Raising money!

Ok, I'm offically kicking off my campaign running for the position of upper lower middle class struggling to make ends meet Momma. In order to continue in my campaign it will be necessary for me to raise $207.45 to outfit my children in the uniforms mandated by their schools. Additional funds will need to be raised in order to buy thier shoes and supplies. All of this must be accomplished by the August cutoff date of the 8th in order to stay in the race for this position. Contributions are limited to $1.00 per individual or $50.00 by any corporate sponsors. There will be a special fund raising beef stew supper held in the next few weeks at a cost of $3.00 per person or $5.00 per couple. We realize that this is an obsencely expensive price to ask people to pay for a supper of stew and boring speeches by yours truly, but if you really care about the growing number of people who cannot afford cell phones, internets or mini-vans we urge you to attend. My campaign is also seeking volunteers, to cook, mow, garden, paint, wash, wax and just deal in general with the vast number of tiresome and unthanked chores facing this campaign on a daily basis. Before contributing time or money to my campaign, please be aware that if elected to this position it is my intention to ignore the little guy, vote myself a raise, and generally take any and all advantages that come with my new position. Thank you for your support. (Okay, so is this any sillier than listening to how much assorted candidates for the presidency have come up with when you can't figure out how to strecth $100 over 125 worth of bills?) And really wouldn/t you like to vote yourself a raise??
@foxyfire33 (10017)
You are so awesome! Tthat was great. Can I be your running mate? I know exactly where you're coming from though. All the various canidates will never understand because it's not likely that any of them have ever really been in our shoes.
Absolutely, I have merely been waiting for some other downtrodden person to step forwad. However, do be aware that I fully expect our adversries to rack our backgrounds over the coals and bring up any dirt they found. You know like the time taht I wrote on the desk in third grade.