What is your birthstone?

What is your birthstone? Do you like it, do you wear it. Does it make you feel special? Mine is Peridot for August. I actually never liked it much or wore it, until recently I found some really nice peridot and now I love it.
hwllo melissaruth1, i am born in the month of june.so accordingly my birthstone is pearl.but according to my zodiac its emerald.i love gems and stones but never had a chance to wear all of them.i believe that stones are meant to wear for some specific purpose as they tend to have some effect on our life..and i didn't have any purpose to wear it unless out of fashion reasons. i like wearing diamonds,pearls and rubys.but occasionally as jewellery for fashion but not permanently. and its obvious that wearing jewellery makes everybody feel special and i am no exception.
I thought alexandrite was the birthstone for june. It is one of my all time favorite gemstones. I am esp fond of pearls as well, colored ones mostly. I love my jewelry, and it is even more special because I create and make it myself. I have tons of loose gemstones and they are fun to look at and learn about them.
I was born in June, too, and you're right, June does have more than one birthstone. They are alexandrite, pearl, and moonstone. I like all three, so it works for me :) Although I really like my three birthstones, and all three I can wear with almost anything, with perhaps the exception of alexandrite, I don't like having a birthday in June. It seems like it's a busy time, or we're traveling, or no one is around to celebrate with, so it's just never been a whole lot of fun having a birthday in June. But the three awesome birthstones I like a whole lot!
That is true those are all some lovely stones. I think my other one is carnelian which iu like very much too, i dont own any though, because i want the natural unheated kind and it is almost impossible to find it
@foxyfire33 (10017)
Mine is Ruby for July. It's not really my favorite, I much prefer September's blue Sapphire. If I were to ever get a "Mother's ring" with my children's birthstones it would be very interesting...one turquoise or blue topaz, one ruby, one peridot, one aquamarine, one diamond, and one yellow topaz. Let's see that means it would have two turquoise or blue stones, one red one, one light green one, a yellow one and the diamond. Very colorful LOL
Another July baby. I like sapphire too. I am a gem geek I really like most gemstones, the more rare the more I like them. Yes that would be a very colorful piece of jewelry and quite lovely. I just made for a friend of mine that I work with a grandmothers cross pendant. She has 7 grandchildren, and couldnt find a ring that would hold that many stones of any size. She loves it and I was so glad to do it for her.
11 children, bless her heart
@Zelmarq (11507)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I am born on the month of love; february and my birthstone is amethyst. I have no jewel that is made of amethyst coz I dont know whwere to find hem but I am trying to look for one.
What country are you from? I make jewelry and give as gifts or sell on ebay or ecrater. If you would wish me to make you a amethyst ring or whatever you like email me at melissaruede@yahoo.com and I will give you details. My sister was born in feb also
@ddlaurie (132)
Mine is a ruby for July and yes I wear it. Happy birthday in august. I love the color red and also the color purple so I also where Feburary's stone to.
Ah yes the majestic ruby. My son and husband are both rubies. I love ruby but am a little fussy. I only want nice rubies and they are oh so expensive. Thanks for the pre birthday wish. Your's is this month some time, so best wishes to you as well. I am not a big fan of amethyst, but I know so many people love it.
@gigades (35)
Mine is Sapphire, but i don't wear it
Do you not like it? Sapphire is one of the most precious gemstones on the market today.
@daryljane (3439)
month of august : peridot. Ei, you know what, its my bday tomorrow and the gift i got from my mom is a set jewelry with my brithstone in it, i am so happy!
What a lovely gift to receive. My birthstone is also peridot, and my children got me a pair of peridot earrings for my birthday. Best wishes and happy birthday
@wdiong (1818)
I was born in May. As the birthstone for May, the emerald, a symbol of rebirth, is believed to grant the owner foresight, good fortune, and youth. Emerald, derived from the word smaragdus, meaning green in Greek, was mined in Egypt as early as 330 B.C. Today, most of the world’s emeralds are mined in Colombia, Brazil, Afghanistan, and Zambia.
Both my daughter and my sister share the same birthstone as you. I like the emeralds from zambia best they have nice darker coloring.
@Bujoyseth (1684)
my birthstone is Emerald for the month of May... i like wearing my earring with an emerald stone. i juts love its color.. it's cool to the eyes.. here some facts about myy birthstone: Emeralds are fascinating gemstones. They have the most beautiful, most intense and most radiant green that can possibly be imagined: emerald green. Inclusions are tolerated. In top quality, fine emeralds are even more valuable than diamonds. The name emerald comes from the Greek 'smaragdos' via the Old French 'esmeralde', and really just means 'green gemstone'. Innumerable fantastic stories have grown up around this magnificent gem. The Incas and Aztecs of South America, where the best emeralds are still found today, regarded the emerald as a holy gemstone. The green of the emerald is the colour of life and of the springtime.
Thanks for the very interesting info. My sister and daughter are both emeralds for their birthstones. I like emeralds, but they are a bit expensive exp for a nice one.
@lani0529 (1726)
Emerald - The green of life and of love

