oh what a wait!!!

Australia
i went to the doctor on monday after work, as last couple of weeks my stomach hasnt been feeling to good and i thought it most likely just a bug, anyways got to the clinic and ask see the doctor and the lady said yes and i gave her my card and then she said thank you, and didnt say it was a 3 hour wait!! anyways another girl i overheard say i have been waiting since 2pm which it was 5 pm, but she was still waiting, then at 6 pm she was still waiting, so at 630pm they finally called her in, and i thought well she was there before i got here so if she only got in i would be here even longer since i got there at 4pm. so at 650pm i went to the lady at the desk and asked how long it would be and she said your details are even printed out for the doctor, so i would have been called up about an hour earlier!!! i was so annoyed, that what happened to that other lady but i didnt know that til she said that, because when i gave my card over there was a new girl on the counter and she didnt know she had to print a slip out for the doctor and for me to sign etc, i couldnt believe it, and my mum rang just as i was standing at the counter talking to this lady and she said where are you ( i made a point of it) im still at this medical centre waiting to see a doctor, how unbelievable, so the lady put me next in line to see the doctor. i was like oh thanks for that, wish the other lady (new one was showed what to do) so she would of done her job right the first time......
@Calais (10905)
I hate the wait is so horrible, especially in little country towns...We usually have to book in 3 weeks in advance...I dont know how you are supposed to predict when you are going to be sick ???
lol yep we are ment to know when we are going to be sick, oh yeah im going to be sick in 3 weeks i better book in to see the doctor, lol... what a joke
@Calais (10905)
Its actually quite sad...Its either that or wait at the hospital for 12 + hours to have them send you home to see your doctor...Something drastic needs to happen to the health system.
@dio123 (1790)
I can only pray that no one should fall in this situation of unlimited waiting, hope you are ok with your stomach now
thanks, i feel thou im much better
@MsTickle (24966)
Gosh Mellie, what a pain...if you weren't sick when you arrived you were probably sick by waiting all that time...and who knows what germs are lurking around? Hope they found your problem and that you are better now.
oh yeah i felt tired, warn out and i was coughing by the time i got out of there because so many people came past me coughing while i was waiting. he put my on antibiotics to see help.