read to since I was a baby and I have read to all of my own children since they too where babies. I have an eclectic mixture of reading materials. Many different fictional genres, philosophies and religions, medical and I.T. texts, plus a whole lot more. There is a purposeful lack of romance novels and the only ‘trashy’ novels you’ll find there belong to my daughters. My favourite fictional genre is horror, so there’s heaps of thoses. After filling 3 large alcoves with books,from ceiling to floor, I have now started to catalogue and pack away a lot that I have read, so that the newer ones can take their place. At least no one is ever stuck as to what to buy me for a birthday or Christmas present!!!
When I was little, I liked collecting comics. Actually I still keep them at my home. I would like to leave them for my child and I hope he will enjoy them as well as I do.
i have 3 large bookcases that are overflowing with books that i have read i cant seem to part with them fortunatly i do have the room for them
I have all kind of books in my house and in different langueges 'cause I'm a languege lover too
@rangics (1335)
I have several pocketbooks collection. I'm planning to buy the complete set of Harry Potter books so that they can be added to my collection. ;) I just buy books that I like to read. ;)
@xiuluoelly (1225)
I like to collect comic books and detective series of books, there are some on philosophy. I lost a lot of books because not careful, this made me very depressed.
@Bujoyseth (1684)
i have collections of books but these books are my stuffs from my elementary to college days.. i kept them in our mini library together with our encyclopedia set... my mom, collects dictionary that's why we have lots of dictionary in our mini library at home, also the almanac... i read them sometimes...
@academic2 (7009)
• Uganda
Ever since I left UNiversity, I seem to hve ran away from anything bookish-i just read magazines and news papers no books, no interest in them at all!
@gigarange (1165)
books - book lover
I love books and love reading. Most of my books are Mathematics books, other educational books, teaching related books, travel books, books about different languages (I have Japanese, Spanish, and German), and inspirational books . I read pocket books but don't collect or buy them, I just normally borrow from our library.
@williamjisir (22903)
I love to collect Chinese and world-famous classic novels both in Chinese and in English. I have all of them placed in my bookshelf. But i don't have enough time to read them all. I plan to read them when I get retired and have enough time.