My girls, reading, and pbskids

A Dantastic Time! - This is Dan Wardell, the host of the Iowa Public Television Kids Club. He is 100% energy and 200% fun!
@creematee (2810)
My daughters recently submitted a book report to our local PBS (Public Broadcasting Station.) Out of hundreds of Iowan children that submitted, my 2 girls were selected to be videoed by Iowa Public Television to review the books that they had read. Sydney, my older daughter (6) did a review of a story called "Leo the Late Bloomer" A cute story. My youngest, Megan (2) sent in the review for "Fox in Socks" (OK, mommy submitted that story.) Anyway, the day they were video taping, we missed them completely. Dan Wardell, the host of the IPTV Kids Club contacted me, and we set up a telephone interview with him, so they could review their books. After a week of waiting (silly holiday got in the way. LOL!) The interview is posted live on the 'net. Here's a link to anyone interested. Very little was done by mom in prompting the kids what to say. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. ttp://www.iptv.org/kids/dantastic/blog/index.cfm I would also like to take a moment to speak for the PBS channels across the nation. They do so much for the public and they don't do it for profit. I'd like to ask everyone to take a moment and make a donation--big or small--to your local pbs stations. (Or check out the iptv website, and donate there.) Thank you! I'm stepping off my soap box now. :)
@gewcew23 (8011)
Leo the Late Bloomer - I think it is great that children are reading. Please encourage them to read
This is neat. I am glad your children like books. I see a lot of young children never look at books much anymore. I loved books when I was little and still do. I am very proud that I just finished all the books of the Chronicles of Narnia series. Thanks for sharing this and please keep incouraging your daughters to read. Have a great weekend.
@creematee (2810)
Thank you gewcew! All three of my kids love to read. The girls especially, love to go to bed with a stack of books. (I'm talking about 20 books in their stack!) every night. They "read" every one of them before falling asleep. That's why bedtime is soooooooo early, otherwise we'd be up forever reading. LOL! We just finished reading our car book--the book that we ONLY read on car trips. "Where the Red Fern Grows" I think it's become my son's favorite (he's 8) as well as mine.
@Katlady2 (9920)
OMG! Your girls are just as cute as can be! I loved the interview. They did so awesome. I bet the girls are still strutting around with huge grins on their faces. LOL
@creematee (2810)
Thank you katlady! They are really proud kids, and I'm a very proud Mommy! I think I'm more excited about this honor than they are. :)
@sid556 (31003)
Very Cool!!! you must be so proud!
@creematee (2810)
Thank you sid! Yes, I am very proud.