Please tell me how they got in My Account?

I want to know if you can hel me. I was taken by a thief of my paypal acct. How did they get in my acct? I don't want a pay pal account any longer. I want to protect my acct.
@sedel1027 (17855)
All you can do is call paypal and have them reverse your charges. Base don the charges this is either someone who knows you and your account info or someone hacked into your account. You do need to transfer all your money out before they freeze your account.
It can't be anyone who knows me. My daughter and I use this computer no one else is here. I will be more careful though. I did receive 2 refunds so far. I am waiting on the 3rd one now. I want to cancel my paypal now. Thanks a lot. What do you mean with the freeze part?
@sedel1027 (17855)
PayPal can put a "hold"/freeze on your account if they detect fraud. You can log in and view your account and that is it. For example, I am on my second paypal account. Someone requested $1500 from my account which had $5 in it (this was not someone charging money to the account, but using my account as if they had a payment request). PayPal put a hold on my account and denied the $1500 transaction. They investigated the fraud but kept the account frozen until I called since it had my bank account attached to it. They had to completely delete the account so I could open a new one. At the time I didn't use my paypal account much - maybe once a year - and the person who did it, was someone I had bought from on Ebay months before and thought he could get some money from me since I was a hurricane victim.
Wow what a load of mess. I am waiting to see what is going on. I hope it was not the guy who robbed me of shipping. I paid $10.00 shipping ans the shipping was $1.73 red6345red look at my feedback for my last 2 purchases. I contacted him about it but,knew he would jack my feedback if I left him neg.
I think you must have opened a phishing email, and it proves to a source for the password hackers. This i learnt from the mylot friends here. If u happen to receive any emails saying that paypal requires information and things of that kind, better u go DIRECTLY TO PAYPAL SITE AND PROVIDE THE DETAILS..
No I was bit on my ebay acct like that. I would nevr read my mail on the email page. I delete it and go to the main site. Thanks for the help
@jbb316 (1779)
I thought paypal was supposed to be secure. Its those hackers. They are always trying to get into accounts and steal people's money. I hope you did not lose too much money. I don't blame you for not wanting to have a paypal account anymore. Like the saying goes "get me once shame on them, get me twice shame on me".
I have to to say you say it well. I feel like someone is looking in my bathroom window. This is a sad situation to happen to people.
@ibuemma (2954)
Do you ever got a phising email? Look like it from paypal, and ask you to open your account from the link they provided? The other thing you should check also your personal computer. When my e-gold account being hacked me and my husband kind of do "educate" ourselfes about security on the internet. There's some kind of virus that somehow the virus scan can't catch it. And they are "contain" a undetectable keylogger. Hackers use this to record what your keyboard type for login id and password. If that's the case you should "wipe out" your entire computer. And built and install it again all the software you need. If you know somebody you trust that's great. If not you might wanna try those geek squad at bestbuy store.
I think I want to clean my computer really well. I don't do much these days online. I have been doing a lot of online banking. They should be shame. Thanks