Does anyone ever get depressed over not having enough money?

@jovimom (1576)
I am just so disgusted lately because of no money. I know everyone has money troubles but I just feel like crawling in a hole somewhere and dissapearing. I'm not working because my husband and I agreed that it would be a good thing for me to stay at home when I lost my job. But now we are starting to have money troubles and I'm really stressing. I am trying to find ways on the internet to make money but nothing is panning out. Any ideas??
I was going on this way for years. I had a good friend sit me down and explain things to me. No matter how much money I did not have. stressing myself over it would not change the amount. It took some time to get it sunk in. I stress over what i can't afford to buy. I could care less about stressing money. I have gone without almost everything at one point. I will not stress money while I have a roof over my head and bread and butter in the fridge. A good budget has solved a lot of my money issues. Just like canceling my credit cards. Once I stop over drafting my acct it will be even better.
@jovimom (1576)
Been there done that, I have overdrawn my account I don't know how many times. I finally learned my lesson on that one. I almost did it again un-intentionally, and went and deposited the money to take care of it before it happened. I think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and get a part time job at least at nite for awhile to help with bills.
If you have a few friends who love to shop. You may want to host some home parties or even catalog parties. I will be moving but,that is what I am doing starting September. My friend makes $300.00 min at hers but,she has been doing it a while. Look into some work at home sites. Remember everything takes work.
@ky1119 (701)
I can so relate. My husband and I decided he would be the one to stay home with the kids because my income greatly outweighed his and he's a student, so he would have more time to study. Now things are getting tight and I'm getting really worried and depressed. He's now looking for something part-time to help out, but he feels responsible for the situation and he's not. It was my idea for him to stay home and now he feels guilty and that just makes me feel worse about it. Too bad we can't find something like this that would actually supplement our incomes. I'm just hoping to have enough in my paypal account to help out at Christmas.
@jovimom (1576)
I'm telling you, I just am so ready to find some way to make money on-line somehow, I really don't want to go back to a 9-5 job.
contact the salvation army in October. You can add your kids to the Christmas list. It is a blessing to have to be honest. The gifts are all quality and it helps. You can't miss the deadline no matter what. I was so peed last year I missed it by 2 days.
@Cassy1976 (796)
Yes it is hard not to have money, we have a daughter who is 9 months old and I found it extremely hard when I went on maternity leave because our income dropped by half, you get used to a certain standard of living and then when it drops it is a real culture shock! We managed for a while and then I decided to go back to work so that it made our lives easier and so that my partner didnt have to do all the overtime and never be at home, well now I am back at work and earning only half of what I was before but it does help, but the problem then is that my partner still stresses out that we have no money and now wants to do the over time to build up our savings! The more that you get the more that you want! As long as you have enough money to pay your bills and get food you will be right, it is nice to have the extra money but when I have the extra money I only really waste it!
@jovimom (1576)
Yeah, I know what you mean. He's been working a lot of overtime and I think that's what is causing a lot of our arguments right now. In the long run, I'll probably end up going back to work at least part-time as much as I don't want to....
@wachit14 (3603)
No I don't get depressed about it. I am always thankful for my abundant life. I have things that most people in other parts of the world only dream of like a roof over my head, hot and cold water, indoor plumbing and a washer and dryer. Abundance isn't about having money, it's about really just appreciating what you do have, not what you don't have. Being thankful, has changed my life and opened doors to opportunties that have gotten us more money. Focusing on the positive is really what keeps me from being depressed. I hope you find some balance in your life so you can experience more joy and less anxiety over not having enough money.
@jovimom (1576)
I do have joy in my life, I have just had a lot of stress lately that has led to my depression. The sad thing is that my husband and I have a wonderful relationship and I really think me staying at home is making it worse. So I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and go back to work at least part-time if nothing else....
@wooitsmolly (3613)
I'm sorry you feel that way. Sometimes I get down about not having a lot of money, but I am still young and I know it's normal for college students to be living off very little.. then I start thinking about how I have to pay my school/rent with student loans and become afraid of having to pay them back after I graduate.. I am in so much debt and I feel so young! But it happens.. things have a way of working out in the end. I have recently opened a savings account and put extra money in there for when I graduate. Making money online is hard to do, and it takes a lot more time than I anticipated first getting into it.. Building referrals and networks and finding the right sites.. Good luck and don't give up!
@jovimom (1576)
Thank-you! I'm trying to stay positive, things aren't too bad yet, could be a lot worse...
why don't you wanna get a 9-5 job? thou it might be tiring, at least you know your getting ur wage constantly. if u stay home and do nothing about it, you tend to worry more and hence, ending up in depression. Nothing is easy. When it comes to money, you really have to work hard for it. Easy jobs pay off bit by bit and im sure you wont be able to survive with the income from mylot.com or other simillar websites.
