Rules of offering your phone number

Should you ever offer a guy your phone number, even if they didn't ask for it? Would it make the woman appear over-aggressive. Would it spoil the thrill of the chase? If you get that vibe from a guy that they are interested, is it ok to just offer your phone number to them to help them along? I guess I know some women that would do that...and I don't know how they are perceived by the guy. I'm thinking, if they are interested...they'd would just ask. Right?
@wooitsmolly (3613)
Some guys are too shy to ask for a girl's number. I personally wouldn't go around giving out my number, but I also have a boyfriend, so I guess he wouldn't want that either :P I think it's okay for a girl to do whatever she wants in that situation, but not to expect the guy to call her just because she gave it out.
I think giving away your phone number should be with caution.There is every possibility for a misuse especially when it is a gal's phone.If she is beautiful the risk is doubled.So those who give their phone numbers take care to insure themselves against possible defamation.
Yes I agree with you .. we girls need to be careful about this.
@I_LUV_U (2519)
No, that will not make the woman appear over-aggressive. The guy would feel hapy instead. Because you would seem different to him when compared to the other women who usually refuse to give their phone number. The guy will be delighted. But you should be knowing him before you give him your phone number. Not to everyone whom you feel like giving your number If you really know someone better and you are sure to have understood him well, then you should not not hesitate to offer him your phone number. There is no such rules that men should ask and women should give. Some men are too shy/reserved to ask, keep that in mind. However, i would not advice you to give it to online friends, no matter how close they are. I heard in the news that some guys ask girls' phone numbers and threaten them after they give it. Also don't give your personal information to anybody online.
@subathra (3519)
I have never given my phone number or my mobile number when they dont ask.Only if they ask any if they are my friend or whether i like them to make friendship i offer my number so that i can continue my communication with them to build a healthy friendship. Actually its ones own decision to offer ther number to a guy and this depends on many things.Like you say when he is interested to keep in touch with us he can ask us.I offer my number only in this way.
again, i dont do this ever! its very cheap thing to do and i am not that frustrated for me to do the first act.. that is just not me, if a guy would love to hang out they can ask the number but i will not give them the number myself.. honestly i dont know how to give out my number to anybody..even if they ask for it, they will sure be having hard time and yet they get nothing from me,.
Hey my girl friend, gave her number to me, whithout i ask for her.. she is of nice good character, but talks a lot.... Sometimes this makes me worry.. why i got her number....lol Hey , my GF gave me her number without being asked for it,Ofcourse it happened long time back, though it is nice,sometimes i feel...she talks a lot.. and continues to talk..lol: chatter box..lol..... But she is of a good character.. She will narrate each and every incident that she is involved, in and out..to me..
@dpk262006 (56148)
It is for the females to answer. But I would like to add one thing...that it is matter of faith and understanding and belief....if a females thinks that the guy on the other side is trustworthy (she will have to use her own yardstick to determine that) than the phone number may be given.
@indiavani (865)
Hello! I never give my mobile/phone number to a guy unless he asks for it. Also, I don't give my mobile/phone number to guys without knowing them. If I feel he is interested in me, then also I don't give my mobile/phone number to him unless he asks for it & at the same time I too should feel like giving him the number...vani ^_^
@Mitraa (3188)
Phone number must be given to a guy only after confirmation of communication for further activities. Now-a-days, E-mail address I think is playing a major role for this purpose and text communication I think is more vital than conversation through phone. Thanks.
@liyan97 (2128)
• Northern Mariana Islands
Well I have never offered a guy my phone number unless he has approached me asking for it. It all depends I guess, some of my friends do offer a guy their number before the guy actually begins to show interest and most of the time it does work out for them. But personally I wouldn’t! I guess it because I think it would be uncomfortable if he never called and I met him again…lol I also do not accept any guys phone number! If he is interested in me then he will approach me and ask for my number, if he approaches me and slips me his number, I wouldn’t call…but then again that is a totally different discussion…lol
@asahibza (388)
I don't like giving away phone numbers without asking and if I do not feel comfortable. It has the danger of getting nasty calls and at wrong times. I am not that secretive with my life, but I want to limit myself only to that much as I can easily carry along with.
@kaplya (1578)
i think i would wait for him to ask for my number rather than giving out myself!:) i don't know how they would perceive it..but even if they are too shy to ask i should rather wait till they manage courage enough to ask my number;)