jumping dogs

Jumping dogs does any one have a way to teach a dog not to jump I have tried it all besides shock collar!!! she jumps on everyone
@speakeasy (4215)
I don't know how big she is; but, I had a Great Dane that I had to put in a kennel for a few days. When I went to pick him up the handler showed me a "new trick" he had taught my dog; he had my dog jump up and put his front paws on the guys shoulders. Needless to say, I was furious. My mother-in-law was in her late 60's, a tiny woman, and her idea of a "dog" was a toy poodle or a yorkie. If my 140 lb Great Dane EVER jumped up on her I would never hear the end of it; especially if he knocked her down. The first time he started to jump up on me I stepped back and said NO. He looked a little puzzled. Then he decided to try again. This time, as he started to come up I stepped FORWARD and pushed on his chest. This pushed him over on his back and really shocked him. When he got up, I talked soothingly to him to let him know I was not mad at him. But, he NEVER tried to jump up on me or anyone else after that. If your dog is large enough, you could try this. If the dog is in the HABIT of jumping up; you may need to repeat the action a couple of times. It does not hurt them - you are only pushing NOT hitting. The fall just hurts their dignity and self confidence and it is not something they enjoy; so they usually learn quickly.
Yes this would be good for a large dog, but for a smaller dog you would need to use either your knee or foot.. Not hard enough to hurt them, just to push them away, tell them No in a harsh tone and then in an easy tone tell them, good boy/girl. My daughter has been teaching a hard to train dog for 4-H and this seems to work.
@tuffy999 (794)
my experience with dogs that jumps is when they get excited and craves for your attention. but if it has become a habit, try jerking their hind legs. and give the command 'stop'. give it a try it works.
@Calais (10905)
I would never use a shock collar, its a bit too harsh, but I would do what speakeasy has said, its perfect, and I also had a pup and I just turned by back to her every time that she went to jump and she soon realised.