What's the biggest shock of your life

For me, that would be when one I had chicken pox while conceiving my youngest child. It happened 4 years ago. I was so afraid and was thinking It would affect the baby in my womb but I had been comforted after giving birth because I brought out a very healthy baby boy. Now, what was yours?
@ediths (115)
• Thailand
my biggest shock was when I was pregnant with my son. It was just my 7th month but whenI went to the hospital for my monthly check up, the doctor said I must stay in the hospital until I give birth because I have a high blood pressure. I suffed from pre-eclampsia and my baby could not grow inside my womb. But then that day, They told me to deliver because my BP was very high. I gave birth to 1 kilo baby, but thanks God, he is now big and has just celebrated his 1 year old birthday
Oh, that is wonderful!
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Proberly learning about having multiple sclrsosis reading up on it and then getting diagnosed finally.
That was indeed shocking. LOL. :)
@dbhattji (2507)
You must be very concerned then, for me the biggest shock was when I failed in the second year of college - although I was allowed to give that exam with the third year and did not waste any time - but just the thought of failure was a great shock. I was always a good student and that is the only time I failed.
@DanaMark (807)
The biggest shock of my life was when my sister phoned the day after my mother's birthday to say my mother was in the hospital with a brain aneurysm. They were life-flighting her to another hospital 100 miles away. My sister and father stopped by on their way and we went to the hospital together. When we got there the doctor said there wasn't anything they could do. Then we had to decide about taking off the life support system. We made that difficult decision and she lived only 10 more minutes. That was the biggest shock, and the most difficult decision I've ever been involved in.
Very sad. ANyway I am sure that she is better off where she is right now. No more pain. No more worries.
I had just moved in my new place from the shelter. I was in the shelter for over a year. MY luck I got a job at the diner on the corner from me. I met this man who was so cool. We became friends and he would come to my house I would also go to his house. His wife looked so much like me it was a shame. Well he had his own room and she had hers. They had beautiful kids. We never had a relationship just so you know. But,over time I started to like him. I never acted out on it. Well anyway my daughter was never to wear a dress without shorts ever. She could not sit on any mans lap. Or even ride on a mans shoulders or even his back. These are things that happened to violate me as a little girl. Well months later he started to watch her at his house. I thought his wife,his 2 sons,etc were home whats the harm. I was shocked one night when he went to touch her to say good night. She was under the covers crying. I was broke she was wanting some fake nails . So I scraped for the change $1.09 Bought the nails went back home. I said sweetie why were you crying? She said mommie those things uncle bobbie does to me. He should be in jail. I lost my everlasting mind. I thought of all that had happened to me and ran without shoes till I was blind from the street lights. I got my family and they went to talk to her. To have the doctors put a camera in my child's areas and hear her cry. I had to sit behind dark glass to watch her play with dolls that has our parts. It was awful. I was shock to no end to find this man had my child watching him release himself. She said it down to the color and all. Washing himself and all. He did not touch my daughter. The mental of it all still leengers when she sees someone who even looks like him.
Even if he did not touch her it was still disgusting. He should be crushed. That will leave trauma on the child.
@madhuraks (425)
• Kuwait
My biggest shock was when my dad left this world.Last year i got married on sunday & after exactly 15 days (2nd sunday) my dad passed.1st sunday i move to abroad with my husband & 2nd sunday we got the news that my dad passed by heart attack.when i got this news me & my husband were watching our marriage cd for 1st time & it became last time for me to watch that cd.I never touched it till now bcoz i cant see my dad walking around.I get very emotional when i think of the days with him.I miss him too much.He was a wonderful dad.
@stella1989 (2274)
Till today my biggest shock was getting failled in my 6th grade..!! :( I still hate that moment of my life..!! The FAILURE haunts me a lot..!!
@vonne28th (1494)
When my family discovered that my sister had a serious illness. We really felt sad and we felt so much pain.
@chertsy (3804)
The biggest shock of my life was in 1998, was being told that my brother was murdered in his own home. My world stoped, while at the same time everything around me kept going. My 2nd big shock was finding out I was pregnant with my 2nd the day before my 25th birthday. I pray to this day that I don't have anymore of these big shocks.
@pendragon (3352)
Probably hearing that my dad had cancer and there was nothing anyone could do about it.He passed away in '93, the initial shock was devastating,the rest we dealt with.
@kimthedane (1000)
• Denmark
It got to be when i, out of the blue, 18 month ago was informed that i had a 16 year old daughter, that i never heard of.
@heartsick (832)
The biggest shock of my life, was when i found out that my dad has another child aside from us.. That's the saddest thing ever happened to my life.. i can't help myself seeing my mom crying everynight.. ok i dont want to bring much something on this.. i want to forget it.. lol.. :)
Oh my word, that MUST have been scary. The biggest shock of my life? Probably when I was diagnosed with a rather bad disease. I never ever imagined it would be something I would ever face.