Associated Content Going Under?

With the RSS feed sales, lower article offers, changes in staff, new CEO.. I'm starting to worry about my security in making money at Associated Content. Then on top of that I'm not getting offers like I should be at all. Do you think Associated Content is going under or will be around for a long time?
I suspect that a lot of what you mention is tied to the increased numbers of people who are writing for AC. If they get say 20 new authors a day, but only one new reader, then they will have a lot less money to spread around between those authors than they would if things were the opposite way (fewer new authors and more new readers). I doubt that AC will go under, but I think that a trend towards lower prices may drive away a lot of authors. If that is the case, then things will probably run in cycles. When a lot of authors leave, AC will have more money to pay the remaining authors, who will then tell everyone how great AC is, and the site will be flooded with new authors again. I've been writing for AC for quite a while now, and the only way I would give up completely is if they stopped paying for articles altogether.
@noah2413 (405)
Ever thought maybe now they have so many new users that they need to find funding to pay all of them? There are so many articles and videos on AC, so i don't think they're going to close down. Maybe one could just wait until they shape up, i'm certain they will.
@kareng (7980)
Good question and I've wondered what was going on myself. I used to love the site and was always checking in several times a day until the last couple of months. It seems that every time I log in there is a change and not one for the better. Offers are down...way down. You are doing good to get $5.00 out of them now. I haven't been spending much time there after I had several articles rejected for payment. I don't know if boycotting the site will help or not but I'm not going to be putting in too much of my time there in the days to come unless some things go back to the way they used to be.
Really makes you wonder sometimes. I'm extremely frustrated at the moment. I have articles that still haven't been reviewed and no response from the admin. :-(
@MGarcia (331)
I only signed up on associated content a little over a week ago. Submitted an article just to see what the site was all about. The fact that it was accepted did get me a bit excited. You guys are starting to make me nervous with all of your posts about how it has been changing. I hope they don't go down after I've just found it.
@babostwick (2037)
I never really knew about that in the 1st place. I guess it's become a down cycle or something like that. Hopefully it will get back to normal. I guess now they're being more specific as far as offers go. I really don't know what else to say. I'm just trying to figure that out and it has been hit or miss. As long as they keep paying, I think it'll work out. Sometimes it's best to get at least some money than none at all. Hopefully it'll be ok and everything will be work itself out in the end. I don't think the site is going to go away. I think that for every down there is an up.
@morgandrake (2140)
Well, with the type of stuff that I focus mainly on getting such low page views there, AC is not a great concern of mine. I wasn't fond of the "no repackaging" memo that they recently sent out--basically everything worth writing about gets covered by the big boys in media, so now they have an excuse to not pay for anything. Of course, that may just be my paranoia talking. What I think is going on there, and many other places on the web, is that they are learning that people are willing to provide material for much less than what they originally estimated. That and their profit margain wasn't where they wanted it to be. Hence we are watching a market readjustment going on. As a writer, it hurts. But it was predictable. Just like the print market, the internet market can offer extremely low rates because there are always new writers eager to get that first byline on their resume.
@peavey (16600)
I don't think Associated Content is going under, but they probably are beginning to saturate the market with certain types of articles. They'll be fine tuning for awhile, I suspect, and that means they'll be looking for certain other types of articles, checking keyword density and so on.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Well, I was wondering the same thing, and this is why I started the recent Associated Content topic of discussion on here the other day myself. I have been getting Rejects from a lot of my stuff that I know before would have been accepted, and not sure why. And it does take a lot longer it seems for them to say they are going to accept the offer or not as well. It could be the end or getting there just like what happens in a lot of other sites as well, so you never know. But look at this site too... I have seen a major decrease in the amount they pay here also, so AC is far from the only site.
@ArsonCuff (3121)
I have not seen anything to indicate a swing one way or the other, I still get my offers just fine and timely. Of course with making money on the internet the old saying "nothing lasts forever" seems true a lot of the time
@AnythngArt (3304)
Very few things last forever on the Internet. You just have to jump on and ride them till they stop being successful and are replaced by something else. I have seen this happen time and again on the Internet. The offers at AC have gone way down from when I first started, with a lot more rejections. I just keep an eye out for other possibilities. Don't put all your writing eggs in one basket!