remedy for severe headache....

headache - head ache, its been bothering me
@Zelmarq (11503)
Cebu City, Philippines
I ope you mylotters could give me suggestions on how to get rid of this severe head ache that I have been expereincing for the past three days. I just recovered from a fever from rashes and now I am having headache spells that has been affecting me and my work behavior. I dont like it its really making me unconfortable.
@wooitsmolly (3613)
This is going to sound really silly BUT I am prone to getting headaches very easily. If ibuprofen doesn't work to get rid of it I will use this technique: Press on the soft skin between the thumb and pointer finger of my hand with my other thumb and pointer finger. Just apply pressure and kind of move my hand around in a circle. I have on idea why it works but I think I read it somewhere once.. and it works for me! I think part of it might be mental. Because I think it will work it does. But it's worth a shot, I guess!
I remember seeing that somewhere. It's an acupuncture pressure point. It does work!
Okay, good then I'm not crazy.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you my friend, i will try it. How many minutes will I do this procedure?
@melanie652 (2525)
Have you been to the doctor to be tested for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever? It's a disease you can get from a tick bite. All of the symptoms you just described fit that disease. I don't know where you live, but it's a problem in the United States. My hubby just went to the doctor earlier this week with many of the same symptoms plus a very, very suspicious tick bite from a week or so ago. The doctor pulled blood to check for lyme disease and rocky mtn spotted fever. She's also started him on tetracycline based antibiotics. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever can be fatal by the way. If you don't live in the U.S. and the above diseases are not in your country, I still urge you to go to the doctor right away. Something is going on I don't think you should fool around with.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I live in the Philippines, I already checkd with my doctor thrice but thye have not seen anything with blood tests and urine tests and all. I will try to have a talk with my doctor about this case.
The tests for the tick diseases aren't always very accurate. I don't know on the Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, but for Lyme disease it's only about 60% accurate. I had Lyme Disease about 1 1/2 yrs ago. The test came back negative, but the dr treated me for Lymes based on my symptoms at my insistence. I'm glad he listened to me because I did get better. It took a long time though. Be persistent with your doctor! I also spent alot of time googling my symptoms, plus having a friend that had had lymes and understood my symptoms, I felt confident in pursuing the lymes diagnosis. Best of luck to you and I hope you get to feeling better soon.
THere is a type of massage that I use to remedy my headache but I cannot demonstrate it here. YOu can press the center part of your forehead, the cetral top part of your head and the sides of your head which is located one inch above the ears.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thanksmy friend, I will also try you suggestions. Hope you have a nice day.
@ryanphil01 (4186)
Headaches can develop for a number of reasons usually they can be related to some obvious cause such as sinusitis, eyestrain, fatigue or tension. The majority of the headaches are due to stress or worries with muscle spasms in the neck leading to headache. One home remedy is to crush onion and apply the paste on the head. Try some Acupressure, like its ancient Chinese relative acupuncture, acupressure, promotes healing throughout the body stimulating channels of energy known as meridians. Acupressure relies on fingertips to do the probing. For general pain of headaches, here is a two-handed treatment: 1. With one hand, press the shallow indention in the back of the head at the base of the skull. 2. Simultaneously, with the thumb and forefinger of the other hand, press firmly into the upper hollow of the eye socket, right where they straddle the bridge of the nose and meet the “t” of the eyebrow bridge. Press softy at first, then more firmly and hold. Administer for three to five minutes (for an average headache). Repeat as needed throughout the day. According to massage therapists, if your head is pounding, use your fingertips to push on the very top of your skull. Using this technique will help to relieve pressure and pain associated with a tension headache. Press the area for 30 seconds, three times in a row, while breathing deeply. Source: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art37094.asp Wearing a magnet necklace really works for headaches I would of never believed it if I had not tried it myself.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you for this helpful tip i will try this and I hope this would work. God bles and have a nice day.