The green of the emerald is the colour of life and of the springtime, which comes round again and again. But it has also, for centuries, been the colour of beauty and of constant love. In ancient Rome, green was the colour of Venus, the goddess of beauty and love. And today, this colour still occupies a special position in many cultures and religions. Green, for example, is the holy colour of Islam. Many of the states of the Arab League have green in their flags as a symbol of the unity of their faith. Yet this colour has a high status in the Catholic Church too, where green is regarded as the most natural and the most elemental of the liturgical colours.

The magnificent green of the emerald is a colour which conveys harmony, love of Nature and elemental joie de vivre. The human eye can never see enough of this unique colour. Pliny commented that green gladdened the eye without tiring it. Green is perceived as fresh and vivid, never as monotonous. And in view of the fact that this colour always changes somewhat between the bright light of day and the artificial light of a lamp, emerald green retains its lively vigour in all its nuances.
Hello melissaruth!(",) I was born on May that makes my birthstone Gemini. Here is something about my birthstone. The green of life and of love The green of the emerald is the colour of life and of the springtime, which comes round again and again. But it has also, for centuries, been the colour of beauty and of constant love. In ancient Rome, green was the colour of Venus, the goddess of beauty and love. And today, this colour still occupies a special position in many cultures and religions. Green, for example, is the holy colour of Islam. Many of the states of the Arab League have green in their flags as a symbol of the unity of their faith. Yet this colour has a high status in the Catholic Church too, where green is regarded as the most natural and the most elemental of the liturgical colours. The magnificent green of the emerald is a colour which conveys harmony, love of Nature and elemental joie de vivre. The human eye can never see enough of this unique colour. Pliny commented that green gladdened the eye without tiring it. Green is perceived as fresh and vivid, never as monotonous. And in view of the fact that this colour always changes somewhat between the bright light of day and the artificial light of a lamp, emerald green retains its lively vigour in all its nuances. As of the moment, I have no piece of jewelry that has emerald on it but I would like to purchase one when I have the money.(",)
Both my daughter and my youngest sister were born in May. They both are emerald birthstones. I make gemstone jewelry so when you wish to get a birthstone piece, keep me in mind.
@artemis432 (7396)
Mine is diamond and I find them rather boring and plus there is so much bloodshed around the diamond industry and corruption. I love the richer colours, peridot - beautiful - green, ruby, emerald - even opal. My mom once bought me a necklace with a diamond it was very beautiful and delicate but she put conditions on it. I had a best friend whom I shared everthing with as a pre-teen and she said I couldn't lend it out. She was respectful and took care of her things and things lent to her. Now I'm not sure if I would have but the fact that she told me I couldn't felt to me like it wasn't really mine. I 'accidently' lost it when it fell off one day - I always wonder if it was unconsiously purposeful as it never really felt like mine. I never missed it.
I am not a big fan of diamonds either. I like blue and nice yellow ones, but they are so expensive they are out of my budget. They are valuable however and like gold, diamonds are a good investment choice, even if you dont ever wear them
@3lilangels (4639)
my bithstone is blue topaz/blue zircon for december.i love the color because blue is my favorite color.i have a few items of jewelry that are my birthstone and are so pretty.yes it does make me feel special because my husband bought it for me and my babies,so it has very special meanings to wear them.
I must be partial to blue, becasue I own a variety of blue gemstones.
My birth stone is the garnet. This works out for me since my favourite colour is red. I was born on January 30th. I have some really nice garnet jewellery, including a couple of rings, and a bracelet.
Did you know that garnet comes in every color except blue? Green garnet called tsavorite garnet and mandarin garnet are very love and collectible. My mothers is a garnet as well