Just when is the right time to give up?

Have you given up? What made you decide to finally give up? No matter how positive I am, I should admit that there are times I give up on something or on someone and that would be when I did everything I could and I still could find no positive results. Are there cases where in you eventually gave up on something or someone? What has been the situation?
@Sushicook (691)
• Sweden
I've given up a couple of times in my life, even though I mostly am very determined to stay until the end. The most important thing was my previous relationship. Me and my ex had been engaged for six months, but for a long time neither of us had been happy in eachothers company. As much as I had liked to keep on trying, I had to give up on the relationship in order to make both of us happy. It was the best decision in my life, since we are good friends today and a lot happier and more comfortable in eachothers company.
So sad. It was very similar to my story.
no, i haven't gave up on anything yet..not even on the worse part of my life i had experienced i never give in..but someday i will..give up on someone..h eis very difficult to be with now adays..he always pick up fights on me even if i didnt do anything..i'm starting to get tired now..it could be tomorrow or another tomorrow i will finally give up..he is just too much to handle now..
@derek_a (10902)
I don't think I give up so much as come to a decision that the path I am following is leading nowhere. I then stop what I am doing, spontaneously. If there is a slight chance that there is to be success, I will keep following the path. :-)
@linda021 (100)
until now i did not give up anything or anyone,i am very optimistic ,so i think everything is good ,and i do everything until end.
@izathewzia (5142)
For me, giving up should your last straw. You only have to do it when there is no other ways to succeed. Sometimes, even how hard we do it, still, the best thig to do is to give up. But it doesn't mean it is the end of it. There will come a time and a new chance where we can pursue to succeed.
I have recently gave up a 9 years relationship with my father"s daughter. For me, its already time to give up when you yourself can't see even a single drop of love from your partner because if I do I will still fight for that love but if there is no love at all, it is better to part ways!
@KrisNY (7591)
Giving up is a very hard decision- I don’t like to be a quitter- Most times I refuse to give up- no matter what it is- whether it be looking for a lost item- or trying to get a better job- I sing my daughter a song when she gets down- If at first you don’t succeed- try again- what kind of role model would I be- if I gave up … I strive to complete tasks. I can’t think of a time in my adult life where I have given up on something important to me- I might put the item on the back burner and come back to it later- but not given up completly.
I don't tend to give up on things or people. Now, I've had a few people in my life who walked away from me and it hurt a lot but I respected their wishes. I haven't stopped praying for those people and I trust God to restore those relationships that He feels should be restored. Sometimes, God removes people from our lives who aren't good for us and He usually tells me when He's about to do so and I prepare myself. That doesn't always mean that I like it but since He is God and knows a lot more than I do, I trust Him to do what is in my best interest. I tend to be a real fighter and when I care about something or someone, I'm like a bulldog and I just don't let go until things change. Of course, I also use prayer effectively to deal with the situation because I can't always say or do the right things and God knows how to deal with certain situations to turn them around. I've watched Him change my father and other people who I thought were beyond hope at times. In fact, several years ago when I first moved to L.A., there was a girl I worked with who was really nasty and I asked God to get her saved. I hadn't even learned how to effectively pray back then but about ten or twelve years later, I was on a bus and sat next to this girl who asked me if we knew each other. I didn't recognize her at all because she had a completely different demeanor. She told me her name and I knew who she was and we talked a few minutes and I told her that I had prayed for her back then. She admitted that she was a really ugly person when I knew her and I told her that she looked competely different. She looked like a new person. Amazing what God can do for someone. Anyway, that's my take.
I have given up number of times.when i have tried hard and still the thing is not working so just be quiet about it.whether its relationships or a situation or a dream
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Yes with my ex-husband before when I finally give up about our relationship. I can't really stands him for being so lazy thats why I finally decide to give up and live for my own and with my kids.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I have never given up on something I want. As far as people are concerned you can not make them do what you want. You also can not make them into something they are not. If you can not accept people for who and what they are no matter their faults, you must let them go and walk away. I accept the people around me for who they are and do not try to change them or make them do what I think they should. I have learned through years that you can only change yourself not other. I work hard to get what I want but I understand if I don't get it because it was not ment to be. I find that patience and persevirence usually pays off.
Yes, sometimes you have to show "tough love" I have two children..now 37 and 36..and the son ask me to pay for his divorce and I said 'NO" and I said i paid for his mother's divorce..(twice..once from her first husband and the one I had with her) and I was not paying for his as he went with Kelly my daughter in law..(and my wife and I loved her like a daughter()Well he found a "girlfriend" on the interntet and I told him..no way I was paying for his divorce..now he is like a stranger..no money ..no honey? my daughter has been married twice and married the tird time but she is also a stranger as she thinks of me as an ATM machine..so I told her I had a wife to think about besides..they were already adults..and have three children by two men..and married to a third? well there mother was married six times and still single..that is why I am glad I have the wife I have ..its been 22 years ..yestereday..July 12, somtimes you have to just cut your loses..as these people will bleed you dry..Yes, I have a responsibility..they have told me many times.but where is their responsiblility?
@mummymo (23707)
I try very hard to always resist the temptation to give up on anything or anyone - there is always hope and we have to stay positive! xxx
@kimthedane (1000)
• Denmark
No i dont do give up, i aint a quitter. I can be pretty close sometimes, but just before i do, my fighting spirit let me know that this is somehow always woth fighting for.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
I used to give up on myself ALL THE TIME....but that was very very long ago and before medication LOL...I've never been on to give up on others though even when I was at my worst/most depressed...its just not in my nature to give up on other ppl..I know how painful it is to be on the recieving end of that ya know and I could never do that to someone else.... Nowdays though, I never give up LOL I'm far too stubborn at this point in life LOL i may take a step back from a person or situtation for a time being but thats only for self preservation purposes and its very very rarely ever been for long periods of time....
@maddysmommy (16235)
Yup, gave up on a 7 year relationship that was not going anywhere. Was a hard decision to make but I had to do it and now I am so much more happier and content with my husband and my son!
@abroji (3247)
I am a man of peace and compromise. So I often give up to people on issues. If my giving up my stance will help the situation ease, I will probably give up. I have no prestige or adamance about such things. Amcable settlement of affairs is more important. Thank you hersmart4ever.