@jovimom (1576)
I'm starting to think I'm gonna have to at least get a job at night for a few hours at least just to help out with bills as much as I don't want to. Honestly I've gotten used to staying at home and don't want to go back to work, but sometimes you have to do what you gotta do....my husbands been getting a lot of overtime but I'm still worrying
@GuateMom (1411)
When my son was born, we were short on money and I had stayed home for a couple of months before the birth, due to pre-eclampsia. He was born with a birth defect and needed multiple operations. Money was SO tight! It was extremely depressing. Before I had kids, not having money was ok. It didn´t bother me not to eat for a day or two, but when you have children, everything changes and it can be very depressing to realize that you are not able to provide enough for your family. At the moment, I am earning fairly well with freelance writing online. I don´t know if that is something that you are interested in, but even with mediocre writing skills, you can earn enough to buy groceries by writing keyword articles. If you like, you can PM me and I will be happy to help you out with that. There are lots of freelance writing gigs on http://www.online-writing-jobs.com. Just apply for one and see how it goes. With keyword articles, you can earn $2-5 per article (400 words), which isn´t much, but usually they want 10+ articles per day, so that could easily be $50 extra per day. I used to write 20 articles a day for $2 each, earning $40 daily, which is not too bad, especially since i live in Guatemala. At the moment, I earn more because I have established a reputation. Also, Constant Content and Associated Content (US only) are good places to start off a bit. AC pays $3-$8 per article. CC pays a lot more, but you have to wait for buyers, but I earn $200-400 a month there with minimal work. Hope this helps.
@jovimom (1576)
Thanks for the link! I am a member of Associated Content, I wrote a concert review but that's it so far. I'm not much on writing, but I could write about things that interest me if it pays good. I will send you a friend request and maybe we can talk more about this.
I get depressed a lot about not having money. I get stressed that I won't have enough to pay bills and then I just start crying for no reason and then not eat. I just deal with it so I'm not sure if there is really any advice to give you but just hope that things get better for you.
@jovimom (1576)
I know, all you can do is just try and not get too depressed and pick yourself up and move on. I just want to find a way to make some extra income somehow...
@Lucille7 (509)
• South Africa
Well I think this is a global worry in families these days. I am working and so does Carl and yet we still seem not to be able to make ends meat all the time. I cannot understand how a family can survive if only one of them work. It is really stressful anyway even when both of you are working however, for only one parent to work is a huge worry to me. I never want to end up in that type of situation. I have no idea how to make extra money. Pray about it and hopefully something will work out for you. I even sell things like toilet paper that I get at a really good price just to help out a little more on the money side of things.
@Lucille7 (509)
• South Africa
Night time work is hard, and if you decide to go that route then good luck. I could never do that. I need my sleep too much! LOL! I know that you do get closer to your children when you are at home with them. I was home today with my son and daughter all day and it was just wonderful. We had some good time together and I know that I would love to be at home with them all the time, but financially it is just impossible. Even with the two of us working we cannot afford to go on holidays or anything like that. It is really tough. But we seem to manage. Good luck in deciding on what to do. I hope you come right with this delema. It is a tough one.
@maddysmommy (16243)
SOme times we do. We are down to a one income family as I use to work before when we were living in Samoa. Since moving to USA we decided it was best I take care of my son while he works. It was hard out at first because things here are much more expensive than where we use to live and the daycare charges are ridiculous, hence the reason why i also decided to stay home. With no credit history it was hard starting out. Almost a year has gone by and we are doing ok, we will be making some changes come the new year i.e. moving apartment as the one we are in is just costing us way too much $$ and we don't even use half of the apartment. Are you able to at least work part time? locally? just to earn a bit extra each week? Other than the other paid sites online, that's all I can suggest. Hope it works out for you!
@jovimom (1576)
I think I'm gonna have to at least get a part time job, just not looking forward to searching for a job again. I don't want to work for a fast food place or a restaurant, been there done that.
I think you can try to find as many referrals for mylot and it can help you get more earnings per month. At the same time, never to forget posting your own discussions. This way you will be able to increase your point and earn money, and the same time earn some money through your referrals too. I hope this helps. Have a nice day.
@jovimom (1576)
Thanks! I can't seem to get any referrals for Mylot though, I've tried. I do post quite a few discussions but I've yet to hit the $5 mark for Mylot, lol! Have a good week!
@ladybug565 (2217)
I pray that things will get better for you, I know exactly how you feel, I am a single mother, I work but it is just never enough. My bf helps with the bills sometimes but it is defenatly a stressful struggle. Good luck to you!!!
