Do you like Mamaliga?

Romania
It is made from corn flour, it romanian traditional.Ilike it what about you?
@Lucille7 (509)
• South Africa
I have never heard of this dish before. Made from Corn Flour hey! That sounds good. What else is in it? I would like to learn a little more about this dish. How often does it get eaten in your Romanian tradition? What do you eat with this Dish? I look forward to hearing from your again!
Well it is very simple to made , first you boil water then you pour corn flour and a little salt and mix it up untill it is hard, you wait to be a little bit warm and you can it with anything you want, cheese, milk, pork, chicken, chicken lever, a lot of meat.
@Lucille7 (509)
• South Africa
Oh we have something similar here in South Africa and it is called Pap (pronounce pup)! But it is made with Maize Meal. You also boil water and then add the maize meal and salt and you mix it together. The more maize meal you add to the water the thicker it will be. If you want it not so thick then you add less maize meal. You can also eat this with milk and sugar as a porridge in the morning or you can eat the more stiff thicker one with sausage, chicken, meat and so forth. We usually make a tomoto and onion gravy to put over it and eat it like that. So it sounds very similar. This is also an traditional food in South Africa. Thank you so much for sharing this with me.
no problem, i will invite you to eat with me right now, but only virtual, too long distance from you Lol
@stvasile (7317)
It depends what you understand by mamaliga. If you mean the plain stuff eaten with other dishes instead of bread - I hate it. If you mix it with some cheese or eggs and stuff, I like it :)
I mean eggs, cheese and stuff
@stvasile (7317)
Yes, if it's like that I like it, as long as I don't have it over and over again.