When there is someone you miss so much, what do you do?

It's natural to miss people and there will always be times where in they will come into our minds. Whenever this thing happens, what do you do?
My Mom passed away 2 years ago and we were very close. I don't have any siblings and while going through her things my hubby said, "I think we should have something of your Mom's in every room." It was a touching and wonderful idea...because I did that. Mom loved butterflied and I have her butterflies all over the house and they always remind me of her and that now she has her spiritual butterfly wings and is flying free without any discomfort or pain. When I am working in our garden I often wish she was there to share some tea and talk time like we used to. Then a butterfly will fly by and I don't miss her quite as much because I feel her spirit close by. Other times I will listen to the songs she used to like..look at photographs or even put on one of her sweaters and wrap my arms around myself and pretend my Mom is there giving me one of her special hugs. All these things help...but I am sure I will miss her until it is time for me to join her when my time here is over.
That was indeed a very touching way of remembering someone.
@vonn1378 (706)
Based on my experience its very natural that we have those emotional moments. Being away from my family especially with my kids there are times that out of no where I feel like crying because I terribly miss them. And when this occurs I would give them a call and talk to them for hours. And if its very late already I just go over with their pictures and looked at it while crying. Sounds pathetic but after which I feel good. Crying helps when I misses someone.
I also cry sometimes but sometimes I can find enough time to cry. Glad that I am too busy. ;)
It's the thing I am going through at this time. I am home alone and have so much time to think of stuff. I lay on the couch and watch tv to put me to sleep. Then a thought of my daughter and her smile will pop in my head. Or even something funny we happen to be laughing about. It makes my heart soft and I start to cry. I do try to stop crying because she is still here with me. It's just that time fly so fast these days. Once I was looking at my little girl. Now I am looking at my preteen growing so fast.
Same thing happens to me and its happening until now. I would cry when Im staring at my kids. I could feel how fast time has flown among us. Especially when I could see that most of the time they could on their own and do not me around.
@cefaz_21 (2597)
I usually send them text messages, like my od buddies back in the province,when I miss them if I ahve enough load on my cellphone I'll call them,sometimes I use the office phone :) lol. The thing is I communicate with them and that's makes the friendship stronger.
Thats is why we should be thankful about the invention of the Cell Phone.
@vonne28th (1494)
I relly miss my sister a lot. Her late body is still here in the house,and i always stares at her whenever i misses her. I just cry a lot.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
My cousin moved out of state a few months ago and I missed her terribly. You see we are very very close. I went out and got a web cam so that we could talk face to face. She also went out and bought one as well. We talked face to face over the computer and it did not cost either of us an arm and a leg. I was lucky because she moved back home. I was very glad. I also have pictures of her around the house so that she is always there will me even if it is not in person. There have been times when my husband has had to go away on business and we did a lot of talking on the phone then. A phone is a good way to keep in touch with friends and family that don't live in your state. The computer is also a cheap and good way to keep in touch with family and friends.
I exhaust every possible to come see them or atleast contact them via phone or text message or e-mail whatever. It's those kinds of urges that can really bring you down if you put-off.
I write or call the person who I miss. If the person I am missing is really busy I will suffer in silance. My daughter is too busy to call me so I do not call her much. When I call her and leave a message on her cell phone she does not call me back. If she answers me back she cuts me off because she is to busy to talk. Makes me wonder if she does not want to talk to mom. hahaha.
when I miss someone, I'll probably call or text or email them. Or I think about them and the moments we have when we were together.
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
If I mussed someone I'll just think of our happy times. Sometimes I see all her pictures and reminisce the past. But if there's a chance of talking her through phone or e-mail I will personally do it.
@chertsy (3817)
I think it's good to remember that person that you miss. It keep there memory alive. Whenever I miss my brother, I tend to think of the fun things he did when we where younger. It still hurts that he's gone, but I don't focus on that, because he wouldn't want that. I just wish I had more good memories, but that won't happen since his life was cut short. Talking about him also helps, when I start to miss him. That helps a lot, more people should do this.
@jen_n514 (218)
when i miss someone i usually text, call, leave offline message in YM, email him or her. thanks to hi-tech!:D
For me when i miss someone i started to think of those times that we're together.. our funny times, happy times, hard times, and even those times that we're sad.. then i'll just found myself dialing his/her cellphone number that even for a few minutes i can talk to him/her..
@heartsick (832)
Whenever i miss someone, i always feel i want to die.. their memories is killing me.. sometimes i end up crying, staying at my room the whole day.. reminicing the past.. wishing i was able to hug him and thank him for everything, for making me smile in a moment.. i miss my grand pa.. :'c
@maddysmommy (16243)
Try not to let it bother me, its hard to when it comes to nighttime and your so use to having him with you in your bed LOL I keep in touch with my husband online via gmail chat when he is overseas so it isn't too bad!
@gr8life (6253)
Hello hersmart4ever, Whenever I miss someone, I will open my album and look at those memorable photographs. Sometimes, I type an e-mail just to pour all my heart out. I prefer to stay alone in my room, thinking of the sweet memories...
@mummymo (23709)
Well in my case sweets I try to be positive! I think of all the positives if I can - I remember all the good times we have shared and feel thankful for having the time that I did with them. That leaves me feeling lucky rather than upset! xxx
@blackbriar (9126)
I end up crying when I think about them cause they can never come back. Man how I miss my dad but I know he's watching over me and prolly yelling at me whenever I make a mistake. lol
@venshida (4839)
I telephone the person and let them no I was thinking about them. If it's someone that is deceased, sometimes I cry a little.
@derek_a (10903)
I just accept that I miss them and not try to bury the experience. I allow myself to feel whatever there is to feel. If there is somebody who is willing to listen, I will talk about it, but if they don't want to listen, I would not burden them with my woes :-)