How do you take care of things with sentimental value

Letters - Love letters
I try my best to preserve the things I have with sentimental value. I would usually keep them inside a box. Even if they get damaged sometimes, I wont throw any of them away. I would still keep and treasure them. Believe it or not, most of these things dont have huge material value. Most of them are pieces of paper that contain sweet notes from my kids and friends. Some are greeting cards and snail mails. It was indeed true that when a person is important to you, you would value even the weeds he gives like they mean the world to you.
i do the same, even a candy wrapper i do admit i treasure much more if the one who used it was a special person of mine. I do have a many autographs of my favorite artist, and i keep it on my box. I called my box "The holy box..do not touch". My family used to teased me about it,and i don't know if they are not looking what are the things inside sometimes. I do have this handkerchief, actually its not mine, but it is from my crush, he drop it one time and he is not aware of it, so when he went away, i keep it. Until now i have the handkerchief, i just wash it and i never use it.
You have given your box one awesome name. Everyone would be afraid to touch it. LOL.
Woww.. that's cool. I think most girls have their own box of treasures right? That thing you did with your crush's handkerchief was really cute! :P
LOL, yes girls must have their holy box..and labelled it do not touch. Do i look weird by doing that, some of my friends says. But i never regret that, it gives me a happiness, i felt i was attached to that person. if only he knew. LOL.
@mean_queen (1713)
Yup, I keep everything in a box too. I've got silly stuff that I keep that's sentimental to me too like movie tickets, concert tickets, dried flowers, and a lot of other stuff. I have a huge chest that contains all the stuff from birthday cards to love letters. I'll always treasure it forever.. :) My own treasure chest. hehe..
I think most of those poems came from your suitors. Am I right? :)
Hehe.. you hit the spot~! ;D
@wiccania (3361)
I try to keep them in a box and out of harms way. There are some things that I just have to display, though. For instance, for a project in college, my brother made sculptures of the sign language alphabet with really neat "tie in" decorations. For example, the letter "S" was covered in silver sequins. The letter "D" was covered in dollar bills. The letter "B" was decorated to look like a brown bird. He did the entire alphabet. Half of the letters were given to friends and family as gifts. The other half were sold at a show in Philly. I have the letter "W" I prefer to display that than keep it stored away. But it has tremendous sentimental value.
You are really caring about things you value.
@josan181237 (1205)
One time my boyfriend gave me a basket of flowers. when they wilted I placed the dried petals in a translucent vase and added some marbles in it and other designs. I tied the gift card to the vase. I placed the vase in my room. It really looks pretty. I always keep things with sentimental value. =)
Tell me, that guy beside you on your avatar, was he the lucky guy? :)
• Saudi Arabia
Hi there, of course, there are love letters and trophies and many other things whose value isn't money but passion,, I keep them in a safe place at home.
That was really very neat. Thanks for posting.
@ESKARENA1 (18300)
I have a special box that i keep in the house with all my sentimental treasures in it. When I am feeling down i will often go get it out and look through the stuff, it generally lifts my spirit blessed be
That must be a treasure box then. Thanks for the post eskarena.
@blackbriar (9080)
I'm not much on sentimental values. However, the last B-day and Christmas card I got from my parents b4 dad passed on, I keep in my file box as well as his obituary. I have my bro-in-law's obit as well in the same place and now I'm starting to keep every B-day and Christmas card I get from my mom because one of these days, she won't be around either and I want to make sure I have her last cards to me b4 she passes on as well. That's about it.
But anyway, what's important is that you still keep them safe.
@Sushicook (691)
• Sweden
I am a lot like you. I keep letters and cards in a box, and old precious toys or stuffed animals I keep on display in the apartment or tucked away safely in a closet. None of this has any material value, but for me it's the most precious thing in the world.
That was very passionate.
@Ricko82 (585)
Im not sure what kind of weeds you meant here Herms... i hope it's not the illegal one, LOL... I'm not that good in keeping mementos, come to think of it, I can still learn a thing or two about taking care of stuff. Especially those that have sentimental values. And I'd like to add that I'm not that a sentimental person... LOL... But hey, if the thing is from you Herms... Im gonna keep it like it's the only thing I have... ;-) Keep safety....
