I do not trust Short Cuts

It's just that I could notice that there are more dangers in taking short cuts than in taking the normal route. You can take this literally or figuratively. But as it is, I am not very comfortable with short cuts. Even in acquiring success, I'd rather take the normal route rather than short cutting. Some had managed to get what they want through cheating, pulling other people down so they can push themselves up, and many other methods. It's always safe to take the longer cuts. It may require more diligence and patience but what's important is that we can reach our goal the normal way. We hurt ourselves and other people less.
@aprilgrl (4460)
I don't blame ya! My hubby always thinks short cuts is better but too me its not. I feel it's cheating.
@blackbriar (9080)
So very true, hersmart. Besides, lying and cheating your way to the top can sometimes backfire on ya big time.
@dbhattji (2507)
I enjoy achievements only if I have earned them through hard work, anything that comes easily is not valued and is soon lost. So go on work hard and I will do the same.
@roniroxas (10576)
it taking routes when in comes to roads as long as i know the short cut i would rather go for the short cuts. here in our country traffic really is irritating. if you will not go to the short cuts you will spend more time wasting time and gasoline in the normal route. but as i said if i only knew the short cut. i also am not comfortable on going in streets that i am not familiar with. on the other hand short cuts in aquiring success is different. we can see people around us achieving success when it is not worth for them. you see people with less talent having the position you think a better person is to be at that place. well life sometimes is not fair. it is more sweet to achieve something you put your heart and soul into it and pass at a normal route. it maybe not the safe way to go through but it is the normal way to success. but sometimes patience is not what is important in some circumstances.... well it doesnt apply to all but from experience sometimes a much lesser qualified person will get the job because he/she is a kakilala or a family friend.
@munhozmib (3858)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
Short cuts should be taken by those who know them very well. Only for those people, that know everything about those Short Cuts. They can follow the Short Cut without getting lost, without harming anyone nor themselves. Without putting himself in risk, speaking more clearly. About those who doesn't know anything, those should not take any kind of short cuts. They don't know where the Short Cuts will take them to! Also, they might find another ways inside the Short Cut and follow, ending up at somewhere they don't wanted to be. Short Cuts are dangerous... Really dangerous. However, they are one of the keys to success. While everyone is fighting their best, you use your mind and take a Short Cut.
@derek_a (10902)
Yes, I see where you are on this. My view is similar. I focus on the journey, not so much the destination as that can change as time passes and you learn more about your aims and aspirations. Short cuts could definitely deprive us of valuable knowledge and wisdom. :-)
@KrisNY (7592)
Agreed- 100%-- I want to know I have what I have by doing it the right way- the hard way at times- but at least I don't have any regrets and haven't misused anyone- I have to admit that I do take shortcuts in other areas of my life- like driving for instance- but it sometimes feels like it takes longer!
It's true and its also smart. For example my niece was horrible at listening but, someone told me instead of laying down and giving orders to get down to her level and be firm instead of yelling (I shouldn't hit her). I had to be something like a drill Sargent that was always in your face. Even though this was the longer route it was also the more effective route - Alyson
@williamjisir (22904)
I think the same as you do. I would rather take the normal route than take the short cuts. It is a process that we need to experience without which we cannot fully enjoy the happiness of being successful.
@whyaskq (7532)
Taking the long route definitely enriches one but it too exhausts one. LOL. Often people take shortcut because that seems to be the easiest route as evident from the path other people take. No doubt it is no pain no gain, but in today's era, street smart is required. Why not learn from other's success? Why repeat what people have gone through? Are we not wasting time and effort? I view taking shortcut as a challenge. It takes great courage to embark on a great venture. No venture no gain :P
@abroji (3247)
While we try to solve an arithamatical problems shortcu methods are good. While we are walking we can take shortcuts. It is for a short cut to the Atlantic from the Pacefic that Panama Canal was made. But short cut methods to overcome other people in some fray is not good. Such short cuts are non ethical and always carry risks. It is for taking advantages of other people. Totally unucceptable.
@banta78 (4335)
I also believe in doing hardwork and be honest in my work ethics and have good moral values it goes a long way in making the person we eventually become. So i like to earn my success by working honestly for it not by taking short cuts in life as i don't believe in them. And success through short cuts is temporary as what goes around, comes around.
I agree with you in this matter. Taking shortcuts is not the solution to achieve success. It may work in the first phase but usually it will fail during the intermediate and advanced phase. You can't take shortcuts. You will loose many things normal people would pick up during their normal journey - one of them is called experience. Experience is a very valuable thing that can only be gotten by oneself through a journey in life. So taking shortcuts will end you up in someplace that will hurt you in the end. I am not saying that all shortcuts are not good. Some shortcuts are good, and even the best. A person has to possess wisdom to make a decision which is a good shortcut and which is not. I don't deny that many people have reached success with adopting brilliantly planned, legal shortcuts in life.
@robert19ph (4584)
That's true. Taking shortcut is a very risky taking thing but the rewards are great if you were successful. For me I balance it from taking shortcut or the traditional way. I usually take the traditional way most of the time. I only knew of a few shortcuts and when I take new untested shortcut I usually mess it up so it's better to be safe than sorry.
@rakhii (1302)
Thats true! Shortcuts dont work in a long run. They can take you to the top for an instance but finally they'll bring you back down later. I also never try going for shortcuts like cheating, pulling other people down so they can push themselves up, and many other methods. I dont believe in all these things coz they are not the key to success. The key to success is our potential, intelligence, and our dedication that would be helpful in the long run. I believe in them and make them my keys to achieve my goals.