What is your Religion?

What is your religion? Are you catholic, baptist, mormon, muslim, atheist, protestant? There are others, what is yours? How did you get to be this religion, is it because your family belongs to that religion, or did you find it on your own?
@neerja (36)
hi, i was born as a pagan, my family is a hindu family,but now iam a muslim, i have converted.
Can you explain the differences between hinduism and muslim? What made you convert?
@neerja (36)
hi, hinduism is a complex religion,where people pray a number of dieties or say idols in the form of god.In islam, muslims do not pray idols they believe only in "ALLAH",which means the most supreme of all in arabic. in simple text hindus are idol worshippers where as muslims are not. i converted to islam because i believe that muslims are the only people who pray the creator, i dont deny the fact that other people also pray to god, but i feel it is not in the right way of worshipping the almighty.we all should realise that we are created by one god and our duty is to wroship the creator and not his creations or his prophets.may god bless oall of us,AMEN.
I agree that you should worship just one god. i was brought up christian so I believe that was Jesus true sermon, to worship only one god.
@ckj6981 (195)
I'm a Catholic when I was born.
Are you a practicing Catholic?
hello melissaruth1, i am from india and my religion is hindu by birth.but i don't believe in any particular religion.i respect all the religions in this world and i worship all gods-jesus christ,allah,guru nanak dev and ram.they are equal for me and i have faith in all of them. the fact is i am very religious person.i visit church,dargah,temple,but haven't visited any gurudwara yet as i couldn't find it in our city.what i believe is there is only one god and these are just his various forms of worship. so for me religion is not much of a concern but ya i am a hindu by birth. thanks for posting this discussion.i hope nobody takes it otherwise as it is a very controversial topic.
I did not post it to be offensive, so I hope no one has taken it that way. I am genuinely curious about other religions and why people chose those religions. You believe what jesus true meaning of his ministry was, that there is only one god.
@IL2Knit (1141)
My Husband and I call ourselves Christian. We go to a Baptist church. But we don't call ourselves Baptist much. We would go to any good church that follows the Bible. You see it isn't my church that gets me to Heaven. It is my fath in God and His son Jesus that gets me there. I was raised Southern Baptist And my Husband was Luthern. When we got married We went to an independent Baptist Church. Right now we are going to an Independent Baptist Church. If we moved away and had to find another one it could be any group as long as they use the Bible in the right way.
I agree with you about not needing a church to get to heaven. Church is just a gathering place for people of the same beliefs. It is a building, you can pray, and ask for forgiveness anywhere.
I am not a member of any religion. But I am a member of the Body of Christ.
What do you mean you are a member of the body of christ? Does that mean you are a spiritual believer?
@JoeDeath (142)
Im catholic. I was born with this religion so I guess that answers your question.
Are you an active member of your religion?
@RealIolo (1854)
You didn't say what religion you were... I am a Seventh Day Adventist. I was born into it but it stands up to scrutiny so I have stayed with it.
I didnt say what mine was, because I didnt want people to think I was going to preach about my religion. This is a curiosity conversation on my part as to why people join the religion they do. I was actually raised a baptist, and my husband a catholic. I do not attend church nor do I send my children. I am religious, believe in god, but do not believe in church doctrine or the whole idea of a church. My children learn about god as I feel they are old enough to understand it. They are taught right from wrong, kindness, and the other virtues of the bible. I however do not force them and I would never tell them they couldnt attend church services.
I forgot to ask you what is Seventh Day Adventist, I dont think I have heard of them
@RealIolo (1854)
I could cut and paste a lot of information to answer your question. But instead, this link should help. http://www.capitolviewchurch.org/fset_tbt.htm
I am a Jehovah's Witness, I chose this religion years ago because it answers my questions that other religion can't. It is not about hope or whatever, it is how it satisfies you then follows the hope. It satisfies me, they provide me knowledge and I am now ready for anything, but I do not use those knowledge for debate unless if no choice. I've been in many religion like Baptist, protestant, assembly of God, Catholic and more but it never satifies me.
Jehovahs witnesses is not a religion i would choose for several reasons. However I do not judge anyone who does, esp since you get such satisfaction from it. You are at peace and that is good
I have the right to judge since they were not able to make me believe that their religion is true. If you think logically, and if you are in my situation don't tell me you wouldn't do the same thing? If my Jehovah's Witness is not a religion then what is it? A sect? a cult? If you think that way, what is your evidence?
I wasnt judging you and I didnt say your religion was not a religion. Matter of fact I said you were comfortable with your religion and that is what was important. Why did you take offense to that, just because I said it was not a religion I would belong to?
I was born and raised Roman Catholic. I left the church years ago because I couldn't reconcile the religion with the bible. Anyway I am not part of any religion. I am however a born again Christian. Being a born again Christian is not a religion. It is about having a personal relationship with Christ. It is about an assurance of salvation that I have thru Him.
Very well said, thank you.
Well thank you very much!
And thank you for best response.
@wooitsmolly (3613)
I am not a religious person at all. I suppose I would be considered athiest. I was not raised religious, which obviously had a big impact on my religious views. I find it difficult to understand why some people believe the way they do, and that is regarding all religions, really. For me, I see God as something that really couldn't exist. That is just how I feel. The only religion I have found thus far (and I have not learned a lot about many religions by any means) that has views that I can relate to is Buddhism, although I would never become a Buddhist, I do think the religion has a lot to teach and I enjoy reading about it.
Just curious, if you like buddhism, what would keep you from becoming a buddhist?
I could not totally commit myself to Buddhism. While there are many points I agree with and try to incorporate in my life, there are many that I do not.
I see
Church of Christ! Romans 16:16 says The Churches of Christ salutes you. God bless!
Thank you for sharing
@Amstardam (1348)
I'd say I'm more nondenominational. I was raised Baptist but do not consider myself a Baptist. I follow the teachings of the Bible but every Christian denomination has a different idea of what the Bible actually teaches so that's why it's hard to claim one.
I agree. That is one of my probles with choosing any one religion. Every religion has their own basic interpretation of what the bible means, and their doctrines. I can read, and I like to interpret the bible and its meaning for myself. Not what someone else tells me it means
@eden32 (3976)
I'm Pagan but follow some Wiccan & Buddhist concepts as well. I was primarily raised a Catholic by my mother, but my paternal grandmother was into witch-craft & occult type studies and that's where my interest started.
I am a little naive as to what pagan and wiccan believe. Could you explain?
@junaid4h (16)
• Pakistan
My Religion is Muslim ...