Okay wait for the weeds Im sending you. Dont worry they are the legal ones. Be sure to treasure them like they mean the world to you. LOL. :)
@dbhattji (2507)
I friend of mine had given me a pocket mirror 20 years back that I have still preserved, I showed it my friend when we met after 20 years and just laughed at the fact that we are sentimental fools.
One of my friends gave me such mirror too. It was two sided. On one you would see your normal look. On the other side you will see yourself magnified. Its very useful when you want to check on some pimples on your face a little closer.
@horsesrule (1960)
I am like you, even if something that is meaningful gets damaged, I won't throw it away. I have a small plush cat figure that my dad brought to me when I was a little girl and he came back from the war [he was in the US Navy]. As an adult, I tried to wash the cat and it disintegrated. I cried and cried and then put the "remains" in a plastic bag and I still have it.
That was sad. Im glad the remains are still there but it could have better if the plush act was still a whole.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi hersmatr4ever! I do have a lot of those treasured keepsakes in a box that is hidden in my closet. I value them and I get to see them once in awhile just to remember those people that once shared a very special part of my life. Have a nice day and take care!
@lizeri (533)
I also keep them in a box. But if it is more of paper, then I use a clearbook and I arrange it there according to date. I put labels so that somehow it would help me remember when I got such thing and what made it special to me. If it is an SMS, I write it on a notebook so that it won't bulk my inbox and that I could have something to mingle about that person who sent me the message.
i am a very sentimental person... i do keep things that i consider important. all things with sentimental value, no matter how simple and inexpensive these things are, are kept in a box. from time to time, i check my "treasures" to make sure that they are in good condition.
@jennybianca (12915)
I try to look after sentimental items. We have quite a few. My late husband had items from his grandparents. This included a travelling box, one of those storage boxes. We have two. They have from the Saratoga period, which is 1880. Of more recent items, I have a very large box where I store my daughters drawings & other works from primary school. I have some very old photos. One of them is of the last King & Queen of Fiji, which is in a very old frame. I get worried aboput some of these very old belongings.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I do put them in a box so that even my children can saw and can used it again if it is not already damage. But some of my things that are have a sentimental valus are letters and flowers that I dreied and put it on a book or notebook. I have some books to from my friends in high school.
@stephcjh (32328)
I save some of my sentimental things in a box also. I have some of those things in a locked file cabinet also. I also have one item I have on display in my home but I am very protective of it. We also have home security so we are protected when we are not at home also because we have been robbed 3 times already.
@heartsick (832)
Just like you, i preserve anything that has sentimental value, aside from collecting letters from my friends.. and when someone give me gifts on some special occasion, i take care of it as if there are my treasures.. and i think they really are.. its so nice to reminice the past everytime you see the or letters that your friends gave you.. :)
@gr8life (6253)
Hello hersmart4ever, I always keep all my things with a sentimental value in special boxes. I agree with you that when a person is important, we would value everything that comes from that person. I keep most of my letters, cards, gifts and all my belongings that have its own sentimental value. Among the things in my collection are a watch from my dad who passed away 9 years ago, the first ring I got from my parents when I was 10 years old (for passing my exam with flying colors), my first set of color pencils when I was in a primary school, a pair of small scissors bought by my late brother for me when I was just 7 years old and also a name tag for me and my baby when I gave birth to him almost a year ago! Even though they have not much value in today's world, I still treasure them so much. I brought all the boxes with me when I moved in to our new house after getting married.
That is so sweet of you I am not into all that. It seems like my daughter is like you. I write her letters and she wants to save them. I don't collect paper at all. Roaches love paper and,I can't stand them. I started a scrapbook when my daughter was about 3. We do this scrapbook together. She does not know it yet. The scrapbook it for her when she has her first child. This way she can continue to scrapbook with her little one. I have my daughters hand prints from day care. I laminated them to add to the book. I have her teethe she lost along the way. I have not had anything damaged so I can't really say. I have a gone with the wind plate for her. I had it since she was 4 so it's in the original box. We just leave it on the top of the closet.