Michael Vick Indicted for running illegal dog fighting ring

The details of this case were very gruesome, cruel and inhumane. Rape stands where dogs were forced to breed, dogs electrocuted, beaten to death or drowned if they did not win a competition. I am not a animal rights activist, but these allegations are truly disgusting. I dont think any company or team should want to be affiliated with this man.
@KrisNY (7592)
Yes I agree- but we must remember that he is innocent until proven guilty- I am sure we have not heard all of the evidence yet- I'm not saying he is not involved- because he probably is- but I don't think his team should desert him yet- until he is proven guilty- Although they did tell him to stay away from training camp.
Im not sure I agree with that. The feds dont just indict someone without alot of evidence. They have like a 90 percent conviction rate. Now they may just be putting the squeeze on him to make him squeel on his cronies, but I dont think so. My question is why would someone who makes as much money as he does need to run a illegal anything ring to make lots of money.
@sell445 (64)
If Mike Vick had any kind of hand in this dog fighting thing, I hope he goes to jail for a long time.
If animal rights groups, such as PETA get involved, I am sure he will do jail time
@inked4life (4227)
I live in the Atlanta area and the whole city is going crazy with this story. They did a poll today on one of the local news channels and right now it's pretty much split down the middle with 50% wanting him cut from the team right now and 50% wanting to wait and see if he gets convicted. I think he should be gone...the feds don't serve indictments unless they have enough evidence to convict and their conviction rate is over 95%...not looking too good for Vick and the Falcons
I agree, some people were blowing it off saying the feds were only making a big deal because it was michael vick. I dont believe that. With the ACLU and other rights groups that could get involved, I dont think for one minute that the feds are not sure they dont have a case against him. I wouldnt have gotten so upset except the allegations were so horrific.