My Best Friend's Cousin Just Found Out She Has Herpes!!

@Rozie37 (15503)
Turkmenistan
My best friend just called me and told me that her 45 year old cousin has Herpes. When you find out this about anybody, it hits you like a ton of bricks. You stop for a moment and thank God that it has never happen to you. A lot of us have been in positions where we risked catching this. It changes who you are forever. I know that I am writing this like no one else in the world could possibly have this, but I don't expect you to share your story, if you do. She believes that she knows who the guy is and has sent him word letting him know. I did not know that by law you have to tell a partner that you have this before being with them. I know that it should be obvious, but I just never thought about it. We have to be so careful about the choices we make in our life. One time is all it takes. We all know that it could have been something worst than this, but thank God there is no need to go there. My friend is devastated because she and her cousin are very close, like sisters. When she told me the news, my heart dropped to my stomach.
@Flight84 (3050)
It's scary to think of what diseases a person may carry and never let you know. They always told us in school that people do it to get revenge a lot of times. It's terrible to think that a person could be that mean and vindictive. I'm sorry to hear that your friend and her cousin are going through that since they are close.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
It probably was a revenge thing, because he broke up with her before she got the results. The cousin is very intelligent and well off. It just goes to show that we are all vulnerable to the same things when it comes to love. It also proves that money can't fix every thing.
@maddysmommy (16236)
I would not know how to handle news like that. It is treatable right? or is this for life? sorry don't know much about herpes - I have seen various adverts on tv about one partner having herpes and the other not having it and he takes medication daily and they are careful in all aspects. I probably would be upset for her too!
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
It is treatable, but not curable, it is for life. And it can be extremely painful. A lot of people don't realize that a cold sore on the mouth is also another form of Herpes.