What do you think men are generally better at?

Malaysia
Driving the car, perhaps? Or playing football? Any suggestion is welcome.
Hmmm...let me think about this. I find broad-based generalizations a little challenging...and that is the case here. Science is studying our gender differences...particularily the way we process information...and how our genetics affect strength, stature and so on. So with that as the foundation for my response I think the "I can do anything better than you caN" gender stance has more to do with stature, mind-set, attitude, self-confidence, skillsets, parental imprinting that 'imprients' beliefs and sets them in motion before we are old enough to understand. I think any man..or any woman...can do whatever they want within the parameters of their physical strength, mental/intellectual/educational experiences. Women are showing their abilities in sports that were male dominated before...again according to the physicality. Guys are staying home and being the main caregiver while wives work..and doing an admirable job in most cases. So to me human potential is unlimited...for either gender. We all have to make the most of what we are given, figure out who we are, what we want to do..or be...and decide if it matters enough to persevere until we get there. Gender bias is more of a social habit...'women do this' ...'men do that' and I personally try to stay away from stereotypes...in my personal and professional experience I see how they limit thinking, diminish potential. That is not something I'm into. I prefer to see people and what they are capable of...with no ceiling on what they can achieve. All kinds of people beat the odds..when they were told they couldn't do it. If they don't buy into it...they can and do...whether they are men or women. Lets toss the stereotypical thinking out the window and focus on being the best WE can be...and encourage others to do the same...whether they are male or female. But...as I've said so often before..this is only an offering from my persepctive.
You're right. However, we are made to be different so that we could do different roles which are the most suitable with our gender. Due to (for example, social problem) which made men less responsible (this is also example), women are forced to go out and work. Women are capable to work and they can achieve better than men in many instances. But it's not their basic nature to be the sole provider for the family. Here comes the meaning of responsibility. Each gender has their own responsibility. When there is a breach of responsibility, here is where the other gender will have to take over. We can see many men doing the cooking because their wives are lousy cooks OR unable to cook. And we can see many women going out to work because they have lousy husbands OR unable to provide for the family. So here we learn how to tolerate. Well, this is my point of view. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. Have a nice day to you.
I agree that circustanes in life may force either gender to do things they's rather not do. Yes, I also do not argue that men and women were 'designed' differently to fill different roles in life. But your question was who does things better...men or women? To me, different is not the same as better. People will never know what they are capable until they try. As I mentioned physical capabilities can make the difference in who does what better..no doubt...but that is not always gender based. I have seen some Amzon statured women who are way stronger than a short, slight male...she could do a physical job 'better' than the man. So in my view different is not the same as better...in either gender. I will say it again (in my view) sterotypical thinking limits human potential...and I am in the human potential movement. However I also think you posted an excellent discussion and have found responses from you and others very interesting. There are no right or wrong answers...just perspectives. That is why we are here...to share different views. I am glad to be in your circle of friends and value your responses...here or on my site.
Thanks... hmmm... really appreciate your honesty. Nice having you in my circle of friends too. Keep up the good job, and keep posting quality contents. Nice day to you!
@ssh123 (31100)
Men in general are good at everything except being shy. Why you restrict the men only to drive the car or playing football. Men generally do not cry. They are less jealousy compared to women.
LOL! Don't take it so seriously :) Men are generally more patient, don't they?
@ssh123 (31100)
I was not patient till I reached 50. The aging and experience brings maturity and required patience.
@alnilam (969)
i think they are not generally better in anything... if both genders would be thought the same things since they were born they would equal in most of things i guess...
I think so too. You're correct.
@Amstardam (1348)
Hmm...these days there aren't many differnces between men and women. Women do everything men do and more. Men just can't have babies...other than, where's the differences? Let's see...men are better at American football. I don't see many women playing American football like a man does.
Yup... you're right!
@cassidy22 (2975)
I think men are better at peeing while standing. There isn't anything else they genetically can do better than we can, on a whole. Women can play sports, use tools, operate machinery - just as much as any man with proper training.
Lol... you're absolutely right! Guys... don't take this personally okay... it's just a discussion... sorry if we make anybody angry. Sorry, sorry, sorry.
I think men are generally better in leadership. I am talking about men who make sense and have wits. Not those who arent taking things seriously. I am typically more pleased with men's leadership and I appreciate their strong convictions and firm decisions. Most women have changeable minds anyway.
Yeah, I agree. For example in marriage problems, when it comes to divorce decision, women are more quick to make a decision to separate than men. (This is based on wise women and men only, not the irresponsible ones).
@a_ce_e (1427)
i think men are better physically but emotionally women are better. Men can be a better financial provider but women can be a better home maker. Both sexes has their strength and weaknesses, so in general i guess both of them were equal.
You're right, friend. Thanks for replying!
@stephcjh (32327)
I think men are stronger than women physically and mentally. they can lift heavier things than most women can. they can also control their soft emotions better than alot of women can also. I think they are better at controlling their feelings also.
Thanks for replying, friend. I agree with you about men being stronger physically. But mentally...? I don't think so. Men suppress tears just because of ego. But I don't think they can find the best solution if confronted by an emotional problem. Women are generally better in finding solution to emotional problems. But this is only my opinion. I still respect your opinion. Have a nice day!
I wuld have to say telling a bold face lie. You see we all have to deal with this one day. Men can lay on top of a woman and say I love you. Then turn right around and tell the next woman the same night. They have other talents as well. Here they take the trophy.
I understand what you mean. I've experienced the same thing myself. You take care, my friend. Have a nice day.
@coffeeshot (3786)
I think men are better at fixing things. but that's a generalisation because my fiance is not that great at fixing things around the house. But my dad is so smart when it comes to fixing things. you know things like broken..things. haha yeah so fixing things and solving problems around the house.
My hubby is also good in fixing things. Give me five!
@arcidy (5016)
I think men are better then women at sports im not saying that because im byased or anything but I look at the stats like in basketball the nba players are usually a lot better then the women granted there are probally a lot of wnba players that are better then men. In tennis I think that its equal even though I dont watch tennis but I hear more about the venis sisters then anyother guy tennis player there probally better then most of them.
I think practice makes us perfect.
@scorpio16 (1707)
Men are generally better at making her wife fool for lot of things.
Experience teaches us a lot of things.
@Jennifer21 (2476)
I do think men are better at many things then women are. But I also think women are better at other things that men are. In my situation, I do think men are better drivers then women. I have had countless upon countless of reckless driving accidents, which my husband has not. I also think men are better at harder work, such as labor-driven work. But women, I think are better at other things such as cleaning a home or keeping after children. But I have also seen women do harder work, such as helping do very physical work, and these women seem to do just a good of a job as men. It is really hard to tell whom is better at one thing then another. It is just a personal trait I think. Some people are more able to do certain activities then others. Personally, I could never see myself doing any sort of physical labor, and I do not see myself being a rough workaholic (or a good driver!:P) I think we are all equal though, and I guess if I really tried hard enough I could accomplish just about anything my husband does, but I just don't want to:P
Yeah, you're right. Every person has his/her own traits and abilities. We just to polish them out.
@lilaclady (28240)
I think women are better drivers but I think men are better at getting there as in reading the maps, I think they are the best at handy work around the house and I also think they are better cooks on the BBQ. And I think me being a woman they are better to cuddle :)
Women are more careful when driving. Until now I don't understand the difference between men and women, and I usually do not agree with a man's point of view. But I guess this is how God created us, to be different, to perform different roles in this world.
@maean_19 (4662)
They are good at carrying heavy loggages, they have a heavy appetite. What else? lol
Lol... Smearing their clothes perhaps?