@beauty_ph (2751)
Did you take some pain relievers for your headache? Try to consult another doctor. I think its best to have a second opinion since you have fever before this. If you start to vomit it might involve your eyes. I also encountered the same problem. I started wearing glasses while taking medicines to relieve the pain. I stopped vomitting and my headache was gone. I took vitamins a&d to cure the problem. Now I get rid from hassle glasses. Try to get rid from reading now to lessen your headache. I hope you get well soon. God bless!
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Hello my friend, I already consulted my doctor and I dont like the idea of wearing glasses. I might look like a genius .LOL
@Madona1 (2099)
• Gibraltar
Sometimes I will get headache (Migraine) too due to sleeping disorder, spending long hours in front of the computer or before my period. Once I have it, it really disturb as I cannot do my regular work or think correctly. Normally I will take Panadol or Nurofen that will relief my pain and syndrome. I don’t know you can find these two types of remedies in your place or not. Hopefully you can find them and give it a try. Get well soon!
@dfollin (12777)
This is also.I have insomnia problems and that may be the cause of my migraines.Also just before and during my period I get bad headaches and body pain and take Midol then.
@touchnshine (2821)
try acupuncture. holisticonline.com has info. try ayurvediccure.com 4 alternative options. try chopra.org. he inspires. try painfoundation.org. ecureme.com, try frosty_land@hotmail.com. this guy knows homeopathic stuff. and try drinking lots of water. reduce intake of caffeine and sugar. plus walking and music helps.apply vicks top painful areas. get a cat scan and more teast done. check to see if it has to do with sinuses. check myhomeremedies.com, contact the national headache foundation at 274 312 2653
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
yes,i have tried drinking lot and lots of water but when its really painful i take paracetamol.
@kyutstudph (1263)
Aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine also are available combined in OTC analgesics for the treatment of headaches. Examples of such combination analgesics are Pain-aid, Excedrin, Fioricet, and Fiorinal. Finding an effective analgesic or analgesic combination often is a process of trial and error because individuals respond differently to different analgesics. In general, a person should use the analgesic that has worked in the past. This will increase the likelihood that an analgesic will be effective and decrease the risk of side effects.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Yes, my doctor said that i should use paracetamol than drinking phenyl propanalamine which could have adverse effects in our body.
@smileonstar (4013)
well, you should go to see the doctor. headache could be serious problem, and it never last long like this... 3 days? wow, that is really bad. I hate headache. Sometimes you think too much, or may be the weather is too hot or you have too much stress on your mind. try to relax and take a lot of water, shower when you need it. If you want to take medicine you should take it every 6 hour a part. If the medicine doesn't help then you have to go to see the doctor. Dont keep it too long, it is not good for you.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Hello smile, I already consulted the doctor and Im just glad Im ok now. I didnt do anything, I just took much water and tried water therapy and it did work. Maybe it was just some stress that was now gone. I also hate headaches.
@Marie2473 (8519)
• Sweden
Are you a coffiedrinker? Is there something that u have quit doing that maybe your bosy is craving? I hate headaches and therefor when I get one I will have an asprin of some kind. I also think that drinking ALOT of water usually helos me out. And how strange - but also coffie. Maybe it is the caffein that makes it go away! *lol*
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
No i am not a coffee drinker. I am the only person that does not drink coffee in our department. I just enjoy smelling their coffee and im only until there and nothing more.
These could also be from migraines and you think its a headache. This could be a result from the warm air and you could be affected by being dehydrated. I would try and get some excedrin migraine formula and try to keep hydrated. If that doesnt work then i would definately consult my doctor.
well 1st of all get off ur pc for some days. i think u spending way too much time on d net. then try taking as disprin if u still dont feel better get urself checked by a good dr.
@TerryZ (22083)
When I get a headache which is not very often. I will lay down in a dark room and put a cold rag on my head. Then put it behind my neck. Remember always keep the rag cold. I will take some tylenol or asprin for it too. Hope your headache goes awyay.
@dfollin (12777)
The best thing that I found as far has medicine is Excedrin Migraine.But a doctor I did have said that it will make my blood pressure go up.So,now Iam just sticking with Tylenol Extra Strength.It is allright,except I get migraines,so the other works better for me.As far as non medicine forms of headache relief it is good to sit in the dark with it quit or listen to meditating music.