@jovimom (1576)
Thank-you very much! It seems like you can never have enough money no matter how hard you try!
@cher913 (25900)
yes, life is definitely hard and i know alot about money troubles! do you have any hobbies? perhaps you could run with one of them?
@jovimom (1576)
The only real hobbies I have is reading, doing crosswords, and going to concerts. I do really enjoy music a lot especially Bon Jovi!!
@DRoddy77 (1780)
I grew up poor and my husband and I have struggled since the day we met money wise. Our troubles aren't just starting, they have never stopped. We have disconnect notices all the time, sometimes having to borrow money so things don't get turned off. We have crappy cars that are always having problems. We never have money to buy our kids things. ..and it's not like we aren't trying. My husband works and I work from home, but jobs around here don't pay much above minimum wage and it's hard to support a family of 5 on pennies!
@jovimom (1576)
Wow, I'll bet! I know how it is to get disconnect notices all the time, I went thru that with my 1st husband for a totally different reason though. He just couldn't and wouldn't hold down a job and I was trying to do everything on my own. At least you have a husband working with you like mine does now. We did do so much better when I was working which is making me think more and more that I'm going to have to go back to work for at least part-time if nothing else....
@Marie2473 (8523)
• Sweden
I can totally relate to this, however my story is different, I work fulltime and I also get paid well. My bf also work fulltime and get good money. Howeer I was with a guy before him for 4 years that left me with ALOT of debts that I now have to pay back. Almost all my money goes toward this and it is really hard, but i have hopes of a better future!
@jovimom (1576)
Yeah, that makes it hard if you have to take care of someone elses debts. Glad you are in a better situation now though! Thanks for responding!
@diannebcrs (1549)
i'd be upset myself, specially during the holidays or during those times when you pass by a store and something strikes your fancy but you just don't have enough to buy it. well, i'm looking for ways to earn online though and yes, i'm trying to be really careful because there are a lot of scams out there. as soon as i find a good way to earn money online, i'll let you know.
@jovimom (1576)
Thank-you, I appreciate that!
@JBrulez (663)
my friend just want to give you some tips and advise on finding money in the internet.. i just lost $1000 because of investing on some investment business which promised me high yields. turn out to be its a scam and like a ghost the site disappeared and my investment disappeared just like that. im so frustrated with my self on trusting too much on such investments. the point here is before you engage yourself in any money-producing business online check its legality first.. good luck my friend hope you'lle find money soon enough..
@jovimom (1576)
Thank-you! Yes, I learned my lesson about checking companies out with the BBB first!
I am totally with you. I decided to leave my part time job at the end of May for several reasons. My husband totally supported my decision, but now he is panicking. I have been looking for a work from home job since the end of April with little or no luck. It seems if you don't want your own online business, legit jobs are hard to come by. I do have my own business (so I don't want another one) that I am trying to build. It is a direct sales company so it takes time to make a regular pay check. I love doing it and know that it will pay off, it just needs time. My husband gets very depressed about our financial situation which makes me depressed also. I really do understand how you feel, keep looking, there are jobs out there. I'm looking in to 2 right now. You've probably already checked, but try some work at home job boards like wahm.com or ratracerebellion.com. Good luck!!
@jovimom (1576)
Thanks for responding, that second site I hadn't heard of before, I will check it out. Hope your business works out!
• United Arab Emirates
Hi, I am a stay-at-home mom. I cannot go for a 8-6 job because my son is 2 yr old and I want take care of him. I am jobless since 3 years. Later I switched to internet trying to find to make some money online while being at home with my baby. It is really difficult I must say. I made some money and I lost them too in some other programs. Now, I have decided to do some forex trading. I joined marketiva and trying to learn about forex trading from their online resources. I really feel that we can really earn some money with forex trading. Only requirement is that we need to study a little and spend some time finding online materials about forex trading. I know that i will have to literally work hard, learn and learn about trading and only then i can start the real trade. but, i am dedicated to doing this. Because this is my last hope. I am sure that if not today, but after few days I can do online trading. I have downloaded a few tutorials from the net and took printout of the same. I feel i am back to college. If you wish to join please join from through this link http://www.marketiva.com/?gid=406063 Here, you can start your trade for as little as $1. They also give you $5 real money for live trade and some virtual money for practive. I feel we can help each other in this learning process. So, good luck.
@jovimom (1576)
Thanks for responding, I might have to look into this a little more, this is definitely something much different than anything else I've tried.
@timou87 (1644)
dont worry, this might sound cliche, but things will work themselves out as long as you keep trying dont despair, good things come to those who work for it and wait for it. best wishes to you.
@jovimom (1576)
I hope so, Thank-you very much!