Mother and Toddler Kicked off Plane

What would you have done? Who do you think was being unreasonable mother or flight attendant? http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=49750&cl=3323437&ch=68276&src=news
Based on what I saw in that link, the flight attendant was definitely in the wrong. If she had just been patient the child would have moved on to something else, a different phrase. Of course more information may come out. I gather that the people around were not disturbed by the child, and that they also state that there were no threats made. A person who works in the public should learn to be tolerant of the public she is serving.
Here is a news link for the story: http://www.foxnews.com/st...
@babykay (2133)
The flight attendant has got something wrong with her, mentally. Possibly she was having a very bad day on top of being a psycho. She should not be working with the general public. The toddler was only saying bye bye plane for goodness sake...poor little boy.
@mummymo (23707)
OMG is this for real? That flight attendant really needs to get some psychiatric help! I have flown with my kids when they were toddlers and they don't shut up - they are excited, it is natural and they talk , shout, sing non-stop! - it is what they do! If they are being really loud of course you will try to quiet them down for the sake of other passengers but in this case it couldn't have been that bad as the passengers backed the mother and toddler! That flight attendant needs to re-examine her priorities and if something as trivial as this upsets her so much she should under no circumstances be working with the public - okay we can all have a bad day but not to that extent!
@mummymo (23707)
I forgot to add that I would only ever give my children medication if they really need it and never to shut them up or make them sleep - the fact that the flight attendant even suggested giving the toddler dtugs simply because his chatting was irritating her is disgraceful and should be a disciplinary matter on its own! I hope she isn't a mother ,I would hate to think what she would do if her own toddler chattered non stop ,as they are prone to do!
She would probably give her own kids (if she has any) a bottle of cough medicine to shut them up
@mummymo (23707)
I am going to try and follow this story honey - I cannot believe that a sane person who should be in a position of authority in an emergency situation can act like this cos a baby's chattering annoys her! xxx
@Eskimo (2317)
I couldn't get this to play, so don't know the complete story, but sometimes Airhostesses get too full of their own importance, afterall they are now just glorified sales persons. If they get upset by a kid just repeating 'Bye,Bye Plane' then there must be something seriously wrong with the hostess. Why would she remain near the kid on the plane anyway - just to cause trouble? Of course there may be another side to the story as well, so really need to know whe she was like that in the first place.
Here is a new link for the story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289119,00.html
@Lakota12 (42684)
My word kids are kids and kids do repeat and repeat stuff the flight attendant needs a course in child care or something. I feel for this woman I would sue them and get my money back plus damages done . It dosent say where she was going or why . And to offer Benadril was way out of line of course the mom isnt going to do that. The flight attendent needed a chill pill herself.
She does indeed need a chill pill.
@sunshinecup (7881)
Well if the other passengers were really backing her up, she should have no problem suing the pants off them. Hopefully she can get them as a witness. If I was there, she would have had my info before getting off the plane. It's hard to really say though because it was a one sided story, I really don't know for sure. If it did happen the way the mother said, the flight attendant needs her butt handed to her. Of course I would have done that myself the minute she suggesting "Baby Benadryl".
Here is a new link for the story: http://www.foxnews.com/st...
@jennybianca (12914)
I couldn't fully view the video clip, but I got the gist of it. It would seem that this flight attrenbdant has no idea of how very youn children behave. I would suspect that she doesn't have children herself. Really, these people in public positions should be trained in how to deal with a variety of situations. The other has a good case.
@Stiletto (4584)
Well if it happened exactly the way the mother says then it seems ludicrous behaviour from the flight attendant but I can't help thinking there must be more that happened. I mean it seems such a disproportionate reaction and I'm sure the flight attendant must be accustomed to having children on flights - whether she likes them very much or not! Having said that we had an incident locally just a few months ago where a bus driver threw a woman off the bus because her 2 month old baby wouldn't stop crying!
I saw this one, and I don't think it was warranted at all. The little bit that I read indicated that the flight attendant was very rude and very impatient. The problem could have be handled in a different way I think.
@cynddvs (2950)
Well it's hard to tell when we weren't on the flight with them. The way the news describes it sounds like the child was innocently saying "bye bye plane". I mean obviously the child isn't going to cause the plane to crash by saying this. And I'm sure he would have calmed down once the plane left. And it doesn't sound like he was screaming out of control so for the flight attendant to tell the woman to give her child bendryl to make her child sleep is just rude. I would have been very offended had I been that mother. But at the same time I understand that other passengers don't want to be around a loud child on their flight. But people need to realize that these are public flights including children and sometimes their odds are going to be against them and they might be on a flight with an upset child.
According to the news the passengers were not complaining but defending. Here is a news link for the story: http://www.foxnews.com/st... .
@devilsangel (1817)
Oh I think I'd be in jail right now for kicking that flight attendants a$$. The moment she would have told me to "shut my kid up" I would have knocked her the hell out. There is a line you just don't cross with a parent and she seriously jumped the damn thing.