Father and daughter

Yesterday, I was riding a public transport on my way to my bank. On my way there I sat across a father and daughter traveling together. As I sat looking at the girl I can see a certain glow on the little girl's face. I think she is about 3 years old. I can tell that she is very happy that her dad is with her and she is very proud of her dad. That certain glow on that little girl's face, I also see that on my daughter's face whenever her daddy is playing with her or simply spending time with her. That certain glow on little girls face whenever their daddy's are with them is special to them. They reserve that to their daddy, I for one don't see that glow whenever little girls are with their mom. Its different. Do you see what I see?
@mamasan34 (6521)
I do agree. Moms are just mom, they know you are there for them regardless, but dads...most of the time little girls are "daddy's girls". My dad used to call me "princess". There is a glow on little girls faces when they are spending time with dad. It is a special time for them, but as they get older, your relationship with them becomes much stronger because you are a woman too and understand them more. Give it time. In my childs younger years she didn't want to have anything to do with me. Now she is more close to me than to her dad because we share more in common.
You know when my daughter was newborn I got jealous because my daughter preferred my husband over me. She didn't even want to drink milk coming from me. Now, its a different story, she looks for me whenever I am out of her sight. She likes to go shopping with me, in fact my husband would take her from me when we go shopping so I can concentrate on what I need to do but my daughter would prefer to be closer to me. I remember my husband told me that my daughter wants to shop with me bcoz all the money is with me, hence the reason she does not want to go with daddy. I laughed when my husband told me that and my daughter is only 4 years old.
@mamasan34 (6521)
That is very cute how she wants to be with you at all times. It means she loves you and most often they want to be like their mothers as well. It is some truth that she knows you have the money and thus wants to go with you to shop hhahaa!
@cheodej (102)
i agree with you. mom is a mom and the kids knows that whatever happens mom is always there. but being with dad is different. you see, mostly dads had no time because of their work and when they spend a little time with their kids and you'll certainly see the different glow from their eyes. every little time from your dad is precious and that is from my own experience.
Yes, my husband is always out of the house because of work and when he comes home he does his best to be in the most playful mood he can be for our daughter. When they play my goodness its like a storm hit our house. It's amazing and at the same time tiresome for me because I get to pick up the mess but its okay. Its worth seeing my daughter laugh and shout because she is very happy.
@tuffy999 (794)
i see that glow too on the face of my grandaughter everytime she's with her daddy. she feels so secure and proud.
They look so precious when they have that glow on their faces, right?
I'm 18 now and my realtionship with my dad has been anything but perfect but through it all I've always been daddys little girl and about 2 1/2 years ago we stopped talking and thats when I met my husband and about 6 months after I had lunch with my dad trying to heal our relationship, I was pregant and he wanted to be a part of our lives and my husband said when I came home I had a glow about me and he has noticed I always have it when I'm with him. I spend most of every weekend at his house just hanging out, it makes my husband want a daughter.
yes, i agree. we got 2 daughters, 3 and a four month old. my 3 year old daughter can't even sleep without her daddy beside her. my hubby calls them princess. they've got a song that everytime she hears it, she wants daddy to dance with her. i get jealous sometimes.. but seeing her smile that way, makes my heart melt... i'm proud of my hubby
Ohhh...that's nice, I guess both of us are lucky we got ourselves a good husband. Thanks.
@smartmom (827)
It is the same thing with my two boys. They spend all day with me, and they love juwst getting a little bit of attention from their dad. I have to say though, that the look on my one year old, if I have been out and come home is amazing. It just melts my heart to see that kind of love from such a little child.
To me whenever I see that expression on my daughter's face I can say I found heaven. It's simply unexplainable.